PDA

View Full Version : Between this announcement and flu shots....

Lenny
12-09-2004, 10:42 AM
this place is going to see a lot more US citizens.

Not much more to comment on :rolleyes:

Flu shots seem fine but,....this :bonk: :eek: http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/12/09/canada.gay.ap/index.html

gold-n-rod
12-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Gordon Young, pastor of the First Assembly of God Church in St. John's, Newfoundland, was highly disappointed.

"It's a sad day for our country," Young told CBC television news. "God is in the DNA of this nation. We believe that changing the definition of marriage is changing the divine institution that God put in place for the order of our society."

What the hell do you people teach in science class up that way? :eek!:

another Randy

PS: I say, let gays marry. Why shouldn't they be as miserable as we straight guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gcarter
12-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Randy, it's not that simple.
I have a lot of retired gay customers. Their "divorce rate" is well over 90%. If one would assume the hetero divorce rate is more than 50% and the catastrophes that causes, then think about the outcome of this fiasco.
Also there is another issue, one lowering of national standards leads, inevitably, to another. For instance, there was a legal battle in the Netherlands a few years ago to euthenise elderly people. Now there are reports the Dutch are Euthenising infants. Where does that lead?, your wife?, your problem teenager? your next door neighbor?
In this country there is a battle on the sidelines to legalize pedophilia. There is an organization in the US called "The National Man Child Relationship Org" or some such, that has the backing of some influential Psychiatrists. In some circles, this is a real serious issue. Would you like to be able to protect your kids from some kinky old farts preying on them?
Where does it end up? Legalizing gay marriage is just the first step.
Do you notice I didn't quote the Bible one time, but believe me, I'm capable of it.
:wavey:

roadtrip se
12-09-2004, 04:02 PM
what does gay marriage have to do with killing old people and legalizing pedophilia? NOTHING!

The issue stands on its own quite well thank you. Interesting thing is our star governor here in Michigan had agreed to give gay couple government workers benefits before the election, but now that the voters here in Michigan voted against gay marriage, she has had to recant. I find it very entertaining.

Michigan was one of three states that didn't create jobs last year, we lost them. Many Michigan folks think a high school education and a union card is an entitlement to life time employment. We have a business tax that penalizes small businesses for adding employees by taxing the benefits of those added employees. Our young people are leaving the state in droves. Don't even get me started on Detroit and the joke they call a mayor.

My point? At least in Michigan, we got a lot of bigger fish to fry than the homosexual marriage issue. I believe our governor is realizing that as are so many other politicians in this country.

This whole thing is a bit of a yawner and the fire and brimstone stuff... even a bigger yawner!

Todd
"Damm and to think I managed to stay out of all of the political bruhaha during the election, just to jump into this pile of insignificant dodo!"

goatee
12-09-2004, 05:12 PM
well said RT...

gcarter
12-09-2004, 05:12 PM
what does gay marriage have to do with killing old people and legalizing pedophilia? NOTHING!

The issue stands on its own quite well thank you.
OK Todd, I can't resist!
Let me spell it out for you.
In the case of Euthenasia, the Dutch law (I guess we could call the Kevorkian law since you brought up Michigan) was to legally help very ill elderly people to die peacefully. But now (apparantly) they are killing infants that the parents don't want! You see how it goes where you never intended?
In the case of legalizing pedophilia here, if we as a society, after 200 plus years change our minds about recognizing gay marriage i.e. recognize the marriage of two men, etc.
Then the pedophiles have an argument if it's OK for two men to live together in a legally recognized marriage then it should be OK for two "men" (a man and a boy) to live together.
Just wait, this just puts me on record as having said so!
We'll just have to wait to see how it develops.

boxy
12-09-2004, 06:03 PM
George, so by your arguement, marriage between men and women will lead to society accepting men living with 6 year old girls.... oh wait that didn't happen.
Get over yourself.

PS: It's not called the Kevorkian theory, it's called the Groningen Protocol.

The Groningen Protocol, as the hospital's guidelines have come to be known, would create a legal framework for permitting doctors to actively end the life of newborns deemed to be in similar pain from incurable disease or extreme deformities.

The guideline says euthanasia is acceptable when the child's medical team and independent doctors agree the pain cannot be eased and there is no prospect for improvement, and when parents think it's best.

Examples include extremely premature births, where children suffer brain damage from bleeding and convulsions; and diseases where a child could only survive on life support for the rest of its life, such as severe cases of spina bifida and epidermosis bullosa, a rare blistering illness.

The hospital revealed last month it carried out four such mercy killings in 2003, and reported all cases to government prosecutors. There have been no legal proceedings against the hospital or the doctors.

Formula Jr
12-09-2004, 06:40 PM
George, you lost me. I've re-read your post five times. There's no logic to it. You could just as easily say that straight marriage contributes to pediphilia. Otherwise, WTF, why do we have beauty pagents for 8 year olds and dress them up in high heals and makeup. That is deeply disturbed, yet not part of the talking points on the radio.
And as far as child welfare, just look at what a great record straight couples have. How many "husband kills wife and children then himself" stories have you read about. Shoot'um on a rural road, drown'um in a car or a bath - all done by straight women. NAMBLA is an urban myth as a real association and is pertetuated by prankters. What the prankster's real motive is, is pretty clear. Everyone needs a boogieman. Plus the Roman Catholic Prests seem to be doing just fine with the pediphilia without a secret society. If you want to see real damage, done by real gay people, you'd have to look to Janet Reno and her pediphile witch hunt. That put a lot of good people behind bars, some who are still there living out a true kafkaesque nightmare.

Any one up for an orgy with the Olson Twins?
Raise your hand! I didn't watch the shows, so if they're 18, yippy!!!

Here's some better questions.
Can a non-childbearing male, or non-childbearing female truely be married under the eyes of god?

And what would that union mean?

These are people that don't want to adopt, but like myself send money once and awhile to charities.
In other words, they're never going to have kids or don't have the potential of having kids.
Would you anull all their marriages?
"Sorry, you didn't breed or adopt! So you don't need the legal protections or the blessing of a church." If I think its oky for Gay people to marry, I'm really looking out for my own straight guy ability to get married and stay married in the future. Thats how equal rights works.....marriage is a legal contract anyway. The States don't recognize spiritual contracts - oky maybe Utah does......as long as its one man, many wives and not the other way around.
The extra priviliges, tax advantages, etc that are afforded by frederal laws that don't recognise civil unions are tenuous at best. And that's the crux of the biscit as they say. The harder people push for a federal definition, the easier it becomes to recognise the in-place laws as extra-legal.

As to the "well over 90%" divorce rate of gays......
Uhm. Prove it. Or at least cite the program you heard it off of. :bighug:

Len, I'm alittle surprised.
Doesn't BC MAKE people married if they just live together for 6 months......

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

gcarter
12-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Uhm. Prove it. Or at least site the radio program you heard it off of. :bighug:
Hi Owen,
I've already stated my "proof", it's just observation. And there's one other source. A few years ago when,I think Vermont, legalized "gay unions" the several hundred or thousand of recipients of this legal document, in a very short time more than one half of them were trying to have the "unions" dissolved in other states. Of course that didn't work since the other states didn't recognize them anyway. Anyway, even if its 70%, think of the load it would put on our legal system.
I think the odd story of the Houston mother drowning her five kids is certainly not the norm. After all, we are a nation of 290 MILLION people. It's kind of like the news of an airliner going down and killing everyone on board. Flying is still the safest way to fly, but you wouldn't know it by watching the news.
Also I believe kids need both Mothers AND Fathers to have a better chance of developing in a healthy way.

Formula Jr
12-09-2004, 09:06 PM
I believe children are better off with both also. I really don't know what a straight kid being raised by gay parents would look like. I studied that in psychology and couldn't form an opinion on it one way or the other. They seem to do okay, if the parents also know gayness is genetic and try to encourage opposite sex relationships. My uncle steped in as a "step dad" when my parents divorced. And he was as gay as gay can be with his buddies, but never around or with me. My values and moral senses are very strong. And I owe that to a large part because he pointed out how to be honest, reliable, generous and to have your word mean something. Gay people are not abominations. They are a third sex. Some of the greatest minds in history have been gay. What does anyone care if they marry?
Even if, and I still don't agree with your numbers, 70% need to use the legal system for seperations, that is the hair on a gnat compared to what happenes every year with teens getting married, having kids and then getting divorced.

Todd, alot of people in Oregon thought a Bachelor of Science Degree would entitle them to a lifetime of employment. :)

Cuda
12-09-2004, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=gcarter]Flying is still the safest way to fly, QUOTE]

No argument there! :D

Just trying to lighten it up. :chillpill

Cuda
12-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Damn, I've been waiting for years to use that chill pill emocon.

As far as same sex marriage, I don't care one way or the other, it's not going to affect my life either way, but I do think our government has more important issues to resolve.

goatee
12-10-2004, 12:37 AM
so,,,,

space pens eh??????

gcarter
12-11-2004, 07:01 AM
Uhm. Prove it. Or at least cite the program you heard it off of. :bighug:
:
Well Owen, we may have some numbers soon.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/10/gay.divorces.ap/index.html
As for my observation, we have operated our business for 17 years. Over that time, we have sold equipment to 35-40 older gay couples, mostly males but not exclusively. As of now, NONE of those couples are together. The reason I know, many of them fight over the water treatment equipment. Additionally, I have never seen hetero couples as emotional as these breaking up. I mean, I know a bit about this having been divorced twice myself :yes: . But these folks seem to go off the deep end.

ToonaFish
12-11-2004, 09:00 AM
But these folks seem to go off the deep end.

Perhaps it was something in the water? :biggrin:

gcarter
12-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Perhaps it was something in the water? :biggrin:
Good one Celine! :jestera:

gcarter
12-19-2004, 06:44 AM
Here's a follow up;

http://www.chron.com/CDA/umstory.mpl/nation/2953134

gold-n-rod
12-19-2004, 07:04 AM
In today's world, people are saying that God doesn't like gays because they are gay and it's wrong. But some people have started saying that he's mad for another reason.....

"In the garden of Eden who sinned first?

Eve did.

And for that Eve got painful child birth, monthly cycles and just all around the worst end of the stick.

Adam was forced to live with Eve as part of his punishment.

But in today's society, some people have found a way around that. God isn't mad at them because they're gay. God is mad at them because they found a loophole in his system."

:biggrin:

harbormaster
12-19-2004, 07:33 PM
kafkaesque???

I thought the Bush/Kerry threads were exciting.

I am glad I did not give my opinion.... :eek: :eek:

goatee
12-20-2004, 09:22 PM
hey gold-n-rod,,,,

what does "VILIFIED" mean? :propeller

gold-n-rod
12-20-2004, 09:35 PM
hey gold-n-rod,,,,

what does "VILIFIED" mean? :propeller

-----------------------------------:smash:
You'll have to take that up with "Miss Republican"!