PDA

View Full Version : OMC Exhause Bellows Replacement

onesubdrvr
11-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Is it possible to replace the exhaust bellows without removing the outdrive? Haven't attempted yet, just a question. OH yeah, Cobra drive.

Wayne

PS Just another issue to address before I do anything to the engine

Greg K
11-27-2004, 10:26 AM
No Houdini here, but yes, the exhaust can be done without removing the drive. The drive shaft bellows is a Houdini trick.

Greg K
11-27-2004, 10:43 AM
oops, I need to read the posts more carefully don't I......:bonk::bonk:

That's been a little habit lately hasn't it..?? ;)

onesubdrvr
11-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Well,

Once in a blue moon things go my way,.... now if I could just solve the engine problem!!

Wayne
:chillpill :alligator

TBroccoli
11-29-2004, 04:01 PM
I replaced mine on the BRAVO 1 (Thanks MP for the part) without removing the drive. I couldn't use my hands for a couple of days. Why replace it any way. If it is like the Bravo 1 there seems to be ne real need for it. Most of the exhaust and cooling water flows through ports to either side of the drive anyway.

MOP
11-30-2004, 07:02 AM
MP first post was correct! Not having worked on this stuff in awhile I had to take a look at the book, the standard Cobras exhaust bellows is inserted fron the drive side od the housing and retained by a spring clip so Houdini will need to assist you.

Phil

onesubdrvr
11-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Well,

I went to pick up my new bellows today and found that they had holes in them (like what I thought was problematic on my old ones). What are these holes for?

Thanks
Wayne

MOP
11-30-2004, 07:17 PM
Well,

I went to pick up my new bellows today and found that they had holes in them (like what I thought was problematic on my old ones). What are these holes for?

Thanks
Wayne

They relieve back pressure when idling similar to the relief ports on the Merc setups.