PDA

View Full Version : Lake George nosie enforcement...

ChromeGorilla
11-29-2004, 06:32 AM
OK here's a question for ya. Does anyone know how anal the fuzz is on Lake George about noise restrictions. I may be in for a world of hurtin.... Is it enforced more down near the village as opposed to further up the lake? Has anyone been ticketed during an event up there? Or do they see it's somewhat of an event and leave ya alone?

Dr. Dan
11-29-2004, 06:59 AM
:rlol: Geo is the only one I know who actually has been pulled over....and I think it was more for going over 100 MPH than the sound...but you could argue that too.

The recommendations from Fast Eddie is to open it up in the Center of the Lake...slower down in Village and Waterside Residential areas...you should be fine..... Winnie is where the Water Nazis Thrive.....they follow us around the Poker Run....but it never really is an issue there either?

See Ya there....

Doc :wink:

mattyboy
11-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Talk to Don N,
he got a ticket 2 years ago with his testerosa from the lake george patrol think it was like a 75 dollar fine but can be dismissed if you show proof of fixing ( mufflers) before court Date think that's what happened,
now last year Di's 16 and Kenny's cig didn't get bothered and both sbc's are extremely loud I can't hear my boat running next to either one of them

Don you out there??

daboys
11-29-2004, 09:57 AM
switch on quick N quiet when I'm inside a speed zone - open and load when outside the markers. Have only been bothered once in Warner bay - I woke up one of the rangers (he has a house on the East side of the bay across the road) early on a Sunday morning - he found me latter in the day and reminded me of the noise ordinance. General rule, cuteous boating gets you alot of leeway with the noise, racing around close to shore or in the speed zones gets lots of attention and the nose is just added on. :cool!:

DON N.
11-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Stay Out Of And Away From Glen Island ! Even At And Idle . Don't Speed On The West Side In Village . And You Are Probably Safer In A Group .
I Happened To Question The Validity Proof Of A Rangers Training Of A Decibel Meter . The Fine I Don't Know , The Charges Were Dismissed .