PDA

View Full Version : Looking for stuffed Jalapeno recipe

Sagbay32
12-06-2004, 05:16 PM
I remember there was a recipe for stuffed Jalapenos floating around a few years ago...I think it had something to do with a get together and Mr. Poodle was involved.

I cannot seem to find my copy.....any help appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Patti
12-06-2004, 05:27 PM
This is the recipe i've used..it's pretty tasty! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

24 jalapeno peppers 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened 2 garlic cloves finely minced 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 2 large eggs beaten with 1 tablespoon milk 1 cup bread crumbs Oil for frying

Wearing rubber gloves, cut stems off the jalapenos approximately 1/2 inch from the top. Save the tops. Using a small knife, remove the seeds and membrane.
In a small bowl, blend together the cream cheese, garlic, cilantro, chili powder and shredded cheddar. Fill the inside of the peppers with the cream cheese mixture. Over fill with the cheese and press the top back on each pepper. Wipe off any excess.
Place the flour in a bowl, the egg/milk mixture in another, and the bread crumbs in a third. First dredge the stuffed peppers in flour, second in the egg, and then roll in the bread crumbs, being sure to cover the entire pepper. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat approximately 2-inches of oil in a deep-fryer or saucepan to 350 degrees. When the oil is hot, carefully place 3 or 4 breaded jalapenos at a time in the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown (do not overcook). Drain on paper towels, and keep warm in a 200 degree oven. Filling is hot!
Makes 24 poppers.

http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Sagbay32
12-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Thank you very much. I have to make something for my work Christmas party. This should be just the thing. :kaioken:

Mike

ToonaFish
12-06-2004, 07:49 PM
The reciped should add: Don't touch your eyes, scratch your nose, or use the little boys room with your own hands, gloved or no.

Don't ask me how I know this.

David O
12-06-2004, 08:01 PM
For a little different flare try this.

Serve with a spicy queso dip.

12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
12 jalapeño peppers
6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise

Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Cut a slit in each jalapeño pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a jellyroll pan.
Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is cooked. Serve warm.

ToonaFish
12-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Cross your legs.

(I'll never ever ever plant Jalepenos in my garden again. The residual poison would linger for days on any surface that had touched the plant and I never knew when it would appear to bite me. Was kinda funny watching the horse that nibbled my plants over the fence get a mouthful, though.)

ToonaFish
12-06-2004, 08:37 PM
There we have it folks, Poodle squats.

(Been to hell, no worries about my destination.)

gcarter
12-06-2004, 09:20 PM
There we have it folks, Poodle squats.

Maybe he used your avatar as a roll model. :)

Sagbay32
12-06-2004, 09:23 PM
I can't wait to get to the market and start experimenting. After reading the posts I had to run into the kitchen and scrounge up something hot. All that I could find was a hunk of Pepper Jack cheese.....it will have to hold me over until tomorrow.

Keep the recipes coming
thanks again
Mike

....heating it up in Michigan :angryfire

2biguns
12-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Some buddies and I were in a restaurant in Breckenridge several years ago where we ordered "Armadillo Eggs."

They were jalapenos suffed with shrimp and fried.

I tried to make them a couple of times using something similar to Patti's recipe where you stuff the pepper with the mixture and a shrimp (peeled and deveined but leave tail on) and let tail stick out of the hole for a handle.

I never had much success until I discovered WalMart jalapenos. I don't know where they get them but the suckers are the size of a banana pepper and can hold a jumbo shrimp.

Now you've gone and made me hungry!

PSS: Heed Tuna's advice, especially on the pee pee part. I can personally attest to the dangers of such sport, having once made a huge vat of chili with habaneros and bare hands. Got up to pee in the middle of the night and ended up running outside and jumping into the pool.
:kaioken:

pmreed
12-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Here's a recipe I copied from a Roadtrip post a couple of years ago.

[QUOTE]Good one Lenny and fairly accurate...

We always get these kinds of reactions from our friends from up north when we cook for them.
Something like, "Oh no your not putting that kind of stuff in the food are you?"

I travel the country on business and the food in most places is bland and uninspiring.

Our friends try the food and guess what, they find it interesting and tasty! The secret is to not over do it.

A recipe from Mark Horne, farmertex on the board, that you all should try:

Texas Tear Drops:

Cut in half and seed 30 mild jalepenos,
Spread cream cheese in the remaining shells,
wrap with bacon and hold in place with toothpicks,
Cook for thirty minutes at 375-400 degrees.

The heat comes out of the peppers via the cooking and the cream cheese. Nice smoke flavor from the bacon. NOT HOT, just spicy.

Big hit at the Texas Roundup and with the Donzi groupies at the Key West Worlds.

Enjoy, Todd [QUOTE]

I've made this several times and it was always a big hit.

Phil

Walt. H.
12-07-2004, 10:02 AM
I use to buy them boxed from "Sams Club" but i'm going to try making them both ways from your two recipes, the next time a party with friends comes around. around. :sombrero: :chilipepp :chilipepp

Thank you both,
Walt :wavey: