PDA

View Full Version : If the season was over now, who do you think should play in the Orange Bowl?

Darrell
11-21-2004, 04:13 PM
What game do you want?

Fish boy
11-21-2004, 05:44 PM
this season may be yet another poster child for why the BCS sucks! I beleive (IMHO) Oklahoma is the best team in the country and could prove it in a playoff system. They may not get a chance to play for the national championship.:(

ToonaFish
11-21-2004, 08:10 PM
this season may be yet another poster child for why the BCS sucks! I beleive (IMHO) Oklahoma is the best team in the country and could prove it in a playoff system. They may not get a chance to play for the national championship.:(

Exactly! (Well, not the part that OK is the best...) Wouldn't adding playoff games create further funds for their already bloated coffers? Why haven't the teams involved in these undefeated seasons screamed for an additional Bowl Game?

Is the BCS computer programed by some Silicone Valley USC alums?

Bunches,

Celene "green, but it ain't with envy"

ToonaFish
11-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Oh, and :happy_bi: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :happy_bi: Darrell!

Looks like Birthday Claus might be bringing you a National Championship!

RedDog
11-21-2004, 08:50 PM
USC is just getting the sympathy vote from last years decision.

Say, you always hear people complaining about the computer polls not lining up with the voting polls. Whose to say the computer polls aren't the accurate ones and the problem is that the voting polls don't line up with the computers?

2biguns
11-22-2004, 09:51 AM
All you Oklahome fans can say a big "Roll Tide" when you face USC in the Orange Bowl. AU slipped back to 3rd after crushing Alabama by 8 points Saturday.

Darrell
11-22-2004, 07:56 PM
Well Thanks Alabama, but with a little more offence, I think you should have beat Auburn. I didn't get to see the second half, but Alabama sure didn't look like they were crushed.

Darrell

2biguns
11-23-2004, 08:24 AM
My tongue was firmly in cheek when I referred to the crushing. Of course, all the AU fans around here are complaining that it was their sloppy play, not our defense holding them to virtually no 1st 1/2 yardage, that caused them to lose.

Of course, when our 3rd string QB played with a separated left shoulder and bruised ribs and we had to play a true frosh 4th string RB because our starter was hurt in the LSU game and our mighty 3rd string 205 lb FB (walkon) had to help out our 3rd string TE (former tackle), it's no wonder we had no offense.

AU's problem is that the Midwest voters know that Alabama is just a shell of a team right now and expected AU to handle us easily. Like you said, with any offense the score could have easily been either 10-0 or 14-0 at the 1/2 and it would have been a whole different game.

Best think is that we get to hear all the Barners complaining about the mighty conspiracy that kept them out of the BSC Championship game. :hyper: