PDA

View Full Version : breaking news...

Digger
12-09-2004, 06:40 PM
couple pieces of news to share with the Donzi family. First, and best news, is Darcy and I are going to be married. We had begun to make plans according to our timeline, but that has changed due to the second piece of news. Namely, the Corps is calling me off the bench and I'm headed to Iraq come February. I'll be back in late August-ish, early September. Darcy and I will get a justice o' the peace style wedding here soon, then we will do a more proper ceremony some time after I get back. Needless to say we are very excited about spending our lives together, I can't tell you all how blessed I am to have her in my life and to have her steadfast support towards this upcoming deployment. She will keep the home fires burning bright!

Freedom is going into long term preservation and will be kept here at the house. Not sure how often I will get access to the internet while in the sandbox but I will provide updates as able.

We'll see you all in Sarasota next October :beer:

marcdups
12-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Congrats and be safe :wavey: :wavey:

ToonaFish
12-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Best of Luck and Greatest Congratulations!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Fish boy
12-09-2004, 07:16 PM
COngratulations to both of you, and God's speed to a quick and safe return.

fish

Formula Jr
12-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Matt, :wavey: Congrads, it is so nice to see two people come to that level of commitment. :wavey:

Let us know what your Mil address will be as soon as you find out. I have been sending stuff there already to the 81st Scouts.

gcarter
12-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Digger, this is really good news!
I think I told you she was a keeper! :)

ChromeGorilla
12-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Congrats to the both of you. And take of yourself over there! We wanna see that best of show title defended next year! God bless you and Darcy this next year. Semper Fi devil dog! :flag-mari

Doug G
12-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Congratulations to you guys. :biggrin: Be safe and godspeed. :flag-mari

Doug & Jerry

boxy
12-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Darcy/Digger, That is great news.
Digger we will miss you at Winni.
Stay safe.
Thank you
Boxy and Lou

Lenny
12-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Absolutely great news !!! :yes:

I am VERY happy for you guys.

CONGRATULATIONS :beer: :yippie:

Digger (I believe Matthew ;) ) can't remember :bonk: you take utmost care and get back here for Sarasota. I WILL see you again, (as well as Deneen) there. :yes:

Gonna miss you at AOTHV.

Congrats you two

Cuda
12-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage, and thank you for defending our freedom.

Dr. Dan
12-09-2004, 10:29 PM
:biggrin.: Oh the Conservative Ranks continue to propagate....Congrats Brother...and Semper Fi...be safe we will hold you in our prayers....if she needs anything...I will email you guys our numbers...we are not that far away!

All our Best

Doc and Liz :wavey:

goatee
12-10-2004, 12:41 AM
congradulations!!!!!!

goatee
12-10-2004, 12:42 AM
got spell check,,

dont use it....

mattyboy
12-10-2004, 07:31 AM
best wishes stay safe

DonziChick
12-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Congratulations on the wedding :)

Be safe in Iraq. We'll miss you at AOTH V

Patti
12-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Stay safe!! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

roadtrip se
12-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Digger and Darcy! You two make a great couple.

Be careful Digger. Jill and I are proud to know you!

Todd

tamburello
12-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Congrats! Take care and be safe while you're over there.

- Jeff

TuxedoPk
12-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Congradulations! I was much happier not knowing anyone stationed in Iraq- be safe.

mphatc
12-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Digger and Darcy!

Congratulations!!! :beer: All the best to the both of you! May you have many happy years together!

Stay safe in the sandbox, and we all look forward to seeing you in Sarasota!

Mario

McGary911
12-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Supreme congrats guys! I wish you the best on your wedding day.

Digger, be safe over there. any idea where you'll be stationed? I don't know what bird you fly, but they have a bunch of uh-60 blackhawks that operate out of the Baghdad airport. The helos are the safe part, its the road to the airport where there are problems. The military food is better than a lot of the contractors get, so you get lucky there. I hope you have some time to take in some of the country, it really is an amazing place. The military internet access is also pretty good, so don't forget to drop a line to the board now and then.

Amazing how a small board such as this, has several folks either in or headed to Iraq.

Good luck!

MrsDigger
12-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Thank you all for your best wishes. I appreciate the support and the kind words, and I'll keep you updated whenever possible.

Please keep Matthew and his fellow troops in your prayers.

Darcy

gcarter
12-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Hi Darcy,
Good to hear from you! I like the new screen name, but you need a little political something to it. :)

MrsDigger
12-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Hi Darcy,
Good to hear from you! I like the new screen name, but you need a little political something to it. :)
Nope. Regarding politics, I'm going to silently cheer some of you, silently vilify others, but the key word is SILENTLY. It's counterproductive. Besides, I know I'm right. No need to make the rest of the world feel bad!

Dr. Dan
12-11-2004, 07:16 PM
:wavey: Hey..... I agree with your sentiments....it's sorta like ..."God Only Made So Many Heads That Didn't Need Hair".... :smash: I'm Kiddin.... Darcy... after the Holidays...give us a call and we will do a weekend or two with Brad and Amy in the D.C. area...

I am very excited for you both....if I could be so bold....could ya email me your mailing address at Diggers?

Thanks In Advance...

Doc & Liz ... :rlol:

Garyw1
12-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Be safe my brother

smokediver
12-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Digger , congrats on the wedding !!!! Stay safe over there ! Maybe you could post your address once you are deployed .... Care packages from friends are the best .... God bless you ....

Crazy Horse
12-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Congrats Digger and Darcy!! Digger stay safe over there and thank you for your service...

harbormaster
12-12-2004, 07:39 AM
I already have a dear friend over there in Iraq.
Now I will have two.

Darcy and Digger, Congrats you guys, I wish you the best.

Scot

RedDog
12-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Congratulation Digger! Be safe over there and we'll miss you at AOTH. I move that the 2006 AOTH have Freedom II as the honored boat.

boldts
12-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Digger,

First, congratulations to you and Darcy on your marriage. It's such a wonderful feeling when you meet that person that makes your life whole.

Last, and most important. You both will be in my prayers for a safe return of you back to the home land. A lot of us do not always understand why we send our men and women to countries like Iraq. Then you see a picture of a Christmas tree ornament posted by Lenny that has both the Empire State building and the twin towers which due to some mad mans deranged leadership is no longer a part of NY city. The memories of all the innocent people who lost their lives that September day are remembered again. America can not let that happen again. The service men and women of America are fighting to allow the ordinary man and his family awake each morning. These service people allow us to have the freedom to go about a normal day in the park or a boat ride on the countries beautiful lakes and oceans.

Be safe my friend! Until the day I see you again, may God be with you. You've brought so much joy to so many who have met you.

BUIZILLA
12-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Congrat's on the hitch deal !!! my neighbor just returned this weekend from the 10 month sandbox roundup.... different playground over there fer sho..

Take care, you make us all proud to know you.

J & J

Woodsy
12-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Digger & Darcy....

Princess & I are elated to hear of your impending nuptials! You two make an unbeatable team and we are very happy for you both. Princess and I always hope to be seeing you two at any of the events we attend, you made Sarasota absolutely awesome for us this year! You (Digger) will be sorely missed at the Winni Poker Run next year. (Darcy, your presence is mandatory!) Give me a call, I'll need your APO so the appropriate Winni Bandit At Large Care pkgs can be mailed, and have Darcy bang me an e-mail with her info too! I know your folks are up this way, if they need ANYTHING, please don't have them hesitate to get in touch with me! Your doing a job so very few of us step up to the plate to do...

Keep the gauges in the green and the rotors turning! Stay safe and wear your kevlar!

GodSpeed

Woodsy & Princess

Eugene Nahemow
12-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Congratulations on your marriage.
Please be safe and thank-you for your service.

AquaV
12-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Holy geez! Congratulations!!! I am soo happy for you two! And Digger, you'll have to tell me where they wanna throw ya, cause I am sure at some point we might be able to meet up. I should be doing some traveling this year all around Iraq, so I am sure at some point we will be in the same city. AND, I would assume that you might do some traveling. HA. Anyways, feel free to drop me an email or message!!

Congrats again....

Heck yeah, we might get to have a Donzi gathering in Iraq... now that would be a first for the registry! ha.

MrsDigger
12-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Heck yeah, we might get to have a Donzi gathering in Iraq... now that would be a first for the registry! ha.
Now THERE's a Donzi flag concept picture with real potential.....glad to hear from you, Amanda! It's wonderful to know you're doing well and enjoying your adventure.

Woodsy & Princess, thank you. I always look forward to seeing the two of you as well, and I count myself fortunate to have shared such fun times with you all. I'm thankful that Matthew has such a great group of friends, and that he's willing to share you all with me. The boats are cool, but it is definitely the people who make the events so much fun.

Now, if only you all were close enough to help me pack .....

:bonk:

Crazy Horse
12-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Darcy aka Mrs. Digger...who is Matthew ;) ?

MrsDigger
12-14-2004, 02:06 AM
Darcy aka Mrs. Digger...who is Matthew ;) ?
:shades: Come help me pack and I'll tell you!

MOP
12-14-2004, 05:54 PM
MH wonder who!

MrsDigger
12-14-2004, 06:44 PM
MH wonder who!
HEY! I was trying to Tom Sawyer someone into helping me pack!!!:rolleyes:

catch 22
12-15-2004, 06:03 AM
Congratulations to you and Darcy on your marriage. Digger, If it's not to much trouble Finish what they started! Best of Luck to you and Mrs Digger. Be careful and stay safe. Our prayers are with you both. Looking forward to seeing you again in Sota. :wavey:

MOP
12-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Formally Mr & Mrs Matthew Howard :yes:

Sorry about the packing!

Phil

Ranman
12-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Digger and Darcy,

A big congratulations from Ranman and Donzi Jenn.

Be safe. Come home soon. And oh yeah, pray that you don't have a massive power failure that spans the entire Eastern seaboard two days before the big event. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .

Last Tango
12-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Digger and Darcy,
A real big Supreme SEADOG "Yahooooo!" for you two!

Digger, keep your hand on the collective at all times. Come home to us safe and ready to run the Donzi!

Team Jefe
12-17-2004, 11:29 AM
...Jefe finally pulls head head outta his azz :banghead: :banghead: ! ! !

Holy ShnIkees (as AV would say).

first - Mrs. Howard, you got one of the best. Not just a great pilot and captain, but a Sierra Hotel human being in every way. :yes:

Second - Lt. Col. Howard, All that crap I just said, well you still married way over your head (and yes I know she's from Kansas). :biggrin.:

The Best of everything to you both...you have each other and Freedom II, so that's a great start at the best.

I am so happy I can't see straight, DO NOT let me miss the big ceremony. Email, telegraph, send the coast guard to track me down.

Now Digger, let's talk serious for minute. You take care of yourself. I know you are proud and anxious to go and serve and I could not be prouder to call anyone my friend than I am of you. Woodsy nailed it, you have stepped up for a job that would make most of use wet our pants. and yes I want that APO as well. Texas Donzi Care Pacakges...from the Red Bikini Team :hyper:

OK, now the REALLY serious stuff. I think its a bad idea to leave that Hot Donzi Girl alone on teh east coast. There are way too many temptations for her. Plus, cold storage on Freedom II, in-con-ceiv-able. So, send her to Houston....she wants to come anyway. I'll fly to Va. load up the Digger mobile and bring her....and her back with me. That way Freedom can be run and stay in Shape.....and Darcy can too ;) . Besides you can not let her hang out with all those classics drivers, she'll be wanting you to sell Freedom and get a 22 or something.....

.....You think I'm kiddini' but this is serious stuff. Besides you get to go hang out with AV, so it only fair that I get to play with Darcy while your gone :beer:

ALL Joking aside, Via Con Dios Amigo...now I have special prayers for two more of my Donzi family. And Dacry, ANYTHING you need, ANYTHING you DO NOT Hesitate to say the word. I know that goes for allot of folks around here....we take of our own, and we will make it happen.

Happy, Sad, Proud and Worried in Houston

MrsDigger
12-17-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure which one of us married up, but if it helps matters, I only LIVE in Kansas; I'm FROM Oregon. The eastern side...where we chop down trees instead of hugging them. I thank God every day for bringing Matthew into my life--he was worth waiting for, and then some.

I appreciate the support from you all SOO much. I love that so many people will be praying for Digger while he's in the desert. I also appreciate the many offers of support you've made to me, as well. I can't express how amazing and refreshing it is to know that there are people like you in the world.

For all of you who plan to send care packages to Digger, please send him kevlar ...kevlar ear muffs, kevlar jock straps, kevlar scarves, kevlar boxers, kevlar wifebeaters...if they don't make these items, then they should!

Jefe, you'll definitely have an invite to the "real" wedding.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-17-2004, 06:17 PM
MrsDigger and Mr Digger, I am not surfing enough these days.
I heard the plan last week... CONGRATS.

Darcy, I told Digger we should at least have a cold one after the JP visit, on your way home.... he resisted... damn love birds... :)

Nancy and I are very happy for both of you, and if Nancy don't get a date there will be issues, she will insist on your first gift as husband and wife.
You will soon visit Diggers bread crum trail to our house, you should have a good tan by the pool for his arrival. And if you really miss the past, ride his tractor over.

Always a seat in our boat for you, Nancy would enjoy the company.

Bryan

Digger
12-18-2004, 07:49 AM
thank you all very much for your kind thoughts and wishes... every now and then I get asked why I serve... why the sacrifices, next time I get asked I'll just point them toward this thread.... every one of you is a little slice of America, and all of you make me proud to serve.

AV I will be in Al Asad mostly. Do you have a Donzi flag? You and/or I need one, what a photo op that will be. Find the TACC (Tactical Air Command Center) I'll probably be there. If not I'm flying around somewhere.

Again, thank you all very much, you will all be in my thoughts

Semper Fi!

harbormaster
12-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Digger I can send you a Donzi flag if you can periodically post us photos of your travels. Let me know where to send it.

Your biggest Fan,

AquaV
12-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Digger - Nice, I should definitely make my way through Al Asad a few times and I will absolutely torture you with my presence. And no, I have no Donzi flag... my Scotty didn't think I could handle it. HA. And I have been taking pictures, so I think with mine and yours combined, we can manage enough pictures to fulfill his need for posts. I know its not great for anyone to come here, but I am excited to have a pal here with me! Be prepared, let the photo-oping begin!!!

-A

And Jefe - watch out how well you try to take care of Digger's girls.... cause let me tell you, these service men (and myself) can find you. Ohhh the technology. Needless to say, Digger will whoop your ass. hahahahahahahhaha

MrsDigger
12-19-2004, 01:39 AM
And Jefe - watch out how well you try to take care of Digger's girls.... cause let me tell you, these service men (and myself) can find you. Ohhh the technology. Needless to say, Digger will whoop your ass. hahahahahahahhaha*AHEM* Girl...singular. Digger's GIRL.

No worries, AV--I couldn't fit into your stilettos on a bet, and I'm sure that in Jefe's eyes, nobody could ever fill your shoes.

If Jefe needs a shoulder to cry on, I'll be the one wearing Matthew's wifebeater, staring forlornly at the industrial-strength super-coffee-making nirvana-machine, counting the days until my man comes home. Ok, just kidding..sorta.

Actually, I'll be planting shrubberies (not too big, not too expensive) and setting up a website with a Freedom II cam so that Matthew can log on at any time and check the status of his Donzi.

Always great to read your posts, AV--nice to know you're still full of spit and vinegar and enjoying your adventure of a lifetime. Keep your head up and your skirt down..wait, your head down and your skirt...well, heck. Mom used to say, "Don't take gum, don't take candy, don't talk to strange men, don't get in strange cars, keep your dress down, your pants up, and walk home from school in a group." Good advice as any, I reckon!
:yes:

Team Jefe
12-20-2004, 09:37 AM
And Jefe - watch out how well you try to take care of Digger's girls.... cause let me tell you, these service men (and myself) can find you. Ohhh the technology. Needless to say, Digger will whoop your ass. hahahahahahahhaha

SO the next time I see an AH-64 flying over redfish I need to worry? :fire:

boxy
12-20-2004, 10:10 AM
Poodle, we may have to work out some of barter type thing for a case of Kalik Gold at next years' 1000 Island run....

...dreaming of summer while trying to duck a windchill adjusted -42 C day...... :shocking:

Team Jefe
12-21-2004, 11:31 AM
By 1000 islands, that may be the Memorial Team Jefe Koozie :spit:

boxy
12-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Jefe, maybe you should look into some Canadian Merc power, haul the Revenge up here empty, save on the fuel, we'll rig it on the Canadian side, then shake it down for the weekend before you tow it to Winni..... :D

Team Jefe
12-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Winni? crap that is July. If I have to go another 6-7 months with out my ride....I will go postal on somebody :uzi:

ToonaFish
12-21-2004, 07:33 PM
By 1000 islands, that may be the Memorial Team Jefe Koozie :spit:

Dammit, I told you to stay out of Pensacola.

DonRatto
12-23-2004, 09:47 AM
I just got home from my last trip, and looked on the site, congrats to Mr. and Mrs Digger, I had a great time ridding with you guys during the Winni Run, and I wish you guys the best, you guys are two of the nicest people I know. Digger, be safe over there, and this marriage thing is contagious, on Christmas Eve I am popping the questiion too. Guys I wish you and everyone on the site a Merry Christmas, from the Rat.