PDA

View Full Version : 1971 16' classic O/B

onesubdrvr
11-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Well, as an avid Donzi fan, I am putting out this information for anyone interested. I was in Grant, Florida the other day and saw a Donzi for sale. I stopped by and talked to the wife of the owner (who seemed to know a little - atleast she knew who Don Aranow was). Anyway, she stated that the boat was a 1971. The engine is a 135hp Mercury Black Max (?) Interior was recently redone - looked OK, but carpet needed replaced or atleast cleaned. The cockpit cover needs replaced / repaired (mooring cover). The hull was white with light blue stripes. Stated speed was in the mid 50's. Trailer was included, don't remember what brand, or if it was aluminum or galvanized, but single axel and appeared to be in pretty good shape. The gell coat on the boat has spidered pretty badly (in my opinion), but overall, considering the boat is 33 years old, appeared to be in good condition. Asking price is 5k. I was interested, but unfortunately it is just too small for my enormous,......Family. Anyway, if anyone is SERIOUSLY interested, I will make another run north and take some pictures.

Wayne

Fish boy
11-29-2004, 10:43 PM
hey wayne, I would like to know more about it. I am not that far from there if you could let me know how to get there I would appreciate it.

THanks,

fish

onesubdrvr
12-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Fish,

Sorry for not seeing your reply sooner, If you are familiar at all with that area, there is 2 Palm Bay exits (off of I-95). if you take the northern most exit (where Palm Bay Chevrolet is), and head East almost all the way to US-1. On the right hand side (before getting to US-1), you will see it, it is parked next door to a BBQ place at some kind of pump / engine / something shop! I will be up that way tomorrow and if I remember, I will take my digital camera.

Give me a call when you make it that way, maybe we can meet up for lunch.

Wayne

gnewcomm
03-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Wayne -

Any idea whether this outboard 16 is still available? Did you happen to get the FL numbers or name and number of the seller? Please let me know. Thanks.

Greg (561) 309-6431

rustnrot
03-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Gang, how much could the O/B alone go for if you want to sell it after getting the boat? Depends on the year you say, wonder what year it is, the engine that is?? Visions of converting it to v-drive dancing in my head............

onesubdrvr
03-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Sorry fellas, I haven't been up that way lately,

I will be up that way tomorrow, I'll try to stop by and see if it's still there / etc.

Wayne

gnewcomm
03-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks Wayne - if the boat is still there, I would be grateful if you could get the FL numbers or a name and number of the owner. You can call my cell at 561-309-6431.

Greg

digitalMan
03-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Seems like there is at least some interest in the old 16 outboards. I happen to have one I'd be willing to part with.

1973 model, no motor, New set of built-rite uphostery never used. The original color was white with light (carolina) blue stripes, but somebody has painted over them with dark blue that could easily be removed. The uphostery is white with light blue piping.

This is a project boat. A willing buyer with about $3000 might get me to part with it. Located in Baltimore, MD.

Call 410-747-5171 or e-mail brianbalch@mindspring.com. Pictures available on request.

DAULEY
03-12-2005, 09:12 AM
can you post some pixs

Fish boy
03-12-2005, 10:03 AM
boat is sold and coming to florida!

digitalMan
03-13-2005, 08:30 PM
My 16 OB may still be available. Please contact me if you are interested.

410-747-5171
brianbalch@mindspring.com

Cuda
03-13-2005, 08:36 PM
boat is sold and coming to florida!
Which one? Who bought it?

onesubdrvr
04-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Guys, FINALLY am able to post some pictures, remember, this isn't my boat, but you can read the phone# on one of the pics. Area code will be 321.

Wayne

Fish boy
05-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Hey Wayne, thank you very much for posting the pics and phone number. I actually called the second you posted and was on the east coast by yesterday afternoon. I had hoped to post pics of the new addition to our donzi family, but decided not to buy it.

Thanks again, I really appreciate you taking the pics and providing the info.

fish

onesubdrvr
05-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey Wayne, thank you very much for posting the pics and phone number. I actually called the second you posted and was on the east coast by yesterday afternoon. I had hoped to post pics of the new addition to our donzi family, but decided not to buy it.

Thanks again, I really appreciate you taking the pics and providing the info.

fish
No problem,.....in your opinion, what do you thing he'd let it go for,...

What made you pass?

Wayne

Fish boy
05-01-2005, 01:41 PM
No problem,.....in your opinion, what do you thing he'd let it go for,...

What made you pass?

Wayne

check your mail (PM).

fish