PDA

View Full Version : Nice Boat House Photo!

XK18_1972
11-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Nice, eh?!?! Our new 19' Kazulin is in good company in this boat house!

boxy
11-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Those are 4 great looking ONTARIO boats. Tim, or Don might chime in, but I'd guess your boathouse is somewhere in the Muskokas, or Georgian Bay. :D
If it is in the 1000 Islands, do you have a good supply of Speed Wax ??

ToonaFish
11-28-2004, 07:09 PM
But isn't it time consuming waiting for high tide to put the upper boats on their berths? :rolleyes:

XK18_1972
11-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi!,

Yes, we delivered that boat to the Muskokas this past August. We have 22 of our boats on the Muskokas. That's a lot of boats for us, since we have only built 80 boats since 1984! Most of the boats we have there are 19's, but we hope to have a 24' there soon. We also have a customer with a 29' that summers in the Muskokas and winters in Florida. Here's some more photos of that new 19'.

Ed Donnelly
11-28-2004, 07:29 PM
boxy; Was the 47E the giveaway? Where is 60E?? I know 50E is Toronto........Ed

DON N.
11-29-2004, 12:26 PM
NICE SET UP . THE 19' KAZULIN LOOKS THE STYLE OF A BENCH SEAT HORNET, DOSEN'T IT? :odie:

boxy
11-29-2004, 02:08 PM
boxy; Was the 47E the giveaway? Where is 60E?? I know 50E is Toronto........Ed

I knew 47, and 50 were up your way, I have no idea where 60 is from...

XK18_1972
11-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Yes, this one did have a bench seat, and like Hornets, we do also make it with a v-drive (see transom photo!). We also offer it with a two bench layout and with a forward "rumble" seat. Pretty cool....eh?

NICE SET UP . THE 19' KAZULIN LOOKS THE STYLE OF A BENCH SEAT HORNET, DOSEN'T IT? :odie:

Ed Donnelly
11-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Now that is what you call a woody S.S. .....Ed

Fish boy
11-29-2004, 08:34 PM
wow!!!! Does not get much better than that.

xk18, can you please send me more information on your boats? I have a client actively looking at hacker crafts right now and ready to buy something.

Jody
makulaf@mindspring.com

XK18_1972
11-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi Jody,

Sorry to post this "Sales Pitch" on our Donzi web page, but since we all like cool boats, maybe this will be interesting to some of the people here. Anyway, here goes;

Hopefully we can build a boat to suit your client's needs. As you know, Hackers are all wood, and need to be periodically refinished and refastend. Our boats hulls are fiberglass, however the deck is a composite structure, consisting of ¼” African mahogany and Canadian hard maple, vacuum laminated and epoxy bonded to a carbon fiber-fiberglass-balsa-fiberglass sandwich approximately 7/8” thick. One huge log is sawn and book matched to construct the entire deck from the same piece of mahogany. This construction technique makes the deck extremely rigid, lightweight, and structurally stable. The deck structure is so stable that we are able to apply 15-20 coats of an extremely durable, hard linear polyurethane finish, and we don’t have to be concerned about the finish cracking if the wood and seams swell and contract. The carbon fiber and epoxy hold the wood rigidly in place, and because the mahogany is all from the same log, during extreme weather conditions (very hot or very cold) all the boards will expand and contract at the same rate, roughly equal to the polyurethane’s expansion rate.

This hard, clear finish can be compounded and waxed like gel coat, making the deck almost maintenance free. Although we recommend to our customers that they have the deck scuffed down by an auto body shop and re-sprayed with 2 coats of finish every 10 years or so, we do have customers with 15-year-old boats that have never needed the decks refinished.

The great thing is, the deck is real wood, but it can be maintained just like a fiberglass deck. People who want a wooden runabout, but are afraid of the maintenance, find our boats quite appealing.

Also, people who own wooden runabouts know that if they run them hard, they will eventually loosen up the hulls and need to be refastened, no matter how well they are built. That will never happen with a Kazulin boat, because there are no fasteners holding the deck together, and the hulls are incredibly strong. For example, the 24’ Adriatic hull has a heavy hand lay-up, about 7/8” thick at the keel, followed by a ¾” balsa core (the coring is not for structural strength, it is used as a sound deadener), another ¼” of fiberglass, and on top of that there are four full length stringers and three bulkheads. The boat is incredibly solid, and with it’s 28 degree deadrise at the amidships step and it’s 22 degree transom deadrise, it rides like a much larger boat. I have driven hundreds of boats, and I am being completely honest when I say this is the best riding 24’ boat I have ever been on.

We, Kazulin Boats, like to work closely with our customers, designing our boats around their choice of power packages, gas, diesel, outdrive, v-drive, jets, etc. Besides having over 20 years of tooling and hull design experience under or belt, we also have extremely good relationships with celebrated naval architects who use extremely sophisticated, proprietary, computer hull simulation software. Our boats are designed and tested using the aid of these associates and their specialized tools. The combination of Kazulin know-how and our associate’s simulation expertise has really proven themselves in the 24’ Adriatic’s stepped hull and our stepped hull v-drive 19'. We are also working on a 20', 23', and 44'.

I greatly appreciate your forwarding this information to your client. If you like, you can also visit our website, www.kazulinboats.com to learn a little more about our history and our boats. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon, and I hope we can do something for you and your client. We also perform restorations (specializing in wood and fiberglass Riva’s and large Magnums); perhaps if we do sell a boat to your client, we can reward you with some Donzi restoration work or small commission as a finder’s fee?

Sincerely,

James Weber
Bay Shore, NY
631-665-6751 Home
631-767-8099 Cell
Kazulin Boats Ltd.
Kazulin Boats USA

xk18, can you please send me more information on your boats? I have a client actively looking at hacker crafts right now and ready to buy something.

Jody
makulaf@mindspring.com

XK18_1972
11-30-2004, 08:49 PM
Hi Jody,

I tried to email you, but your spam filter is filtering me and bouncing my email into your spam folder. Did you see it or the response here?

Jim

jweber5@optonline.net

Jody
makulaf@mindspring.com

Lenny
11-30-2004, 10:27 PM
Fish, you can buy this one for about $46,000 USD.

http://ca.apolloduck.com/feature.phtml?id=4515

or this one for $27,000 USD
http://www.portcarlingboats.com/jimmoyer/jimmoyer.htm

http://www.antiqueboatcanada.com/ViewBoat.asp?BoatId=25609

These were made about 30 miles from me. (water is in the way) :D

or, in Tahoe http://www.sierraboat.com/boats/fiber1b.html

also, http://www.kazulinboats.com/pages/preowned_cont.htm

Good luck. They are BEAUTIFUL boats. We have about 3 here locally. a 19, and two of the larger. The 19 is from the very beginning of the Company and I have to think it would be about a 1980-ish boat and sold under the Kavalk name. I used to go see it all the time after I had Grad'd and that was 1980. :)

This one went for about $24,000USD a while back. http://www.buysell.com/webphoto/bj/1958952806.JPG

Fish boy
12-01-2004, 07:33 AM
thanks Jim and Lenny, I appreciate the info. I am suppose to get together with him this afternoon so I will mention this thread and see if I can get him to check it out.

thanks,
fish