PDA

View Full Version : Data Tach

smokediver
11-27-2004, 09:10 AM
Has anyone seen the Data Tach ? Looks kinda cool.. It shows RPMs to the single digit , speed , and prop slip . It is in the latest issue of Trailer Boat Mag.

Mr X
06-08-2009, 01:39 PM
They are very cool.
There is one on ebay right now...

The Hedgehog
06-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Has anyone seen the Data Tach ? Looks kinda cool.. It shows RPMs to the single digit , speed , and prop slip . It is in the latest issue of Trailer Boat Mag.

They are very cool.

I looked into it. The problem that I had is that for a single engine they show the info on one side of the screen. The other side of the screen is blank so you will have kind of a goofed up display. Too bad because it is great info for prop dialing.

roadtrip se
06-08-2009, 01:59 PM
So being a bit of a computer geek, I have a couple of questions about this thing?

1) Does it take a monster-style hole in the dash? I have seen one on a ZRC and think I remember it taking a big hole. I would like to cram one into the dash on the flowerpot, but there is only so much real estate there.

2) Does it take a Smartcraft digital feed or can you give it analog signals?
If analog works, which is what most of us have, what is invloved in setting it up?

3) Ted. Have you actually used one? Real world experience?

I like the smartcraft stuff, which I know won't work with the 500, but this thing looks like a nice half-way point. Pretty cool stuff.

Thanks for bringing it up Smoke, I had been thinking about it...

Mr X
06-08-2009, 05:29 PM
1. Yes

2. Both....see the details on the website. Too involved to go into here.

3. Yes, see photo.