PDA

View Full Version : running in cold water

gero1
11-13-2004, 12:35 PM
wondering if running in cold water will hurt anything, about 57 today and water temp is in 40-50 degree range, very low humitiy. have heard that a boat will go a little faster in cold water????? looking to break 80, have new gps, boat is on the hose and warming up as i write this, let me know asap before i go break somethig. will check back in 30 minuts

Mr X
11-13-2004, 01:08 PM
wondering if running in cold water will hurt anything, about 57 today and water temp is in 40-50 degree range, very low humitiy. have heard that a boat will go a little faster in cold water????? looking to break 80, have new gps, boat is on the hose and warming up as i write this, let me know asap before i go break somethig. will check back in 30 minuts]
Wont hurt a thing.....as long as your not supercharged
with a carburator.
Go for it!

Lenny
11-13-2004, 01:24 PM
I have been running in "cold" water now for about 36 years. 42Fwinter-44Fsummer. I have never hurt anything other than what I should have in the first place ;) It had nothing to do with the water temp.

boxy
11-13-2004, 09:20 PM
wondering if running in cold water will hurt anything, about 57 today and water temp is in 40-50 degree range, very low humitiy. have heard that a boat will go a little faster in cold water????? looking to break 80, have new gps, boat is on the hose and warming up as i write this, let me know asap before i go break somethig. will check back in 30 minuts

How cold has it been in Tennessee to get the water down to 40 F. I bet if you drop a thermometer in to it you might find it's closer to 60 F.