PDA

View Full Version : My first Donzi

Jraysray
11-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Well I did it! I got my first Donzi! I am excited to say the least. Can anyone tell me how to research the original specs on the boat? I am curious to see how she came off the line. She is a 1990 classic 18. I want to attend some events as well. I am hooked already and all the wife can do is roll her eye’s and wonder. Any advice would be welcomed.

Scott

MOP
11-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Looks like you found one very nice boat, I think but am not totaly sure that it was repowered a swap from OMC to Merc. Maybe OMC used some Merc setups, I had a 1991 16 it had the OMC package. It is rigged real nice with all the nicer goodies.

Phil

Donzigo
11-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Nice ride.....and you've got a good package.....Merc to Bravo is a good match.

ChromeGorilla
11-29-2004, 07:35 PM
And Kplanes....... nice lookin boat! Now start planning which events you'll attend next year!

Jraysray
11-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Looks like you found one very nice boat, I think but am not totaly sure that it was repowered a swap from OMC to Merc. Maybe OMC used some Merc setups, I had a 1991 16 it had the OMC package. It is rigged real nice with all the nicer goodies.

Phil
From the way I understand it, the engine was swapped with some type of supercharged set up. The previous / previous owner passed away before it was ready and they removed the entire set up. The next owner replaced the engine with the current configuration. It currently has <150 hours on it. Thanks for the info.

MOP
11-29-2004, 08:31 PM
From the way I understand it, the engine was swapped with some type of supercharged set up. The previous / previous owner passed away before it was ready and they removed the entire set up. The next owner replaced the engine with the current configuration. It currently has <150 hours on it. Thanks for the info.

Well you have good drive, steering and monster tabs so it is ready to have some power added when you feel the need!

Jraysray
11-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Learning more by the thread! Ok, time to pop my cherry... what is the AOTH and where the hell is possum kingdom!!

Rootsy
11-29-2004, 10:02 PM
AOTH = Awakening Of The Horses (Version V this year). Held anually late May at Lake Cumberland, kentucky (Jamestown).

JimG
11-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Hey Jraysray! You popped up right in our backyard! We have a good group right near you. We boat every weekend on Clear Lake, with occasional blasts to Redfish. BIG raftups in Nassau Bay, as long as you are not adverse to thongs and such! :)

Shoot me a PM, we'll hook up...

Nice ride, BTW! Planes & external steering, that dude is set up!! :beer:

JimG

Team Jefe
11-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Another Scott....man I think Half the people who own Donzi's are named Scott.

No worries...we'll find our own nick-name for you anyway.

Welcome aboard, great looking rig, I'm kinda partial to the yellow boats....as I know JimG is ;)

Besides I like having the small boats around...at least I can out run them (well most of the time :rolleyes: )

Jimmy, me, CaptWK, Krakmeup, Tmann and a host of others are within a few miles of you......

....and don't forget about the HarborMaster himself...right there off Space Center Blvd.

Also AquaV...she's playing with Kevlar in Iraq right now, but she's a Full Fledged Texas Donzifile like the rest of us.

Possum Kingdom, or PK to the locals, is a lake on the Brazos outside Mineral Wells (NW of Dallas). We have the Donzi Texas Roundup there for the past three years and pull in boats from all over the Lone Star as well as OK, AR, and even CO....Actually an Okie is one of the major Organizers (Darrell)

Plus the SE Texas crew usually makes a run to Travis for a long weekend...and we expect a few new faces there as well with several Rookie Doinzifiles poppinig up in Texas this year.

You are in good company. I stumbled onto this site by accident, and have yet to meet anyone I could not call friend....and I've actually met alot of them...so its not just a cyberspace thing.

touchbase soon, Jimmy, or HM..I know his number is posted, or you can call Senior Loco himself, Capt. of Team Wacko, El Jefe...713 201 0923....really I'm not a crazy as they want you to believe :bonk:

Also, be sure you bride gets herself a nice RED BIKINI....they're on sale right now, I saw several at the Surf Shop on the Strand this weekend. The Red Bikini Team could always use another member :biggrin.: .

thriller
11-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Welcome to the Board...You will find the answers to most of your questions here..
Be sure to donate to the board if you find this site useful...ddaahhh

Nice Ride :anchor:

The other,
Mike Miller....

Jraysray
11-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Another Scott....man I think Half the people who own Donzi's are named Scott.

No worries...we'll find our own nick-name for you anyway.

Welcome aboard, great looking rig, I'm kinda partial to the yellow boats....as I know JimG is http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

Besides I like having the small boats around...at least I can out run them (well most of the time http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif )

Jimmy, me, CaptWK, Krakmeup, Tmann and a host of others are within a few miles of you......

....and don't forget about the HarborMaster himself...right there off Space Center Blvd.

Also AquaV...she's playing with Kevlar in Iraq right now, but she's a Full Fledged Texas Donzifile like the rest of us.

Possum Kingdom, or PK to the locals, is a lake on the Brazos outside Mineral Wells (NW of Dallas). We have the Donzi Texas Roundup there for the past three years and pull in boats from all over the Lone Star as well as OK, AR, and even CO....Actually an Okie is one of the major Organizers (Darrell)

Plus the SE Texas crew usually makes a run to Travis for a long weekend...and we expect a few new faces there as well with several Rookie Doinzifiles poppinig up in Texas this year.

You are in good company. I stumbled onto this site by accident, and have yet to meet anyone I could not call friend....and I've actually met alot of them...so its not just a cyberspace thing.

touchbase soon, Jimmy, or HM..I know his number is posted, or you can call Senior Loco himself, Capt. of Team Wacko, El Jefe...713 201 0923....really I'm not a crazy as they want you to believe :bonk:

Also, be sure you bride gets herself a nice RED BIKINI....they're on sale right now, I saw several at the Surf Shop on the Strand this weekend. The Red Bikini Team could always use another member http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif .I P.M'd JimG and gave him my contact info. Hopefully ya'll give me a shout when it's time to get'm wet.

As far as a nickname goes my wife can give you a few choice one's http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

I am enjoying the web-site and learning as I read. Thats a good thing. I've come to find out that getting someone to share in their knoweldge is not a problem.

Well my wife is already planning the yellow bikini so I think your out of luck on the red one. Good try though!

It sounds like we will fit in nicely with y'all. weve been known to "let Loose":beer:

Scott Heidt
11-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Nice Rig!

Love the external steering! Sweet!

JimG
11-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Well my wife is already planning the yellow bikini so I think your out of luck on the red one. Good try though!

Oh yeah, I think you'll do just fine! :biggrin.:

Check out some of our past Donzi Girl posts, it'll give you an idea... :rlol:

Jim

Team Jefe
11-30-2004, 02:01 PM

Bubba - you gonna need BI-KI-NI's in every color of the rainbow.....and Red is mandantory

Besides...RED...goes with everything :biggrin:

Jraysray
11-30-2004, 02:39 PM
I see how this goes! Bring on tha sun!

:cool:

JimG
11-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Bargain Beachwear in Galveston... it's the official swimsuit supplier to the El Jefe Red Bikini Team! :smileybo:

That's where da gals all go to get the latest in eye-popping swim attire...

If Janet doesn't show up to buy a new bikini at least once a week in the summer, they call to see if she 's OK!! :)