PDA

View Full Version : Z33 foredeck access

newz33
11-23-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey Everybody,

I have a 1989 Z33, and it is basically impossible to get on the foredeck without injuring myself or whoever I send up there. Has anybody fabricated a platform or steps to make access easier?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

-Brian

Mr X
11-23-2004, 08:50 PM
On mine I would just go through the deck hatch from the cabin...........

Fish boy
11-23-2004, 10:08 PM
i swim around from the back of the boat to the front and shiummy up the anchor line ;) LOL

not the easiest manuever, but I step form the bolster to dash, over the windshield and on to the deck.

newz33
11-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the help - I really appreciate it.

Cigarette, do you have the same hatches that I do? I'm posting a picture I have that shows the hatches - it's not that clear, but it's the best one I have. I don't think I could fit through those, but I know other boats have different hatches.

Fishboy, that is the technique I am trying to avoid. Have you thought about the possibility of just making the front left section of the windshield removable?

Once I figure this out, I'll post some more pictures.

kk89z33
11-24-2004, 08:39 PM
newz33, I go from the back seat, step up to the outside of the drivers seat. then put my right foot on the cleat and step over the windshield..Easy to do.. The cleat will hold you fine when stepping over to the deck.. I do hold on to the windshield frame on my way...I always go over on the starboard side... Kurt

Craig Lawrence
11-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Kurt, I usually find a dock or beach it, why go up there! allways tie the bowline off amidships that way you can get it easy