PDA

View Full Version : Palatka Update

Cuda
11-13-2004, 12:53 PM
We all launched this morning. We made a few Kamakazi runs in the Formula while we were waiting for Cliff to get the 16 going (dead battery). He gave up and put it on the trailer and rode with Buizilla. I tried to start the Formula, and the starboard engine wouldn't turn. Bad starter. I knew I had a new starter at home, so that's where we are now. We're going back to change the starter. I'm going to go ahead and pull the Minx up there too. I'll have Deb follow in her truck to pull the Minx back. I hope I don't end up with two broke boats up there! :)

Fishboy got his new ride running and made a few passes, but he was going to the trailer the same time we were. He thinks he has a fuel pump diaphram problem. He was going to try to fix it.

We are headed back up now, hopefully, we'll have the Formula running and head up to meet the group coming back.

Ciao.

gcarter
11-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Well we had a good time with an interesting collection of (mostly) Donzi's! The only ones that DIDN'T make it (except for Cliffs dead battery) were the non Donzis. :biggrin: A cold front was coming through (that means a drop in temp to 70 and the chance of some rain) so that it was a little rough, so Cliff was probably glad his 16 didn't start. We went to a Hooter's, oh well, had a nice trip there, maybe 40-50 miles.
It was a little windier and rougher on the way back. :checkered
Here's a few pics;

ToonaFish
11-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Thank You so much, George, for posting these!!!

(Based on the Dawg's, er, performance, I would have been far better served in the middle of the St. Johns with no radio communications.)

Glad to hear that minimal tow line has been sacrificed to the boating gods. :boat:

Bunches,

Celene 'Auburn had better become the National Champs...'

David O
11-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Thank You so much, George, for posting these!!!

(Based on the Dawg's, er, performance, I would have been far better served in the middle of the St. Johns with no radio communications.)

So how was your dates performance, care to comment?

Or was he the minimal tow line that was sacrificed?

Cuda
11-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Phil with our welcoming sign. :)

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Friday night.

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:15 PM
More from Friday night.

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Sunrise Saturday.

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Budman was prophetic when he said Friday night that Fishboy would be the last one there, and the first one up, and slinging wrenches on his boat to get it ready. :cistineb:

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Boats in the lot.

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Budman packs enough gear to run away from home! :biggrin:

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:23 PM
At the ramp.

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Milling.

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Debbie putting the new starter in the 302.

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Madpoodle was delayed coming, and got here just in time for dinner Saturday night. It's too bad he made such a long trip, and didn't get a chance to boat.

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:37 PM
When we went home to get the starter for the Formula, I brought the Minx back and Deb followed in her truck. So we had two boats there, and nasty weather. It wasn't a total loss bringing the Minx. I had Buizilla listen to my engine in the Minx and do some diagnotics. :)

Cuda
11-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Perfect weather today...............if you were duck hunting. :(

CrackerJack
11-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Chrome Gorilla & Speed Racer (turn up the volume)
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/411racer_gorilla.mpg
Sweet 22
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/411sweet.mpg
Ronya & Someguy, plus Budman's 22 heading to lunch.
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/411ronya_someguy.mpg

CrackerJack
11-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Cuda & his Mechanic.
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/411cuda_mechanic.mpg

Mr X
11-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Nice Videos Jack!
Too bad the weather was not at its best.

Last Tango
11-14-2004, 07:41 PM
In all the excitement, nobody has mentioned that we had a guest appearance from Big Pimpin' this weekend. I took a couple shots of his radical wheels and 'Poodle is gonna post 'em for me later on.
BP has (of course) a Hummer. Wait 'til you see this thing! It has been lifted a wee bit and has the new 28" diameter wheels from DUB! And he had the SAME wheels on his BOAT TRAILER. First time I EVER saw a trailer hitch with an 18" DROP! Respect! And did he ever bring the Babe's! Decked out two deep on each arm. Almost as wild as the Bling Thing around his neck. About 60,000 carats of Cubic Zirconium - on his BOOTS!
That eye patch he wears is actually a flat screen DVD! so he can catch some flicks while he workin' the chicks! Down on it all!
And he had Fishboy all tongue-tied when Fishy turned up the tunes in his STV and BP did a karaoke thing through a microphone hooked to the WoWWzer speakers in the back of the Hummer.
Palatka will never be the same!

Last Tango
11-14-2004, 07:54 PM
On another note:
THANKS to Budmann for buying the round of Fuzzy Nipples on Friday night! I don't know the difference between a Fuzzy Navel and Fuzzy Nipple, but it sure was delicious.
The SEADOGS plan to return to Palatka in the Spring. Watch this space for more info.
Thanks to MadPoodle for driving all the way up Saturday night and then unfortunately not getting a boat ride because it drizzled out on Sunday.
Thanks to the Orlando SEADOGS for the great pix posted here!
My boat ran absolutely perfectly from Palatka to Jacksonville. Then, after lunch, it was missing very badly, so I limped to my marina just around the corner from Hooters and they put it away to have a look at it on Monday. But then I missed the rough ride back to Palatka. Nancy picked me up at the marina a couple minutes after I called her and we drove back down to Palatka to rejoin the festivities.
Man we had a great time! Yeah we missed the chance to run on Sunday because it was just a bit too drizzly, but we still filled the parking lot at the hotel with boat noise until almost noon on Sunday. Anyone who thinks they were better off staying home, is WRONG.
Next major SEADOG event is the Miami Boat Show. See you all there! And bring your boats, 'cause MadPoodle is planning some runs to the Keys!

Speed-Racer
11-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Fishyboy that's a bad STD.... :jestera:

ChromeGorilla
11-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Lmao!

ChromeGorilla
11-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Finally got the video to play on my POS computer. Jack, those we're awsome. The one labled sweet is my favorite :rlol: Great job onall of them. Cuda 302 sounds like a beast. Hope you enjoyed the ride back from Jax. Thank you to brandon and yourself for great pics and video!

Cuda
11-14-2004, 10:17 PM
In that video, I had Debbie checking to see if the port engine was running, I can't tell by listening, and the tach shows 1000 rpm when the engine is off. As you can see, it was only running on one.

Fish boy
11-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Fishyboy that's a bad STD.... :jestera:

LMAO Brandon!!!! :jestera: :biggrin:

Fish boy
11-15-2004, 08:42 AM
ok, here are a few pics... more to come.

Fish boy
11-15-2004, 08:45 AM
How do they get their donzi girls to do that????

Fish boy
11-15-2004, 08:47 AM
more pics... Buizilla university in session :biggrin.:

Fish boy
11-15-2004, 08:53 AM
a few of the S&F boats that were on the rive this weekend too...

mattyboy
11-15-2004, 10:18 AM
great pics and vids thanks :yes:

but Poodle and Buiz couldn't put Cliffs boat on a charger after they used it?? :tongue: ;)
and you sunshine boys from the land of eternal boating seems between the weather and your boats you didn't do much boating this year :tongue: look Di's boat was running great last I saw it , leave it down in "paradise" for a month and it stops running must be in the air or something
hey i woulda borrowed a battery from cuda he seems from the vid he was only using one ;)

I'll take a 6 month boating season and a boat that runs for the same 6 months anyday ;)

hope all had a good time and a safe trip :) and the problems are only minor

Cuda
11-15-2004, 02:11 PM
I was hoping someone got a roostertail pic for me. :(

CrackerJack
11-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Must have missed this shot when I first looked at the camera memory........hope you like it. :jestera: :jestera:

ChromeGorilla
11-15-2004, 03:18 PM
:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Cuda
11-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks Jack, it looks like the Tasmanian Devil is on my transom! :D

DONZI
11-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Perfect weather today...............if you were duck hunting. :(
It's great to see you guys still boating.Jack Frost whacked us with 7" of snow and 20 deg. weather this past wk. end. :frown: Boy Cliff, You do make the rounds. :yes:

Fish boy
11-15-2004, 06:18 PM
great pics and vids thanks :yes:

but Poodle and Buiz couldn't put Cliffs boat on a charger after they used it?? :tongue: ;)
and you sunshine boys from the land of eternal boating seems between the weather and your boats you didn't do much boating this year :tongue: look Di's boat was running great last I saw it , leave it down in "paradise" for a month and it stops running must be in the air or something
hey i woulda borrowed a battery from cuda he seems from the vid he was only using one ;)

I'll take a 6 month boating season and a boat that runs for the same 6 months anyday ;)

hope all had a good time and a safe trip :) and the problems are only minor

Only one was down for the count (tango's). Cuda's and mine were back in action after a few minor adjustments, and cliff and Di's was just a charge away and ready for the next day.

Saturday was beautiful, and we could have boated sunday, but one of the nice things about living here, is that we can boat each and every day of the year. If it is not perfect, tomorrow will be. Enjoy your 6 month boating season, you can always look at the pictures of our boating season during the other 6 months. Ha! :D :D :D

ToonaFish
11-15-2004, 07:41 PM
So how was your dates performance, care to comment?

Or was he the minimal tow line that was sacrificed?

Er, he's a lawyer, so needless to say he's familiar with briefs...

pmreed
11-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Here are a few more shots of the group. In the first, Budman, with able help from Cuda, is giving directions to his brother Fishboy...routing him from Tampa to Palatka through Jacksonville. Next we have the Donzis lined up at Hooter's dock. Then we all relaxed on the deck for lunch. Cool Tidbart and his squeeze Classique posing...sort of. Lastly, a new addition to the Seadogs, George Carter and his spouse Elaine. Hurry up and finish that Minx George :hyper: !!!

Phil

pmreed
11-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Oh, forgot to mention this. I passed Fish's STV with my Donzi 22 Classic.............on I-95 :D :D .

Phil

ToonaFish
11-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Oh, forgot to mention this. I passed Fish's STV with my Donzi 22 Classic.............on I-95 :D :D .

Phil

Was his brother towing it?

pmreed
11-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Toona, :rlol: :rlol: LMAO :rlol: :rlol:

Phil

Fish boy
11-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Well we had a good time with an interesting collection of (mostly) Donzi's! The only ones that DIDN'T make it (except for Cliffs dead battery) were the non Donzis. :biggrin: ;

HUH?????? 4 boats down- 2 donzis and two non-donzis, but the only ones that did not rebound were the donzis. tango/donzi- down for the count after half of the trip. Cliff/donzi- did not run this weekend (although after a few hours near an electric socket, he could have). Cuda was back and ready for the water in less than a hour, and in less than a half hour, I was doing high speed runs on the st. Johns and was the last one in for the evening. Burnt up an entire tank of gas and BTW, raced a float plane and won. THe only fatality was a donzi, the rest were ready to go the next day.

Fish boy
11-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Was his brother towing it?

LMAO! No, but we talked about the possibility before he left palatka. Hehe

Fish boy
11-16-2004, 07:03 AM
All 6 gallons of it?? :D :D :D

hehe, yep, all 6 gallons and I also took a big gulp cup full of gas with me as a reserve tank. LOL :D

Budmann
11-16-2004, 11:10 AM
You guys are killing me!!!!! I was there and didn't laugh this much.
Those pictures don't do the trip justice. We all laughed our A$$$$$$ off! What a great group.
However, I do have to mention that it appears my bro (Fish) is flapping his lips a little to much. With his track record one would think he would take the high road. The fact still remains that he AGAIN was unable to run with the group. He has no witnesses to back up his claim about being in the water and actually running. I also remember him telling Donzi Jodi and I early sunday morning there was no way he was putting his boat in the water.
Donzi Jodi and I had already moved a whole bunch of stuff around to make room for yet another day on the water w/Fish.
So if in fact his STD was running, it would have been unable to enter the water wtih the DONZI'S :outtahere

PS can't find my digital photo loader, so when I find it I will post some pics.

Fish boy
11-16-2004, 11:26 AM
He has no witnesses to back up his claim about being in the water and actually running.

Here is my boat demonstrating what hence forth will be called the "budmann wash" as the sun is going down. also, if you will notice, the boat at the end of the dock at Gator landing... sorry you could not make it bro, but they had a minimum top speed to be able to tie up saturday. LOL

later,

fish

Budmann
11-16-2004, 11:31 AM
LOL... ok the first pic is just before you broke and the second is a typical shot of your boat tied up to the dock.
You are definatly better at tieing up a boat than I am cause you get more pratice. :rlol:
We I take mine off the trailer we just go boating. No tieing or docks for the Donzi

Last Tango
11-16-2004, 11:43 AM
I guess I need to save some face here by defending my boat. My withdrawal was ELECTIVE. The boat was running perfectly fine all the way up to Jaccksonville, and although not at its best on the way back it still managed to run at 50mph cruising speed which was waaaay more than the rough waters would allow the "home on the trailer" STD. The engine started up the first time immediately at Hooters and never died. But it seemed to all of a sudden be missing as if one or two cylinders were not firing. I elected to stop at my HOME MARINA only 10 miles south of our Hooters lunch stop and directly on the way back to Palatka anyway, simply because I knew that was smarter than going the remaining 35 miles with an unknown problem, although the boat seemed plenty ready to do that. Jack jumped aboard with Chrome Gorilla who was along side me and was unaware I was experienceing a "problem" until we got to the marina. I believe the problem is little more than a faulty diagnostic plug which put the motor in "limp home" mode. Not uncommon with a MX.6.2MPI, and since the motor is still under warranty it seemed prudent to put in where I NORMALLY dock and NORMALLY have SERVICE and is only two minuted from my house, rather than run through marginal seas for an hour and then doing the parking lot tech session thing without a diagnostic computer which would pinpoint the error immediately. And "limping home" at 40-50 MPH in 3-4 foot seas is not exactly "down for the count".
Sitting on the trailer all day Saturday is "down for the count."

And in some defense of Bertram Boy and Donzi Di, they made a gallant effort to fire up their boat. The battery was not the issue, but rather a victim of the events. The battery was fine until it was run down trying to start the motor. I provided an electric charger/starter at the dock and the battery responded fine. The problem was getting the carb to flow some fuel after sitting for a couple months. Back in the parking lot, and after a nice hour or so of charging, their engine fired up after a long start and some fuel to the carb. BB and DD were quite satisfied to be passengers in the 22 on their way back from Jax as the seas would have been largely unpleasant in a 16.

The STD was fine for an hour or so Saturday morning, but developed its problem will we waited for BB to see if he could get his 16 running. Then the Formula exterienced a failure from the port starter from starting and stopping fequently as he waited for BB, but had already been running just fine before that.

Fortunately, ALL of us had our problems within close proximity to the dock or home port. No tow ropes were deployed during the weekend.
And we ALL had an awesome time and plan to do it again in a few months.

Fish boy
11-16-2004, 11:44 AM
LOL... ok the first pic is just before you broke and the second is a typical shot of your boat tied up to the dock.

err... the sun is going down in the first pic. you guys were already on the trailers sipping a nice glass of milk and getting ready for nappy time- no break, unless you are talking about speed limits.

Fish boy
11-16-2004, 12:02 PM
... the "home on the trailer" STD. ...Sitting on the trailer all day Saturday is "down for the count."

uhhh. have you read any other posts above? seen any pics above? notice my trailer empty at the ramp when you got a ride back there? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :boggled:

Sorry for jumping to conclusions earlier, I just assumed when you said you left your boat with your mechanic at your marina that you would not be boating for the rest of the weekend. my bad.

Budmann
11-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Yea, excellent job with Photo Shop on that sunset add LMAO!!! :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Team Jefe
11-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Man, this is a rough crowd...especially if you have to have Buddy be the voice of reason.

I mean really, Dis'ing Cliff and Di cause Buz & Poodle wore out the 16....that just ain't right.

Actually, I think Fish is still miffed cause Big Pimpin' showed him up ! :rlol:

Fish boy
11-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Man, this is a rough crowd...especially if you have to have Buddy be the voice of reason.

I mean really, Dis'ing Cliff and Di cause Buz & Poodle wore out the 16....that just ain't right.

Actually, I think Fish is still miffed cause Big Pimpin' showed him up ! :rlol:

I am sorry if my previous post came across as a diss to cliff and diane, I really did not mean it that way. Their boat is awesome and they definitely could have gotten it started but decided to hop in other boats.

Only one was down for the count (tango's). Cuda's and mine were back in action after a few minor adjustments, and cliff and Di's was just a charge away and ready for the next day.

As for BP, I never got to see him, although I would have liked to. must have been back at the hotel while I was still boating. :smile:

Budmann
11-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Yea me too. Come to think of it nobody saw Big Pimpin but LT. :rolleyes:
Hmmmmmmmm... maybe the reason LT is the only one to have ever met Big Pimpin is because LT is BIG PIMPIN! :cool:

as for Cliff and Di I'm glad their boat wouldn't start cause Jodi and I got to take her back with us and we had a GREAT time laughing and drinking Mudslides. oops... sorry Rayna. :biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
11-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Ooooo this is good....sibling rivalry...here is some more fuel for the fire. While holdin the STV for Fishboy while parked his truck I must admit I witnessed Budman trying to launch his 22 while still attached to the trailer....just give it a little more throttle next time she'll go..... :jestera: :jestera: :jestera:

ChromeGorilla
11-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Mark, great synopsis. I wanted to thank you also for spending time to organize this and bring us all together for a good time. I had a great time. thank you and everyone else who attended. I had a great time talkin with everyone. It's a shame we all don't live close so as to boat together all summer. But then again I don't think Budman wants to do that much towin..... :rlol:

Budmann
11-16-2004, 01:40 PM
C.G... you #@$$%$! I don't know what your talking about. :cartman: I've never tried to take my trailer with me. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

You tell that wife of yours, her husband is wrong in sooo many ways. Don't you forget anything. :cool: :cool:

ChromeGorilla
11-16-2004, 01:48 PM
LMAO.....thanks for remindin me...my anniversary is in a few weeks, whew that was close!....

Budmann
11-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Oh.... looky what I found!

BUIZILLA
11-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Just to be clear here.... BB and Di rode with me to Hooter's at a leisurely pace of 3400 @ 40.3 mph, funny how we ALL got there at the same time.. :rlol: :wink:

and, BB rode back with me in those rough sea's at the same 3400 pace :garfield: :bonk: BB makes for some awesome ballast :sombrero:

FB, let's be honest here dude, the Gator's dock is barely a mile from the ramp, you probably paddled there, the roostertail pic is of you trying to get back on your trailer.. :smile:

JH

ChromeGorilla
11-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Man,he sure does look beat down. Like someone pee'd in his wheaties and ran over his dog. I just realized why he didnt run north with us and decided to go south.......St. Johns river flows north. Motor lasts half hour and dies.... he just floats back....LMAO

ChromeGorilla
11-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Buizilla......do we count the 5 mins I stopped at the Shands bridge and the 5 mins i stopped at the Buckman bridge waitin for everyone? :wink: Just playin. I've never had so much fun on such a cloudy day. It was a blast. Despite conditions everyone ran pretty strong on the way back I was impressed. Some had a little bit smoother ride.

Budmann
11-16-2004, 02:12 PM
What... no fish reply??? Must be puttin a fuel pump in or somethin :wink: :wink: :embarasse :embarasse

Team Jefe
11-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Holy Moly - Now Fishy is in the gunsites.

Talk about Photo Shop Buddy......What I see in that pic is FB on his STD, cover off TURNING DOWN the idle setting so that bad boy would just run off from everyone else

Buzilla & Chrome - Y'all are so wrong I can't even begin !

LT and BP are one in the same huh? well that explain's alot. :yes:

Budmann
11-16-2004, 02:59 PM
O.K. enough picking on Fish, here are some pics from the trip.
Hope all enjoy...

Last Tango
11-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Well, I would LOVE to be able to jive talk like Big Pimpin' but I have lead a life of literature, and, alas, I can only dream of being able to converse in such a diverse linguistic cornucopia. RESPECT, BP!
And another BIG THANKS to Big Pimpin' for running to the marine store for Fishboy on Saturday and picking up that fuel pump diaphragm so FB could hit the water before we returned...and also for towin' FB over the the Gator Landing dock so he could raft off those other pickle fork sewing machines in time for recording lasting memories. Wish I could have seen the look on the counter man's face when BP walked in the door with his entourage on his arms and asked for a large diaphragm! Can you IMAGINE what must have been on that guys mind when BP's slammed and DUB PINK Hummer pulled up to the front door! :uzi: Probably rattled the whole building with those speakers, too!

Cuda
11-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Alrighty now! This thread is finally taking on some life. For a while, I thought it was some knitting club or something. You gots to have some trash talking. I thought I had been running with a bunch of enuchs! :eek: :biggrin.: We need to be enveloped in a testosterone haze to enjoy ourselves. :biggrin.:

Cuda
11-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Here is my boat demonstrating what hence forth will be called the "budmann wash" as the sun is going down. also, if you will notice, the boat at the end of the dock at Gator landing... sorry you could not make it bro, but they had a minimum top speed to be able to tie up saturday. LOL

later,

fish

Fish, I'd back away from trashing Bud too much. He might leave his "Jody" box at home from now on! :eek:

Cuda
11-16-2004, 05:38 PM
All joking aside, even though Debbie and I didn't get to do a helluva lot of boating, we had a great time. I couldn't imagine a better bunch of folks to hang around with.

Cuda
11-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Oh, I also think we could give Donzi Di some fiberglass, and Deb some engine parts and we could pick up a new boat in a few weeks. :)

Fish boy
11-17-2004, 07:53 AM
maybe the reason LT is the only one to have ever met Big Pimpin is because LT is BIG PIMPIN! :cool:

guess that explains why the hummer was pink LOL:jestera:

ya'll keep talking... don't worry, next time I will disconnect all but one spark plug, that way we can run the same speed and you guys won't have to feel soooo threatened by a faster boat. :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :rlol:

Fish boy
11-17-2004, 08:11 AM
I have yet to feel threatened by one of your boats.. For more than oh, say 10 minutes at a time... :D :D :D
:smash:

LMAO!! Of course you know I could be over the horizon and gone from sight in 10 minutes... :cool!: ;)

Cuda
11-17-2004, 08:48 AM
Poor Fishboy is the Rodney Dangerfield of Donzi. :cartman:

Donzi Di
11-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Oh my god... away for a couple of days driving home and look what happens!!!! Boy that was alot of reading and lots of laughing...

Anyways, Cliff and I had a great time... Seeing everyone was wonderful. We had a bit of hard luck on Saturday with the boat, got it running for Sunday and then ran into hard luck with the weather. Oh well... next year.

Thanks to Jim and Scott for letting us leave the boat and truck in their possession for the month. I don't wanna know what they did with the truck during the month :rlol: :rlol: but we got it back looking better than before.

Thanks to Jim for letting us ride with him on Saturday. We had a nice leisurely ride to lunch. On the way back, Cliff had a blast with the wake jumping.

Thanks to Bud and Jodi for the ride back from lunch. I'll tell you, a girl couldn't ask for better pampering... a blanket, a pillow for the leg, a mudslide and, best of all, the company. You guys had me in stitches.

Thanks again to everyone. We will definitely have to do this one again next year.

Oh - by the way... Cuda - at this point, I can do fiberglassing in my sleep... Just as Debbie can do the mechanical work in her sleep.... Between the two of us, putting a boat together should be a snap...lol

Last Tango
11-18-2004, 09:38 AM
I figured out why the 16 wouldn't fire Saturday morning. No fuel in the carb bowls because we had only JUST removed the NOS bottles minutes before Cliff and Di arrived and didn't have time to reprime the carb.

Fish is absolutely right about the 10 minutes thing. It only takes us about 10 minutes to be far over the horizon while he floats around with the engine cover off.

Fish boy
11-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Fish is absolutely right about the 10 minutes thing. It only takes us about 10 minutes to be far over the horizon while he floats around with the engine cover off.

haha, you sure talk a lotta smack for a guy who had to leave his boat at the mechanics in jacksonville while the rest of us were enjoying our running boats. Doh! :biggrin.:

Last Tango
11-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Fishy,
Respect! Ya hurd.

Cuda
11-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Fish, when I saw you with the cowling off, I warned Buddy not to look at you. :wink: