PDA

View Full Version : First Donzi

slownsx
11-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Just bought my first Donzi, its a 1994 18 classic 350mag and was wondering what was the best cover for this boat? What are you guys using? Any suggestions? Thanks

ChromeGorilla
11-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Slownsx, while I don't have any input as to a cover for ya, welcome to the boards! Lots of Donzi owners down here in Fl. Hope to see you at some gatherings. Oh yea...lets see some pictures of the new boat!

Sam
11-23-2004, 08:19 PM
I use Sunberla on all my boats, best bang for the buck and some nice colors as well.

Sam

Dr. Dan
11-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Congrats........ I purchased my Cover for my 22 from www.coverquest.com although the back is a bit exposed in this shot....it fits like a glove if I adjust it properly...but you get the idea. This is their Top Of the Line Sunbrella $569 delivered.

Again Congratulations....my cover saves me a ton of detail time and it Tows great.

Doc

Cuda
11-23-2004, 08:52 PM
For my Minx, I had this one custom made from Sunbrella. $850.

Fish boy
11-23-2004, 09:58 PM
hey slownsx, welcome to the donzi registry and your forthcoming donzi addiction. Post some pics when you get a chance. There is a shop here in st. pete, just off ofI-275 and 54th avenue north (probably about 45 minutes form lakeland) that does great work. He did cuda's cover above. I cannot think of the name, but he did cuda's, donzigo's, and donzigoJr's. He is doing one for me right now. Worth a few extra dollars to get one custom made for your boat.

Hopefully one of the aforementioned will chime in with the name, or it will come to me and I will come back and post it.

BTW, keep your eyes out for posts that say SEADOGS (south east donzi owners group). THere are a lot of donzi's in this area, and we get together from time to time on the local waters.

see ya,
fish

Cuda
11-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Let's see.............Tim has made me three full covers, two cockpit covers, a seat, and a bimini.

Fish boy
11-24-2004, 06:53 AM
here is the name I was trying to remeber with contact info:

Tim @
Florida Boat Tops Inc
Address: 5200 Haines Rd N, St Petersburg, FL 33714
Phone: (727) 525-7733

BUIZILLA
11-24-2004, 06:55 AM
The guy who made my full 18 cover has the pattern that he can make it and ship it. It will fit right, that is if it's not stitched inside out :wavey: mine's REAL nice and fits like a tight pair of socks.

JH

Cuda
11-24-2004, 07:05 AM
I see where you had a problem with the board software Cuda, I fixed it for ya :D :D :D

Thanks Scott, I knew I could count on you. :smile:

tmdog
11-24-2004, 07:23 AM
If you want to go the cheap route and have a cover to fit reasonably well , go to Walmart. When I was in the market for a full cover, a member suggested Wally's cover. Can't beat the price.

Surfer
11-24-2004, 07:29 AM
I hate to admit it, the Walmart cover fits perfect, if you pull it tight and cover the drive...Lets see $50 or $850...I swear its a perfect fit, and you can fill the gas tank 32 times for free!

Cuda
11-24-2004, 07:36 AM
I hate to admit it, the Walmart cover fits perfect, if you pull it tight and cover the drive...Lets see $50 or $850...I swear its a perfect fit, and you can fill the gas tank 32 times for free!

Yes, and you can pull a Bayliner with a Kia, but I prefer not to.

Dr. Dan
11-24-2004, 07:47 AM
:smash: Without getting technical, ya get what you pay for! I won't argue the functional economies of scale of a "Value Purchase Cover", but as a cautionary note...the main differences in all covers are the material characteristics themselves. For example Waterproof vs. Lack of Breathability, UV vs Non, Towable on Boat or not Designed for Highway, will my Gel or Paint be affected by these qualities? Etc, Etc, be very careful what you cover your pride and joy with long term...especially in heavy Sun or Humidity!!!

I think a value cover is an excellent idea if you monitor whats going on underneath on a regular basis, and you don't Tow alot. :bighug:

Good Luck in your search....you can also find great values in ski limited catelogs www.skilimited.com , also many of the mainstream Marine supply stores (West Marine, Boat US, Overtons).....

Doc :spongebob

Team Jefe
11-24-2004, 08:01 AM
West Side Upholstery on Brittmoore does a great job....Oh wait that's here in Houston....probably not a big help. :rolleyes:

Well anyway, welcome to the Family.....listen to everyone else who has posted here....it is a who's who list of great Donzi owners...

...Well Maybe not Chrome.....We basically let him hang around cause he has a Hot Wife. :wavey:

Budmann
11-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Uhhh... so whats wrong with a bimini. After a couple days in the scorching sun, mine is a welcome site. Also keeps the ice in my drink from melting as fast. ;) ;) ;)

And as you can see it doesn't seem to bother the top end. Still ahead of Fishboy!!! LOL

Surfer
11-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Yes, and I can pull a Bayliner with a Kia, but I perfer not to.

Yea, and I can pull my 18 with my Escalade and still have 32 more tanks of gas for free.....I don't think the Walmart cover is road worthy, but it is reflective and real waterproof, been on the boat for three years now and doesn't show any sign of wear. I've had cloth / canvas covers, that especially wear at the bow eye, and the cheapy hasn't worn yet!

roadtrip se
11-24-2004, 08:20 AM
on blow boats going 1.5 miles per hour!

On a Donzi? It makes my eyes bleed to look at it.

Make it stop, make it stop!

:embarasse :bawling: :banghead:

Todd
"Owner of an anchor shade to keep my ice cold!"