PDA

View Full Version : Warranty issues with Donzi Z-care

mjbtx
12-09-2004, 08:26 PM
I currently have a 33' ZX and grenaded the coupler
on the starboard motor/drive. Fighting Donzi Z-care
for coverage on the complete $$$ amount / parts.
I heard that the people who "owned" the Z-care
portion of Donzi warranty system went out of business
and Donzi is having to cough-up the monies themselves
to fix stuff. Has anyone else had issues getting stuff
covered w/proper documentation?

33 crossbow
12-10-2004, 08:06 AM
I currently have a 33' ZX and grenaded the coupler
on the starboard motor/drive. Fighting Donzi Z-care
for coverage on the complete $$$ amount / parts.
I heard that the people who "owned" the Z-care
portion of Donzi warranty system went out of business
and Donzi is having to cough-up the monies themselves
to fix stuff. Has anyone else had issues getting stuff
covered w/proper documentation?

:kaioken: I had a 99 18' classic and had payed for the Z CARE. When i needed to use it, I had no luck. But come to find out the dealer i bought the boat from never gave Z CARE/DONZI the paperwork. I was out of luck but i dont think it was DONZI's fault. That dealership is no longer a DONZI dealer now.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Man, not to defend or take sides to anyone here, but buyer beware.
We/I got smart from threads like this.
First 2 Donzi ZX's were Marine Innovations, in 2003 Donzi picked up the coverage. No issues for us, except the Marine Innovation wheel turned slow, but paid my bills.

I am now covered by the factory for my current Z/Care on my 2003 33ZX, I saved their cashed check for the coverage. No issues thus far.

I can tell you Z-Care has spent thousands on me, minus my $250 or 500 deductible, drives, new fairing install etc.
And believe me, I would be the first to blast them and sue if I felt the deal was not fair or misrepresented, hell I would sue for cause, cash and boat club verbal bashings if I felt I was getting screwed, lawyers are cheap when you know you will win... We are happy Donzi owners...

On the other hand, a close friend is living the nightmare from hell with his new Donzi.

In the Market today, there is about a $15K difference in a boat that has or does not have Z-Care, one of the reasons you have seen prices go down on Donzi's.... I feel the cost to return $$, and peace of mind justified the additional cost at purchase.

My lesson learned is get the warranty paper work UPFRONT, it will be needed in court, as for me, I am a HAPPY Donzi Z-Care owner, 3 ZX boats and the 4th (ZR) in late 2006 early 2007.
Bryan Tuvell
757-816-2013

PS, call the factory, they will enter the Hull ID in the system and tell you what coverage you have.
AND BTW, Marrine Innovations is up strong and in service, call them if they are your coverage.
PSS... some dealers are crooks.... they sell their soul to sell a boat.
Fxxxing Liars..

Shanghied Again
12-11-2004, 08:10 AM
Bryan.. Why don't you put the claim through Mercury they should cover a coupler and labor?