PDA

View Full Version : Dash improvements ??

marcdups
11-22-2004, 07:03 PM
I know some of the crowd here has improved their dash look and guages, I did it on my 16 and I am looking for some new ideas, I know Mr Pearson has done a wonderful job on his, can you post some pics and info on the ones you have done?? Thanks, Towel Boy !!

my 16 can be seen on the registry.

Trueser
11-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Check with George Carter.

He just finished his dash and it looks great.

Trueser

BUIZILLA
11-22-2004, 07:38 PM
I just today started ripping out ALL the old gauges, switches, buttons, lights, gizmo's, wiring, power antenna, panels, steering wheel, more gizmo's, even more switches, on the Critter. I'm replacing virtually everything except the original flasher depth finder. Starting over from scratch. Adding 3 small storage compartments too, two under the rear seat, and one under the shifter/throttle panel.. In a week or so, we'll see just how lucky I really am... :sombrero: :garfield:

JH

marcdups
11-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Some folks just cannot get rid of those flashers,remember that from my rigging days and I still do not have a clue how you can find anything on those things :eek!: , best of luck

BUIZILLA
11-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Some folks just cannot get rid of those flashers,remember that from my rigging days and I still do not have a clue how you can find anything on those things :eek!: , best of luckIt's VERY accurate depth wise, besides there tain't no rod holders, so what should I be looking for that the flasher won't tell me??? :dolphin:
:spongebob

marcdups
11-22-2004, 07:54 PM
which one are you tearing apart ??

gcarter
11-22-2004, 08:03 PM
OK, I wasn't going to post pictures of this for a while yet, but here goes.
The Minx has a long, horizontal dash that always looked kind of, well, ordinary. So I incorporated all the available flat dash area into the panel. Additionally, I had a secondary panel for the trim switches and trim gauge. You have to see a Minx to know where this would go.
The gauges came from a Baja...mid '90's on eBay. The seller's reserve wa 1/2 new retail(whatever that is). They didn't sell, so I offered him $350.00 and he took it.
Yeah, I know, everyone needs a 100 MPH liquid filled speedo and an 8000 RPM tach, but what's a Donzi for? ;)
The panels were made by Ultra Panel Marine in Miami.
The cost including finish, gauge installation, and wiring was $395.00 plus Fl sales tax.
They can do just about any finish imaginable, you just have to ask.

ToonaFish
11-22-2004, 08:21 PM
That's really sweet, George!

Bunches,

Celene 'still looking for the mythical $17 Coach handbag on EBay...'

BUIZILLA
11-22-2004, 08:23 PM
I am using Alex from Ultimate Marine Panels. His brother owns Concept boats, and he does all of those, and Solid Powerboats as well... He had a new triple Verado Fountain, older Chris Stinger OF, my Critter, Scarab 302, 3 flats boats and a Baha in there today. He works by himself, busy guy..
JH

marcdups
11-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Any ph # as they all look good :cistineb:

gcarter
11-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Ultra Panel Marine
6891 NW 73 Ct
Miami FL 33166
305-888-7709
Ask for Ivo Gomis
They do beautiful work, custom or otherwise.
They do Donzi and many other boat mfg.
Only negative is......it will take longer than quoted. :(

gcarter
11-22-2004, 08:41 PM
That's really sweet, George!

Bunches,

Celene 'still looking for the mythical $17 Coach handbag on EBay...'
So have you found any that you like?

Dr. Dan
11-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Nisonger Auto Marine
914-381-3600

Ask for Woody..... New Helm for Blue Venom Project this past Spring. They supplied New Wheel & Hub, all Bezels and gauges with Teal Rims with White Dials...and all necessary Breakers and Wire Harnesses for same.

Doc :bonk:

ToonaFish
11-22-2004, 08:51 PM
I've found gobs of glorious bags, but my competitors sneer at my paltry budget! Still plugging away, though...

(I did manage to nail a couple of Waterford ornaments for the tree, so I'm not too upset... :hyper: )

RedDog
11-22-2004, 09:01 PM
...adding 3 small storage compartments too, two under the rear seat...

ahhhh, under the rear seat? Is that like under the front seat of a regular boat? :rolleyes:

gcarter
11-22-2004, 09:03 PM
I've found gobs of glorious bags, but my competitors sneer at my paltry budget! Still plugging away, though...

(I did manage to nail a couple of Waterford ornaments for the tree, so I'm not too upset... :hyper: )
Persistance, persistance, etc., etc..........

:wavey: