PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Donzi 22 Classic 'Project Boat'

Red Rocket
12-01-2004, 03:51 PM
FYI: Saw this posted today in boattrader.com. This would appear to be an appealing deal for someone who has the time and some $'s to restore.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/0/77046590.htm

ToonaFish
12-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Did someone try to create a bowrider? Or perhaps it is a Criterion knockoff...

Project, indeed.

Bigbroadjumper
12-01-2004, 04:22 PM
WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I really like the trolling motor! Why didn't they make that an option?

JP BRESCIA
12-01-2004, 04:42 PM
What the heck was that guy smoking :bonk:
That picture is disturbing..... Obviously somebody along the way had no idea what he had....

gold-n-rod
12-01-2004, 04:58 PM
I am sick to my stomach. http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif

What an abortion. Some people.

It's like taking a Corvette and turning it into a wood hauler.

another Randy

slick
12-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Wow a 22 Classic F/S Edition.....(Thats Fish & Ski).......

Butcher................... :shocking:

I B Ill.................................... :puke: :bonk: :embarasse

Greg
12-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Has anyone from here talked to this guy? Sometimes just finding out how it was created is part of the fun.

olredalert
12-01-2004, 06:37 PM
-------Sort of embarrassed that this thing is from Michigan. What price would you guys put on this collection of mistakes? Ill go down and look at it if someone wants me to bad enough.................Bill S

ToonaFish
12-01-2004, 06:44 PM
What price would you guys put on this collection of mistakes?

I'd offer the guy a killer deal and only charge him a grand to haul it off... :biggrin:

Bob
12-01-2004, 07:12 PM
A new saws-all, a case of beer, and free time :puke:

It should serve as a warning.

RedDog
12-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Come-on! It has a nice trailer and with that deck it would be perfect for flipping a bass jig...

Lenny
12-01-2004, 09:10 PM
I believe that deck would go back in place as it looks to be perimeter cut and "dropped". At least close. I think for $5K it would be a DEAL :yes: but what is it going to sell for. ? Trailer is worth $2500-3000K.

Sam
12-01-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm going to check it out, at this point the trailer is worth more than the boat........................sad.

Sam :bawling:

Mr X
12-01-2004, 09:51 PM
I believe that deck would go back in place as it looks to be perimeter cut and "dropped". At least close. I think for $5K it would be a DEAL :yes: but what is it going to sell for. ? Trailer is worth $2500-3000K.

I just bought a BRAND NEW TRAILER, 2 feet bigger than that one,..... twin torsion axel with stainless brakes and 6" "I" beams for $2100.00
Is that US money your quoting?

Lenny
12-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Yes... ;)

I never get the "good" prices...

Walt. H.
12-02-2004, 01:19 AM
After reading everyone's post I was afraid to look for myself.

Now let me guess?

They we're cutting plywood and using the bow as a work bench, opp's they cut through and the deck fell in. :smash: :rolleyes: :banghead: :bonk:

Walt, :cool:

DonzigoJR
12-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Man this boat for 5k makes my boat llok like im not charging enough......This thing is a disgrace to the Donzi name and Im sure even worse to the good people on this board. Like what was said before, the only thing this boat needs is a little saw-zaw in its life :yes:

Walt. H.
12-02-2004, 08:52 AM
I thought the "troll motor" should have been mounted up front! :rlol: and it needs more cup & poll holders. :sombrero:
Do ya think it has a plastic prop from Wal-Mart also, I wouldn't be surprised. :rlol:

W.H

Hey, I thought we weren't suppose to have negative comments about other peoples boats, or is it ok as long as the owner trashes it first? :embarasse :biggrin.:

boldts
12-02-2004, 12:14 PM
You guys could look at this way. Take this picture, have Lenny build the deck and wa-la a very cheap recreation of one of the most saught after Donzi boats in the world. A Barrett Jackson resto rod so to speak.

Jraysray
12-02-2004, 02:47 PM
:kaioken: Did anyone else notice this? I guess this is one way to get back at "tha man"

THIS IS A BANK REPOSSESSION, CALL TODAY FOR MORE DETAILS!

Lenny
12-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Nothing like looking at a pic of a left hand helm, Ed Donnelly special. :yes: Thanks Scott.

Ed Donnelly
12-02-2004, 05:06 PM
I think Lenny was refering to the S.S.
All the Criterions I've seen,right only
All the Criterion S.S. right only(Chisholm exception)
All Criterion 11's left only.......Ed

P.S. All you lucky Florida guys, one less blue haired lady on the road, bringing Mom up for some cool fresh air for a month..

Lenny
12-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Maybe I can make this fit and fix it up a bit :smash:

gcarter
12-03-2004, 08:28 AM
Isn't that a Bravo on the back of that boat? And a big block? And a trailer? Also a hull that new would probably be solid wouldn't it?
I think this would be a no-brainer.
:wavey:

Walt. H.
12-03-2004, 09:43 AM
George you're right, but if a guy is that angry that he can cut the deck to compromise the repo value. I'm sure he could also pour steel grindings from a brake drum lathe into the engine oil while the engine is running and the stern drive is dry of oil. :smash: :shocking:

W.H

mattyboy
12-03-2004, 09:52 AM
yeah Christmas is coming too!
:rolleyes: http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif
-------- :umbrella:

one man's no brainer, is another man's blow his brains out??

it will take more work that it is worth to get that deck back to looking good and structurally sound,

yeller
12-06-2004, 09:58 PM
George you're right, but if a guy is that angry that he can cut the deck to compromise the repo value. I'm sure he could also pour steel grindings from a brake drum lathe into the engine oil while the engine is running and the stern drive is dry of oil. :smash: :shocking:

W.H

The cut lines on the deck appear to be clean and evenly spaced on both sides. It doesn't look like the guy did it out of anger. It looks as if he was intentionally trying to create a bowrider.

That deck wouldn't be very difficult to glass back in place. I think someone could get a seriously good deal on a C22 if they weren't afraid of a little work.

I wish it were on the West Coast because I'd buy it. If you could get it for $5k (I'd offer much less) you could easily be in a C22 for under $10k

Jerry Eisele
12-07-2004, 04:32 AM
Was the engine winterized???

gcarter
12-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Actually I was talking about the value of the components. I've been looking on eBay for Bravos. Those suckers are expensive. My point is even if you ditched the boat (although someone would want it) the other items would be worth it. :yes:

Mr X
12-07-2004, 08:16 AM
I talked to them and the engine was NOT winterised,
it was a repossesion......

Lenny
12-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Yeller, this thing would cost about $2500 to package, wrap, lift, ship, and unload (US$) to the Peace Arch border where you would meet it. Semi-a-moo actually or Bellingham.

No big deal. Been there, done that.

Doug L.
12-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Mp is a smart puppy!! :yes:
She smells like fuel! :eek!:
Up close the 22 is very rough, nothing has been winterised.
No back seats, front seats are shot, windsheld busted. stupid
stickers on side and transom, dont know if the paint would rub out. someone has been at the motor. Could not spin the prop shaft to see if it is bent. The deck and engine hatch have been cut for fishing chairs :bonk:
She dose have a nice bracket for a troling motor in case you blow a water hose!!!! :shades:
Doug

goatee
12-07-2004, 08:19 PM
i just wanna cry. then shoot him!

still donziless

yeller
12-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Hey Doug,

You've obviously looked at the boat. Do you know what the asking price is? Did trailer look usable?

Lenny,
What kind of delays (if any) did you encounter at the border. I figure no delay for the boat, but what about the trailer?

Doug L.
12-10-2004, 10:05 AM
No price open bidding
trailer ok.
Doug

Lenny
12-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Yeller, all you need is a "recall letter" from the trailer manufacturer stating that that particular VIN and model has never been subject to a "recall". This has to have the manufacturers letterhead and be signed by them. No big deal. The trailer is called an "AlumiHauler" ... :confused: You will have to make a phone call and find out who's manufacture sticker is on it ( facility that "makes" this model and call them.)

You hand that to the Border agent (inside the building) and pay $180.00 and in about a week or two paperwork arrives for you to have the trailer inspected. In this case you go to Canadian Tire believe it or not :eek: They check to see if it has tailights, and the tires are of the right load rating. Then they stamp the paperwork and you can then get permanent B.C. trailer plates.

Do not lie about the purchase price. That will be a NIGHTMARE. :yes:

Get a separate bill of sale for the boat and trailer.

There is no duty as it is Manufactured in the USA and comes under NAFTA.

yeller
12-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Lenny,

Do they hold the trailer while you wait for the paperwork or can you bring it home with a permit? Also, any idea what happens if the manufacturer is out of business?

Thanks,
Glen

yeller
12-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Hey Doug,

If I get seriously interested in this boat, would you be able to take a better look at it for me or possibly arrange for someone qualified to check it out. I can pretty much tell by the pictures what I'm in for as far as the hull is concerned. What I don't know is if the engine is seized or the leg is any good. Obviously I'd pay you for your time. If the boat needs the engine or leg rebuilt/replaced that'd drastically affect my offer.

Thanks,
Glen

Dr. Dan
12-11-2004, 05:07 AM
:spongebob Food for thought...if ya need a good engine and don't wanna spend a ton of money....email me ...my 454 is still available to a responsible Donzi owner...less than 250 hours and in pristine shape.....just need a Bell Housing ... motor is in NYC and I am going to get it next week in....I could just as easily arrange for shipping? :beer:

Pics can be seen under my section of www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com ...it is the Grey OMC King Cobra 454- 330 horse and more than perfect for a professional redo of an orpahaned child like this Classic. This is a complete motor(belts,starter,exhaust manifold, and it is on an engine Cradle Stand which comes with it...for ease of storage) so it is ready to drop in ...and I have Winterized it during its storage over the Season and I just rewinterized it 2 weeks ago...Manifolds are perfect and I can provide objective evaluation by a Certified Merc Mechanic as to its condition...

Sorry...for the curve here but if ya need a good unit...I would love to have it find a good home.... :beer:

Good Luck...and of course this offer extends to any member here who is looking for a solid BBC.

Doc :biggrin:

Lenny
12-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Glen, if the trailer manufacturer is out of business and no recall letter is available, I would bail on the boat,, or call the CCRA, (Canada Customs and Revenue Agency), and see what they want in regards to the trailer. I have never brought anything here that I didn't have the recall letter for. I have two imported "new" trailers, and that makes getting future boats easy if need be. :yes:

If you have the recall letter, it is smooth sailing. Just pull over, pay GST and PST on the two items, (boat/trailer) , pay $180 trailer inspection fee up front for later ,and keep on driving. My last one, I had delivered to Bellingham, had it lifted off the trailer it was on, put onto one of "mine" and kept driving North. I abandoned the original one in the USA.

Trailers in the USA are waayy cheaper than they are here for some reason, and for the price of a single axle, galvanized with brakes in B.C. you can buy a new tandem aluminum one in the USA.

Food for thought.

I would persue the trailer manufacturer first or offer that one up for sale to a board member if you can't find the Man, and put the money towards a new one. Manufacturers of Aluminum trailers are everywhere South of here. A couple of good ones come to mind and are available locally where that boat is.

Glen, are you in Vancouver or Victoria? or the Interior or just where? :)

thriller
12-12-2004, 01:00 AM
As lenny said...No Delay at the border with the right paper work...You keep the trailer and drive on...with permit or U-Build trailer plates..

Declare your boat/trailer for actual purchase price.
Failure to comply will create a stir and maybe even a fine.. Trust me ..Been there..Paid it..Ouch...

Regardless.. the price you pay for this will have to be verified as they will call ...BS until proven otherwise..

recall letters for trailer are easily obtained in a week , normal mail delivery..You must supply VIN number, date of manufacture etc.. They will in turn include that info on the "Recall Letter"

My 2 $

MM:canada:

yeller
12-12-2004, 02:56 AM
Glen, are you in Vancouver or Victoria? or the Interior or just where? :)
Live in the general Vancouver area. Split my boating time between running around the perimeter of Vancouver and going up the Fraser River to Pitt Lake (offset by a couple summer trips to the Okanagan).

rustnrot
01-06-2005, 07:15 AM
Yesyoucan was notified yesterday that his bid did NOT win. He was also told "to stand by" in case the high bid fell through. Does that mean he is #2 or do they say that to everyone?

Has anyone else gotten feedback on this yet, if they bid.

Mr X
01-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Yes, my friend got the same exact call, told him to stand by....

Jerry Eisele
01-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Got the same call!!!

yeller
01-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Out of curiosity, is anyone willing to tell me what your (rejected) bid was? I was seriously, seriously, tempted to bid on the boat. Had it not been winter, I'm sure I would have.:frown: That's a long haul through the Canadian prairies in the winter!

Trueser
01-07-2005, 09:31 AM
How many of us bid on this thing?

rustnrot
01-09-2005, 10:02 AM
About $3500 for yesyoucan, some odd # actually like $3553 or something like that. He wanted it in his driveway for no more than $4k (I said I'd haul it from MI to GA for $500). For him, this was one of those "darn it I gotta bid on it but I really hope I don't get it" things. $5k was a definate too high for him or me in our way of thinking, convoluted as it may have been. YMMV.

zeke542
03-16-2005, 01:04 PM
did anyone ever win the auction on this boat wonder what happened to it