PDA

View Full Version : Talk To Me About The F-250 Super Duty

Dr. Dan
12-09-2004, 11:15 PM
:cool!: Checkin into some alternative Summer Transportation, Deisel,Single Axle 4 x 4, 4 Door,with the King Ranch Option...etc.

How are the 6.0 Motors...and the other features...?

Doc ;)

Cuda
12-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Doc, I believe they finally have the bugs worked out in the 6.0. It is quieter and faster than my 7.3, and gets better mileage too (one of my guys has one). I test drove the first '05 F250 diesel that my local dealer had on his lot. There are some nice improvements in the 05. The main one being that they put coil springs in the front, and now it turns much sharper. It also rides smoother with an empty load. I plan on buying one, just waiting until after the first for tax reasons.

You might want to forego the King Ranch, I think it might hurt resale, unless you plan on keeping it a long time.

Dr. Dan
12-10-2004, 03:54 PM
:spongebob Thanks Guys...Yes I see what ya mean as far as the King Ranch option...ya either love it or hate it? The Lariat is always a nice upgrade...I had an 1981 with a 400 Modified ....it was a fun truck.

I am really impressed with how the Truck looks and performs...I just wanted someone to tell me more....especially Dog Man...ManDog! I knew ya had some issues...just was not sure what they were?

I'll keep ya posted

Doc :beer:

Cuda
12-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah, that's the deal with the King Ranch, personally, I like them, but not everyone does. The also make a Harley Davidson Edition which I imagine will hold it's value.

Cuda
12-10-2004, 04:04 PM
My last three Fords were all Lariats. It makes them easier to sell down the road, and the leather is much easier to clean in my line of work.

mphatc
12-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Dr. Dan,

I drive a Ford, and it's my second F150 4x4. This one is the 7700 pkg essentially a 3/4 ton in the 150 chassis.
Equipped withthe 5.4 it has all the towing capacity I''ll ever need, it can tow my BMW M3 on my steel trailer, my Corsican like it's not there or my 24 Chapparal and easily run with the big PSD w/o the everyday hassle of what I have to call a "huge truck".

Sorry, I know alot of you swear by the PSD, and if I needed it I to would own it, but for me my truck is a tool to haul race cars every day of the week, and I can't justify the additional $$$ to buy the PSD in the bigger chassis. The Ford chassis and body will not last as long as the engine. :confused:
(I often tow a 5500 lb load 600 miles)

That said, I am now going to advise you NOT to buy a Ford! I have many customers towing heavier enclosed trailers with race cars long distances . . . and those that don't have problems have Chevrolets or GMCs . . Tahoes, Suburbans, Denalis . .

Both of my Fords have required extensive work, my new one by 40K needed shocks, front suspension work and exhaust manifolds, the later a very common problem!!! I installed Gibson SS headers . . expensive!!
Both Fords have needed electrical repairs. A bit frustrating to say the least.

IMHO, the price difference to own a PSD buys alot of fuel . . which is always better spent for the Donzi!

Mario

Cuda
12-10-2004, 09:44 PM
I also have to agree with MP. Sometimes it's not whether a truck will pull a load, but whether it will stop it. When I first bought my 302 Formula, I pulled it with my F150 4x4 5.4 . Pulling it wasn't a problem, but stopping was problematic at best. You need the larger brake that are on the Superdutys. As far as trouble with Fords, I'm on my fourth straight new Ford truck. I put 58k on the 98 150/4.6 with absolutely no trouble, I put 122k on my 99 150/5.4, and all I did was change oil and filters, never a belt or other fluid. Oops, I take that back, I had to replace the alternator at 111k. I've got 65k on my 02 F250, 7.3Psd, again with not one lick of trouble, and Debbie has 40k on her 03 Sport Trac with no problems. Compare that to the brand new C30 I bought in 96 that I ended up using the lemon law on it. Nothing but trouble. Next time you are out on the highway, check out what brand people who work from their trucks drive. Far and away Ford is the one. Most Dodge and Chevy trucks are used for hauling post holes.

mphatc
12-10-2004, 10:11 PM
For me stopping has never been a problem, never had to replace brake rotors, but all my vehicles get high performance PFC brake pads immediatly after being bought. This makes them stop!
We tow over HILLS in the northeast. I'll admit I have never had problems with my Ford drivelines, maybe because I run nothing but Redline fluids, but EVERYONE I know who has a Ford P/U regardless of model F150, F150 7700, F250,350 etc. has had suspension problems, failed electronics, broken interior trim, radios with no lighting, $200+ spark plug swaps on 4.6 liters, and every gas 4x4 has needed exhaust manifolds. It's so bad that independant shops up here turn the Fords away!

For me here in the Northeast I need to consider service history of what the others drive . . and those GMs aren't breaking. :mad: Because in all reality I love the PSD, it's a great powerplant but the rest of the Ford package fails!!!

It really comes down to the climate and geography where you live and how you'll use the truck. I also believe that when you pay a huge premium for the nice PSD you should be getting a truck where the little stuff doesn't break.

Maybe I should install a PSD in a GM 2500 HD . . .
or better yet buy a used BMW 750iL to tow my Donzi behind. Hey , don't laugh, there are a few BMW Club Racers that use them to tow 6500 lb. cars and trailers all over the USA!

Mario

Mario

Dr. Dan
12-10-2004, 11:33 PM
:bonk: Interesting dialogue...I have owned 3 Fords all pretty Basic except the '93 lightning...never any major issues...excluding the melted Main Cell hauling to Ky in overdrive without realizing it...so it was my fault...got it fixed and still running strong...for a garage queen.

The Burban is the first GM Truck type vehicle I have owned...and I can't complain...I love all Trucks...I just like em...probably always have at least one if not 2....now I own a 1997 4 Runner 198,000 miles on it...still strong...93 Lightning with 172,000 on it....2002 Suburban with 128,000 on it...already. And Lizard is cruzin in Style in her little G 35 Infiniti...low miles.

I want the F-250 for both working an haulin...but also as a diversion to drive...I drive about 75,000 mile annually...soo I need variety. I am liking that Harley Look in Dark Tru Blue...with the Blue Flames....great Wheels...

Doc :wavey:

BERTRAM BOY
12-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Dan, for what it's worth my DMAX got 17 towing the boat to Florida and back.
I've driven both Super-Duty and GM trucks on long trips and around town. The GM, I feel rides better than the Ford. Not that the Ford rides poorly, I just think that the GM rides better. Also, I think the GM is easier to manuever.... In the sense that it sits lower, and I feel it's easier to see the corners of the vehicle.
I know that the new Super-Duty looks bad ass, but do yourself a favor, and compare the two on busy streets, and drive them in busy parking lots.
The deciding factor for me, was that Ford didn't have engine reliability where it should be. You make your living with your vehicle, You'll just have to decide if you can afford to have the truck tied up for multiple reflashes.

Dr. Dan
12-11-2004, 08:54 AM
:bonk: Good Points..I will be test driving Duramax's as well....
I understand on the new Fords with the Front Springs now being Coils it addressed some of the ride and handling concerns, I am a good 6 months or so from pulling the Trigger...so I am not in a hurry! Have to unload some other Vehicles first...just to make room at the Ranch.

Doc :banghead:

Mac
12-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Do a little reading here in the 6.0L forums. Crazy amount of people having problems with those motors, from the day they came out. They still don't have it right yet.

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/

BUIZILLA
12-13-2004, 06:48 AM
did someone mention trucks???

nahh.. don't know nuthin about that topic :jestera:

Mac
12-13-2004, 07:26 AM
MadPoodle,

I am just curious as I read the truck forums I see a lot of guys with Fords that go through a buy back and then get another one, some of them then have had a second buy back. Why would you give them a second chance?
Is it a brand loyal thing? because I do not understand how anyone can claim Fords are the best when they are setting records for buy backs and problems. Not trying to give you a hard time I just can't understand it.

Mac
12-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Here is an interesting diesel engine comparison of problems.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2004-07-26-engines.htm#diesel

roadtrip se
12-13-2004, 09:02 AM
We have a 2003 Jetta and an 2000 Excursion 7.3 diesel.

I would love to see how the USA Today did that poll.

Neither has ever burped and we did our research. The Excursion is the finest truck I have ever owned. Jill still loves the Jetta and she drives an hour+ commute in it every day.

Most of the forums, including this one, have to be "filtered" for where the real story lies. Hell, I saw recently on a Mustang forum where someone had found something to complain about concerning the new Mustang and they are great cars flying off of Ford lots as soon as they come in.
Somebody volunteered to buy the Mustang from the complainer.

Point is, some people just aren't going to be happy. Yes, the 6.0 had teething problems, but the majority do not any longer. Every manufacturer turns out a lemon on an occassion. With the sophistication of today's engine management systems, it is typically the dork behind the scan tool at the dealership that is the culpirt in the inability to get a vehicle running right. Ford builds great trucks and the sales statistics support it by outselling everything else, especially in the HD market!

You can dig up dirt on anything these days on the internet, including our Donzis (Z-care anyone?), so read it with a grain of salt.

Now excuse me, I need to get back to my Consumer Reports!

Todd

Rootsy
12-13-2004, 09:58 AM
I've driven both the PSD and the Duramax... my vote is with the Duramax.. and i never thought i'd own anything but a Ford... i do like GM's pickups better though, especially powertrain and interior. Interiors of the GM's fit me better since i don't have 4 foot long legs. Ride is somewhat better IMO on the GM side and ive spent enough time in a 1/2 ton Silverado.... but i do think they could use a bit more ground clearance. I say drive em both and make your choice... both are fine vehicles...

As far as my 98 F150 goes... i flipped 170K miles this weekend... lets see what has gone wrong since new... AC Clutch at 160K, Starter @ 165K, Heat control knob stripped a long time back... superglue repair. Shocks at least once a year... bout 25K and they are junk... on every vehicle... RABS control valve rotted a pin off due to bad connector seal.. 40 bucks from the local junkyard, some dielectric grease and away we go... Rear back window frame cracked, replaced under warranty... it leaks again... insurance will repair this time... Multi-switch in column went bad... just had to fix the connector since the pins came loose and i lost blinker function... i'm on my 3rd set of rotors and pads... i get the softest pads i can... i've replaced rear shoes and hardware once... left front caliper and both front brake hoses... most of my driving is on the highway so brakes last me a long time... i've replaced spark plugs once... 50 bucks for plugs... hour and a half of my time... the correct tools make that maintenance item MUCH easier... pinion seal replaced this summer due to the pinion nut loosening for whatever reason... gears and bearings looked peachy so some fresh Royal Purple front and rear... and i am on my 5th Trans oil change... twice i've drained the converter... if there is one thing about the truck i am leary of now it is the tranny... something is a bit weak in it and not building proper line pressure... the converter wants to unlock whenever you let off the gas no matter what rpm. doesn't want to shift into OD or lock the converter up until it gets heat into it either... this has been happening for a couple of winters now... all is fine in the summer... as far as the engine goes.. she has never so much as hiccuped... K&N made a notable difference in improving gas milage also...

Other than that it's been a good truck... it tows the 16 like it isn't there once you are going... braking is a bit iffy though and that is with about 3500 lbs in the bed and on the hitch... the 16 doesn't have brakes on the trailer... the 4.6 really feels like it is a rubber band upon acceleration with any load on the hitch...

I feel ive put an F150 through a good trial.. and it still gets 18 - 19 mpg @ 75 mph on the cruise... pulling the boat to KY and back the last 3 years i've averaged 16 mpg, honest to god...

next truck really needs to be a 3/4 ton HD Diesel... the F150 just cant handle the HD car trailer and 7000 lbs of tractor :bawling:

J

Mac
12-13-2004, 11:21 AM
I like the SD, my only issue is with the 6.0L diesel. Here is an interesting thread recently started on the dieselstop, http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2141924&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

I agree that statics can be skewed to say whatever you want, and that there is all kinds of information on the Internet to backup anything, but the amount of people having problems with the 6.0L and doing buy backs are not typical for any engine. I would hate to see someone buy one thinking that it was just as problematic as the CTD or Duramax.

Team Jefe
12-13-2004, 12:53 PM
I know nothing about the DMAX, but I doi have a little expereince with the Fords.

First Mine - '02 F-350 SD, 7.3L PSD, crewcab, 4X4, long bed.

I run 315 70R/16 Cooper Discoverer S/T's. My commute each day is 72 miles (round trip) and I am always running 75-80 mph at about 22-2400 rpms. Average mileage is 15.

I also pull Jefe's Revenge about 6-8,000 miles a year. This year I took it to Winni. Again, 75-80 MPH going up and I brought us home with the "Pedal to the metal" most of the time. Average mileage 12.7.

Second My Dad's - '03 F-350 SD, 7.3L PSD, Crewcab, 2X4, long bed.

He's running 285 70R/16 Michelin AT's. He puts an average of 2,000 miles a week on this thing, sometimes going 700-800 miles a day....yeah he does some serious driving. He has a 3/16" steel bedliner, Large JOBOX, and Auto-Crane mounted on the back, plus he usually pulls a 5-10,000 lb trailer. The truck had 168,000 miles on it (oil change & other fluid changes only). He is not near as agresssive as me with the speed usually running 60-65 mph at 17-1800 rpm's and gets 21 mpg. and this is his 3rd one. the last one, '98 model had 383,000 miles on it when he the new one. Again, no work done to it..oil changes, fluid changes and filters is all, and he only wnet through two sets of brakes ( I would have gone through two sets a year :biggrin.: )

I will agree with Cliffy that in general Chevy/GMC is nicer on the inside than Ford/Dodge. But on the Upper end trucks that's not so much the case. You can for sure tell the differences, chevy's do ride smother and have softer seats, and the DMAX is quiet.....but there is a reason most of the work trucks you see are Ford SD's. They are built to stay !

JimG
12-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Whatever you buy, just make sure it's a 3/4 or one ton.

but there is a reason most of the work trucks you see are Ford SD's. They are built to stay !

El Jefe, where you runnin'? Down here in God's Country, all the farmers run Dodges. But they don't tow much, what's 20k worth of HAY between friends!! :biggrin: Sometimes they buy Ford's for their wives, cuz some think they ride better... :puke: :biggrin:

Just joking guys, the Ford is a fine vehicle. Jefe, Madmax911 and Krakmeup's Fords have proven to be good performers. GM also seems to have a good thing in the Dmax.

But I do love my Dodge... 22MPG, 202k miles, no problems at all. (I did have to put on a lift pump, $140)

Looking at the USA Today chart, the Dodge is the most trouble-free. And the gas Dodge is a POS. Not too suprised. Everyone I know with a gas Dodge hates it.

JimG

Cuda
12-13-2004, 03:46 PM
The GM's may ride smoother, but if you want something that rides like a car, buy a car. :) I say again, next time on the road, take note of which trucks are actually being used as trucks and not grocery getters. Most people who depend on their trucks for their livelyhood, depend on Ford. Count them, then do the math.

Oh, btw, I'm happy to report I bought diesel today in Ocala for $1.99. :) The first time under two bucks in a while.

BUIZILLA
12-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Danny, you need Cliff's truck verbatim, lock, stock and barrell. Rasta's too.. :biggrin:

JH

JimG
12-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Most people who depend on their trucks for their livelyhood, depend on Ford. Count them, then do the math.

Cuda, I don't know the exact demographics, but most of the contractors and farmers in my neck of the woods (that have to carry large loads like hay or bulldozers) use Cummins trucks. Not that the Ford can't do it (it does very well), it's just an observation. Most boat owners down here drive Fords.

The GM's may ride smoother, but if you want something that rides like a car, buy a car.

Exactly! :biggrin:

Hey, Cuda, are you going to the Miami Boat Show? Janet and I would love to hook up with you and Deb for a drink!

JimG

Cuda
12-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Hey, Cuda, are you going to the Miami Boat Show? Janet and I would love to hook up with you and Deb for a drink!

JimG

We plan on going, but you know how best laid plans are. :)

BERTRAM BOY
12-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Dan,
The great and powerfull Buizilla has spoken.......

ToonaFish
12-13-2004, 07:49 PM
(Caveat: I am a Bowtie kinda gal and always will be.)

Down here in Dixie, conversations about truck brands are more emotional than politics and religion combined. I have always been amused by how many generations of one brand loyalty that most folks can cite of their family tree. (And they always have a wierd Uncle Tucker who jumped ship and bought the other brand... that purchase led to hellfire and damnation, just ask them.)

When I worked in commercial truck sales, I found that brand choice often depended on the depreciation schedules that the company utilized, as well as the company size. Fords tended to be purchased by larger companies and had shorter expected working lives, while General Motors products were often the selection of the more Mom and Pop type company, where they planned for the truck to still be in commercial use ten years down the road and it was often driven for personal use as well.

I could sell both and when tempers flared as to which brand was "better", I simply brought up the thief living in the White House. (Didn't matter who.) Much safer topic.

Team Jefe
12-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Hey, I got no hard feelings for the Dodge. If not for the PSD I'd have a cummins. I actually priced both in '02, but Dodge didn't have a crew cab back then.

....and I said work trucks, not farm trucks....both have similar uses, but the farmers like the dodge cause its loud like their tractors :D :wavey:

...And just for the record, I did have a Chevy 2500HD, 4X4, ext cab, long bed before my PSD. It was not a DMAX, 6.0 L gas motor, Nice riding and appointed truck (LT Model), but it does not even compare to the Ford for pulling. Maybe the DMAX 3500 would do better, but even the suspension was very loose, Krakmeup's & Madmax911's F250's even have tighter suspensions.

Danny - drive them ALL. BB has a good point Buizilla has spoken, and maybe you don't need such a heavy duty truck for pulling the 22....Yes, I will be shunned by the BIG TRUCK Guys for saying that.......But these days, I'm trying to be a little more paractical about things....well advice anyway. As far as what I do is far from practical...I just put a lift kit on the Team Jefe tow ride, Merry Christmas to me...more on that later.

Cuda
12-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Speaking of F250's and Harleys, check this out. Of course it doesn't say diesel or 2005.

Cuda
12-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Scott, here's a link to the ad. Delivery may be a problem.

http://www.nyefrontierford.com/en_US/

boxy
12-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Scott, here's a link to the ad. Delivery may be a problem.

http://www.nyefrontierford.com/en_US/

Cuda, no problem with the delivery, send Lenny north to Alaska, I'll head north-west and meet him somewhere around Edmonton Alberta, on the way home I'll swing into Michigan, hand it off to Rootsy, he and Patti can drive it to NYC for Christmas, have Doc meet up with them before he heads to Winni for New Years, after the Winni crew customizes the Harley, hand it off to Air 22, he can use it to tow his 22 to Poodles for the winter, and BOOM Bob's your uncle, the new HD special Edition is sitting in sunny FLA. :D

gcarter
12-15-2004, 09:26 AM
and BOOM Bob's your uncle, the new HD special Edition is sitting in sunny FLA. :D
Boxy, it's sunny here today, but it was 30* here this morning!!! :shocking:

boxy
12-15-2004, 10:18 AM
No sympathy from me George, it was -2 F this morning at 6:30, and it's warmed up to balmy 11 F right now, and that's barely cold enough to stick your tongue to the screen door. :tongue:
My great aunt used to live in Kissimee, you guys get a couple of freezes every year don't you ?

Mac
12-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Been there, seen the thread..

If I have time or inclination some day I will go to the Chevy board and drudge up the same threads from the Duramax intro which did not exactly go smoothly either..

Point is most believe the issues have been pretty well resolved since early this year, and the 05's have had further improvements including a redesign of the EGR valve which is the main culprit on my vehicle.

FWIW, YMMV :D :D :D
Do you really think the 6.0L is as good as the Duramax or the CTD in terms of reliability?
Not trying to give you hard time just curious. If I getting a new truck it would probably be a SD crew cab with the new V10, the whole diesel mileage thing is way over rated especially with the cost of diesel these days.

gcarter
12-15-2004, 01:04 PM
No sympathy from me George, it was -2 F this morning at 6:30, and it's warmed up to balmy 11 F right now, and that's barely cold enough to stick your tongue to the screen door. :tongue:
My great aunt used to live in Kissimee, you guys get a couple of freezes every year don't you ?
Steve, we seem to live on some kind of magic line. I'm about 70 miles NW of Kissimee, we are usually 10* cooler. However Ocala, about 35 miles NW of us here in Leesburg, is usually 7-10* cooler than we are. We usually get about 4-6 28* nights a year. This is a little early. Must be Global Warming. :jestera: :smile: :biggrin:

Dr. Dan
12-17-2004, 08:32 AM
:beer: Wow...you're outta town a week and WTF...it's only a Truck...but we all love our Trucks! :wink: Like I said before....I am not ready to do anything soon...but thanks for the input....

On the V10's...I know they are great for work...but are absolutely horrid in the mileage dept., one of our Salseman just got rid of his Excursion with one and he was lucky to get 11-13 mpg.... when towing his boat even less. I think the Deisel buyer is way beyond purchasing the engine for fuel prices...its longevity and torque....period!

I'll keep ya posted...its the end of the year...lets see if I still have a Territory to run next year...first? Always fun working for the Mega Corporations!

Doc :cistineb:

Mac
12-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Bringing it back instead of starting a new thread, seeing as it has almost been a year, does not seem like things are getting much better for the 6L Here is a little recent press on the Power Stroke 6L, tough to say it is as reliable as the Duramax and the CTD.....

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103776

roadtrip se
12-16-2005, 08:45 AM
One of these days, I look forward to meeting you, but we probably won't talk trucks, just boats.

This article is a re-hash of old news. If you read it completely, it basically states what everyone already knew, there were teething problems on the 6.0.

The problems have been addressed, but not without pissing off a lot of Ford customers in the process. I know, I was there at Ford as they figured out what was going on and made the changes. I own an 05 Excursion and it has never once even hicupped.

So did a bolt of lightning from a blue oval cloud hit you as a small child or what?

Mac
12-16-2005, 09:32 AM
One of these days, I look forward to meeting you, but we probably won't talk trucks, just boats.
This article is a re-hash of old news. If you read it completely, it basically states what everyone already knew, there were teething problems on the 6.0.
The problems have been addressed, but not without pissing off a lot of Ford customers in the process. I know, I was there at Ford as they figured out what was going on and made the changes. I own an 05 Excursion and it has never once even hicupped.
So did a bolt of lightning from a blue oval cloud hit you as a small child or what?

The article is 2 days old, I was just reading it and remembered some of the discussions here where people were saying the 6L was just as reliable as the diesel choices from GM and Dodge, thought it summized alot of the information about the 6L nicely in one spot.
I am not a fan of any company that makes a bad product and then does not stand behind it, the thing that always strikes me is how Ford owners are so brand loyal, great for Ford, at least thier brandng engine is working perfectly.

mrfixxall
12-16-2005, 10:01 AM
sorry guys i had to voice my openion,,thay all have issues ...me being a shop owner i work on more fords then any gm or dodge..ford 7.3 have issues with their injector's and injector o rings,their oil pans rot out (here in the mid west)front end issues on the 3/4 ton the ball joints ware out..i have seen on several occasions that the dr side axle tubes brake for no apparent reason.torque converter problems..oil pan gasgets blow..6.0 ford issues turbos fail injectors fail and the engines just blow up,,,my friend bought 5 f250
all but 1 blew up and ford bought all 5 back and rumor has it ford is droping the 6.0 dsl engine........gm dmax had issues with their injectors,now gm redisgned their injection system and installed their injectors on the outside of the engine for better heat transfer so the injectors wont fail..rumor has it that their will be a new 6.0 dmax in the soon future..gm also has issues with their encoder motor on hte transfer case for the four wheel drive and has taken care of the issue by relocating the incoder box bhhind the inner fender well to keep it out of mother nature....gm rear brake rotors need to be replaced under 36000 do to excessive rust build up but the brakepads will last 60.000 plus miles....dodge sorry guys im not a dodge fan but i work on them the leaste the only issues i have found with dodge is their brakes suck 2004 and prior.....transmission issues are from lack of trans services or the person putting the wrong trans fluid in after trans servive which causes premature ware....one of my cust just gave up his sub for a 2005 dodge and its sweet new hd transmission 4 wheel dise brakes and dodge knocked 10,000 off the sticker and he got one hell of a price on it...i have another cust that has a 2001 2500 dodge with 450,000 miles on it and stilll runs like a watch...if you guys get a chance take a look at the new dodge mega cab its like a suburban inside with a pick up truck bed....:beer:

Team Hula Girl
12-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Doc,

I have a superduty diesel with the King Ranch option and I absolutely love it. It is a 2003 with the 6.0 and it has 43K miles. No problems with mine at all.
I am actually looking at trading mine in for the 06 model with the Harley Option. I did get a chance to talk to the Ford Rep at the international auto show and he said that in 2007 Ford will debut a new 6.6 litre diesel engine.

Just remember, get what you really want and you will always be happier in the end.

J Mitch

Here is a pic of mine.

need for speed
12-20-2005, 10:53 AM
well I have had it about 8 months... i still love it.. 14000 miles everything just fine with the 6L :rolleyes: Harley , i love it.. more$ but wehn you think of it its only$ and the diff from king ranch to harley was not 2 bad...

It pulls great the new shift mode is so cool!!! you can stop!! with no problem with the biggest boat...most i have pulled was a 31 jupiter over to the east side it towed like it was a 22... great truck...

so did DR get one?

Craig S
01-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Saturday, I bought the Dodge. I drove the Chevy (with the new and improved October intro engine), and it was really fast (burning rubber and going sideways - 2wd), and the Ford was ok. As the salesman was demoing the Allison trans on the Chebby, I was thinking how much the rebuild would cost...But the Dodge Cummins got my vote, although I am in deep withdrawal over trading the Rubicon. Hope the resale is as good as the Jeep.

Mac
01-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Nice choice, diesel? auto or stick? 4x4?
My '03 has almost 37k on it now, just under 3 years old, no problems so far, 4x4, 3500, diesel, auto 48re, with 4.10s. I tow a big 5th wheel and have a couple boats, best truck I have ever had.