PDA

View Full Version : NEWS FLASH From DONZI MARINE

harbormaster
11-19-2004, 07:52 AM
INTRODUCING THE DONZI/PRO-LINE FACTORY SERVICE CENTER

American Marine Holdings, parent company of Donzi Marine and Pro-Line Boats, is pleased to announce the opening of our Factory Service Center in Sarasota, Florida.

The Donzi/Pro-Line Factory Service Center allows you to take advantage of unmatched resources no one but the manufacturer can offer. From factory-trained personnel to OEM tools and materials, why trust your boat, engine(s) and major components to anyone else?

We are equipped to handle virtually any task on-site. From simple needs such as a basic “fluff and buff”, all the way to substantial design modifications, you can count on the Donzi/Pro-Line Factory Service Center to handle your repairs efficiently, and most importantly to get the job done right!

Below is a list of basic services we provide. If you need something “above and beyond”, just ask!

Engine services:
• Major & minor engine repairs
• Power head/lower unit repairs
• Winterize/summerize
• Tune-ups/oil changes
• Scheduled manufacturer maintenance
• Engine refits

Boat services:
• Electrical system repair/refit
• Livewell/baitwell systems
• Water/head systems
• Steering systems
• Fiberglass/gel repairs
• Transom repairs
• Prop repair/replacement
• Paint jobs/touch-ups/custom graphics
• Upholstery/carpet/canvas work
• Gauge/panel repair/replacement
• Outriggers/t-tops
• Fluff & buff detailing

Miscellaneous:
• Driver training
• Routine maintenance packages

We also have a Ships Store offering day-to-day items such as bilge pumps, dock lines, and other accessories. Additionally, the Ships Store will be an authorized stocking outlet for Donzi and Pro-Line apparel items.

We are open for business and accepting boat service jobs immediately (with engines to follow shortly). For more information contact Jim Martin at 941-727-0622, or
martin@donzimail.net.

ChromeGorilla
11-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Gues I need to move to 'Sota now. Sweet.

Speed-Racer
11-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Never thought I'd see the day...let's hope it works out!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Well I will say this, my last boat ('01 26ZX) went to the factory for some cosmetic fairing issues, at pick up it was like a brand new boat! (Thanks Tony V)

I will certainly keep this in mind, we have a friends house in the Keys this winter, maybe we will stop in.

Bryan Tuvell
2003 33ZX

boldts
12-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Way cool idea. I could spend a ton on the over & above section.

Like that design and install of a Crit II deck on a 22 Classic hull! :biggrin.:

Fish boy
12-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Sweet!!

anyone coming down this way, make sure you drop a line to the seadogs. There are a lot of us in the area.

fish

Fish boy
12-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Tried sending an email to request information and got this:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

martin@donzimail.net
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<martin@donzimail.net>:
host mail.donzimail.net [64.200.9.129]: 550 Requested action not taken:
mailbox unavailable

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
------ The body of the message is 5631986 characters long; only the first
------ 102400 or so are included here.

Tried to include pics, maybe they were too large to make it through, not sure.

fish

DONZI MANUFACTURING
12-07-2004, 05:07 AM
My correct e-mail address is jmartin@donzimail.net This may change in the future but for now this should work

Jim Martin

Mr X
01-15-2005, 01:13 AM
So whats the latest on this post??
I have several friends that want to take there Donzi's there
for work..........is this service up and running??? :confused:

catch 22
01-15-2005, 06:40 PM
The last I heard was when I talked to Mark Bonafide at the Offshore races in Key West and he said more than likely Feb. or March. :wavey:

harbormaster
01-15-2005, 08:08 PM
According to Jiim Martin of Donzi Marine:

"We are open for business and accepting boat service jobs immediately (with engines to follow shortly). For more information contact Jim Martin at 941-727-0622, or
martin@donzimail.net."

The Hedgehog
01-17-2005, 01:00 PM
I talked to them a few times and thought that we were getting something together. I have been trying to get the last of my details ironed out and have not heard anything back from them for the last two weeks. I have left multiple messages and two e-mails.

Fish boy
02-02-2005, 09:48 AM
tried emailing Mr. Martin again, still no luck at either email address. :confused: Maybe they are still trying to get this off the ground.

jmartin@donzimail.net:

jmartin@donzimail.net
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<jmartin@donzimail.net>:
mailbox unavailable

martin@donzimail.net:

martin@donzimail.net
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<martin@donzimail.net>:
mailbox unavailable

Donzigo
02-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey, how hard is it to "get this thing off the ground"? You accept the boats, and do the work. My take is that they aren't sure yet..........if it doesn't look like it's going to make them money, Mr. Kimmel will re-think it, like any good businessman.

Fish boy
02-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey, how hard is it to "get this thing off the ground"? You accept the boats, and do the work. My take is that they aren't sure yet..........if it doesn't look like it's going to make them money, Mr. Kimmel will re-think it, like any good businessman.

Dunno what is happening, but I was down in the area last week and saw a lot of boats there that looked like they were there for warranty (not new and in a seperate plant), so I figured maybe it was up and running. maybe not...

Even though email did not work, I tried calling donzi today. After about a dozen rings and no answer in the middle of the day, I gave up on that idea too. Should have asked while I was down there, but did not think of it.

Mr X
02-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Jim Martin is no longer working at Donzi

Fish boy
02-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Jim Martin is no longer working at Donzi

Thanks ted, I guess I will just keep trying to reach someone by phone.

fish

gold-n-rod
02-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Dunno what is happening, but I was down in the area last week and saw a lot of boats there that looked like they were there for warranty (not new and in a seperate plant), so I figured maybe it was up and running. maybe not...

I doubt that boats come back to Donzi for warranty work. Likely, it's the new venture, but with the guy who announced the venture out of the picture, it's a head scratcher.

And what's with the phone going unanswered during the day? isn't that a business no-no?? :bonk:

Fish boy
02-03-2005, 10:31 AM
I doubt that boats come back to Donzi for warranty work. Likely, it's the new venture, but with the guy who announced the venture out of the picture, it's a head scratcher.

And what's with the phone going unanswered during the day? isn't that a business no-no?? :bonk:

They were donzi's, it was the new plant, and they were not new boats (showed some wear and tear). new venture stuff is at the other plant. Can't say for sure that they were getting warranty work, but could not think of any other reason for them being there.

As for the phone, I agree, that is a business no-no.

Last Tango
02-03-2005, 11:40 AM
"Jim Martin is no longer working at Donzi"

Goodness! People come and go so quickly around here! Toto, it looks like we ARE in Kansas.

Donzi Blackhawk
02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm still alive! You don't post for a while and everyone thinks you're gone. :shocking: Ten years at Donzi and still in Engineering...I think this could be a record! Oh well, If anyone needs, I can be reached at (941) 727-0622 ext.229 I will try to help anyone out with their questions.

Thanks, Bryant (keeper of warm weather) :biggrin: