PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Regazza parts

Ernie Gibson
12-04-2004, 04:50 PM
:dolphin: I have a 1988 Regazza which I thought was in perfect shape. It' s been in dry stack all of it's life. Gel coat, ect. all look new. Turns out stringers and transom have cancer to the tune of about $3K in repairs. I may part it out rather than fix and go for a classic 22. It's
a mercruiser Alpha one with 350ci. / 260 Hp and runs 55mph with no problem. It's really too nice to part out, Anyone interested in the boat for repair . I haven't decided for sure what to do, still in shock....but open for any advice. I live in Atlanta. No trailer as in the pictures but it's sitting on a new alum trailer that I plan to keep so may be able to get to you if you live a reasonable distance.

florida gator
12-05-2004, 08:54 AM
I may be interested in some of the pieces if you go that route. What size boat is it?

Ernie Gibson
12-05-2004, 01:17 PM
It's a Regazza 21 foot. I will let you know if I decide to part out, really can't imagine doing that to this boat. I have all of the covers, ect. Guages, steering wheel and interior are excellent as is the rest of the boat but it's going to need stringers and transom to be as new. I took the interior out and it's in my basement. Also removed the carpoet so I could get a good look at the deterioration that has occoured. I've had 3 people look at it and all say the way to fix is remove floor, tank, and engine, attach new stringers to the old ones and replace transom from the inside so no gel coating is necessary. Any idea what it's worth? Thanks.

florida gator
12-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Not sure the value. I see them on ebay and boat trader around 7-10k range. Not sure what they're "selling" for though.

I would get another opinion on the stringers. I just had my floor replaced, gas tank wire brushed and stringers repaired for about $1500.

vanstee
12-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Not sure the value. I see them on ebay and boat trader around 7-10k range. Not sure what they're "selling" for though.

I would get another opinion on the stringers. I just had my floor replaced, gas tank wire brushed and stringers repaired for about $1500.

I'm interested in the engine and outdrive... or maybe the whole thing. I'll be in Lakeland the week of Jan 10th. How far are you from there?

sweet 16 1966
12-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Atlanta to Lakeland is 500 miles.
I have seen this boat. It is in excellent condition other than
what was noted above. It has been run all summer with no problems. A good deal for someone with skills .

Ernie Gibson
12-31-2004, 09:56 AM
I'm interested in the engine and outdrive... or maybe the whole thing. I'll be in Lakeland the week of Jan 10th. How far are you from there?I spent the week putting in new carpet and replaced a bad spot in the floor so the boat looks like new now but will eventually have to have some work. I'll take $3K for the boat or $5K for the boat and brand new '05 alum. tailer. I just paid $2,600 for the trailer because I was so happy with the boat. You could drive this boat for a summer or two with no problem. I just such a long term type that I want to move into a boat that I can keep. All guages, covers, ( front, back, top, and full cover are in great shape. Interior is good but not perfect. I'll attach some pics for you to preview. Thanks, Ernie. Send me an e-mail at egg@panduit.com for more info. Cell 404-697-7474. By the way, I had it up to 57MPH before taking it apart, not bad for a cruiser.

vette53
01-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Ernie,

What make and size of prop are you using? I just re-powered and am looking for a new prop to support upper 50's or 60 mph.

Ernie Gibson
02-08-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure what prop I had, sold her last week but 60 will be difficult unless you have more power. Sorry I don't know the pitch.

Ernie,

What make and size of prop are you using? I just re-powered and am looking for a new prop to support upper 50's or 60 mph.

onesubdrvr
02-09-2005, 06:32 AM
I'm not sure what prop I had, sold her last week but 60 will be difficult unless you have more power. Sorry I don't know the pitch.Any boats in your site for replacing her? A classic maybe?

Wayne

Ernie Gibson
02-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Yea, I bought a 22 allright, only problem is it's a Four Winns. Nice boat but not a Donzi, needed something that will suit the family and right now bowrider fits the bill. I really wanted a Cobalt 220 but couldn't find a nice one in my price range in the Southeast. Drove to Charlotte, Destin looking but they were ragged out. We're good for now and the Classic gives me something to look foward to.
Any boats in your site for replacing her? A classic maybe?

Wayne

Ernie Tramposch
07-06-2005, 04:17 PM
:dolphin: I have a 1988 Regazza which I thought was in perfect shape. It' s been in dry stack all of it's life. Gel coat, ect. all look new. Turns out stringers and transom have cancer to the tune of about $3K in repairs. I may part it out rather than fix and go for a classic 22. It's
a mercruiser Alpha one with 350ci. / 260 Hp and runs 55mph with no problem. It's really too nice to part out, Anyone interested in the boat for repair . I haven't decided for sure what to do, still in shock....but open for any advice. I live in Atlanta. No trailer as in the pictures but it's sitting on a new alum trailer that I plan to keep so may be able to get to you if you live a reasonable distance.

are you still interested in part the boat out i am in need of the port side curved window

vanstee
12-12-2005, 07:52 PM
do you still have this?

sweet 16 1966
12-14-2005, 05:32 AM
He sold the boat last year.