PDA

View Full Version : manifold/riser ?

smokediver
11-22-2004, 04:52 AM
my boat yesterday started to run a little rough yesterday in the lower rpm ranges . kind of making a sucking noise and i felt more vibration than usual . the manifolds/risers are the one piece design and they are 7 years old and have only seen salt water . I noticed in the port side bilge there was some salt water spray . when i was flushing my motor there was a lot of steam coming from the water on that side and the exhaust sound was really different . are these signs that the manifolds and risers need replaced ?

smokediver
11-22-2004, 05:23 AM
Scott , I appreciate the offer but they are all one piece . no seperate riser . thanks though !

knots2u
11-22-2004, 03:48 PM
All one piece? Are they camelbacks? What engine are you running?

CrackerJack
11-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Check for water on your plugs.

MOP
11-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Play it safe pull all the plugs squirt oil in the cylinders and spin it over if you haven't already, cylinders go bad quick they get salt water in them. You will have some mess to clean up but better that than engine work.

Phil

smokediver
11-22-2004, 09:44 PM
thanks for all the help . I found a new pair like the ones I have . I plan on going down tomorrow and putting oil down the cylinders . this is gonna be a pain , but other than a small ignition problem , I have had 7 years of turn key boating .(knocking on wood ! )

smokediver
11-27-2004, 09:14 AM
I obtained the same kind that I had but are the newer ceramic coated kind . All the bolts loosend easily but the suspect side was a little too easy .. Maybe just a blown gasket but I am gonna change them over anyway . Does a blown exhaust make the engine idle a little rough ?

Cuda
11-27-2004, 09:28 AM
It's liable to make it idle real rough, if at all, when water gets in the cylinders. What size engine is it?