PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new handheld GPS today

ChromeGorilla
12-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Bought a new GPS today. Garmin eTrex Legend C. It's pretty sweet. Color LCD and real easy to use. Also bought US Recreational Lakes Cd too. It's got a cubic a$$ ton of charts. Printed out the best prices I could find on the internet for both and took it to Boaters World. They beat both prices. Price tag in store for the GPS was $349.99 got it for $249.99. CD was $99.99 and got it for $64.99 I was pretty pleased. My dad bought me the Blue chart for the south east too. Been messin with it all night. I love it already. Thats pretty cheap for a handheld color chart plotter and software. Get to try it this weekend too..ahhh I love xmas.

Cuda
12-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Scott, don't put it in the boat, you won't believe how much the weight of a gps will slow a boat down.

:smile:

RedDog
12-10-2004, 07:25 AM
and I have issues with the Legend models - I swear they read lower speeds than other GPSs - at least the original B/W models

PS - great price. I think that is what I paid for my B/W model

ChromeGorilla
12-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Cuda your killin me man. LOL

Fish boy
12-10-2004, 08:11 AM
and I have issues with the Legend models - I swear they read lower speeds than other GPSs - at least the original B/W models

PS - great price. I think that is what I paid for my B/W model

mine too. I swear my boat is at least 15mph slower (GPS'ed)on the water than it is on the trailer when I am talking about it. :D;) :jestera: