PDA

View Full Version : Penbroke, you there? "Fin" required

Lenny
12-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Do you have the plans or template for the fin shape you created for the leg of your Volvo?

I would love to see them and maybe give that a try as well.

mattyboy
12-08-2004, 06:02 PM
lenny you can order them they are a factory item

penbroke
12-08-2004, 09:08 PM
I have heard that they can be bought but I have never seen one... Maybe someone could provide a part number??

I made mine just by sketching what looked right. I have NO steering torque issues whatsoever with any of my props. One finger steering at all but WOT and one hand steering there. A very SMALL adjustment of the tab makes a very LARGE difference in the feedback at the steering wheel. If I change the drive trim I have to change the tab as well.

I have had a couple people interested and was planning to make a few this winter. If you want I'll do some measuring this weekend...

Frank

Lenny
12-09-2004, 12:24 AM
Yes please Frank :)

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
12-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey, Frank. I told you you could sell a bunch of these. Remember, I asked first! LOL

Eric

penbroke
12-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Hey, Frank. I told you you could sell a bunch of these. Remember, I asked first! LOL

Eric

Eric, I haven't forgotten. You'll have to pick your's up in person this spring. We need to do the whole prop/fin/gps thing we talked about. :yes:

Lenny: You have mail...

Frank
Stable at speed.

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
12-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Definitely.

Lenny
12-13-2004, 09:23 PM
"got" mail. Thank you Frank :yes:

Lenny
12-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Your fin diagram is exceptional :yes: ,...BUT how do I do that to this ?

Other than the obvious, and removing the plate, do you think it will work? Great idea on your part!!!

I am NOT posting your scaled CAD drawing. That is your intellectual property. :)

penbroke
12-14-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm sure one could be made to fit, but I don't think it would work any better than the one you already have. Yours appears to have more surface area and about equal areas behind and in front of the pivot helping it to stay in position.

I would think with a fin that big you should be able to counter any torque ceated by the prop/trim angle. Am I missing something here???

Is that the Hill prop?

Frank
confused

Lenny
12-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Ultra :)