PDA

View Full Version : Key West Casualties

SHARKEYMARINE
11-23-2004, 03:28 AM
Here is a link to my photo album with some of the boats that had major damages after racing in Key West...

2004 Key West Damages Link (http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=hcyfgti.fq5ggiu&x=0&y=-3c53tz )

Fish boy
11-23-2004, 06:28 AM
great pics sharkey, thanks for sharing. BTW, what happened to the callahan marine boat?

daboys
11-23-2004, 07:24 AM
much damage??? Is this typical of these events??? :cartman:

McGary911
11-23-2004, 01:02 PM
great pics sharkey, thanks for sharing. BTW, what happened to the callahan marine boat?

Yeah, I'm curious about the Callan boat too. I know that it was an older 41' Tencara cat with twin turbine power. Pushing 200mph at 1 point i believe. I know Callan went through it with a fine tooth comb, but wonder if the structure failed from the high speeds\age. It doesn't look like the boat was going that fast for this incident, or i think the results would have been much uglier.

Thanks for the pics Sharkey.....

SHARKEYMARINE
11-23-2004, 02:40 PM
From what I was told they stuffed the sponson in turn two, the offshore leg. From there they kept running and I watched as they came into the harbor that it was running rather low in the water and all of a sudden it submerged like a submarine in slow motion. It came to a stop and somehow floated perfectly level.

Lenny
11-23-2004, 10:16 PM
I believe the Callan Marine boat has two V-12's (Chevy knock-offs) not turbines. They were pulled.

Man, I have never seen that kind of stuff before.

Pics and a post when I recover from this sudden 40 degree drop from my preferred climate. :(

ITTLFLI
11-24-2004, 08:11 AM
Callan runs the former Torque v-12 that Sterling now has rights for. I beleive Sterling and Callan are working together to work the bugs out that Torque was not successful at! :yes:

SHARKEYMARINE
11-25-2004, 03:00 AM
They have a little more than engine problems to worry about now... :(

half shell
11-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the Bacardi silver boat?It was leading ahead of callan marine by a large margin then all of a sudden only the callan boat no bacardi boat.

My observation area was ocean key house so the offshore area was out of view.But wow the boats blasted by only 35 feet away.

Regards Bob