PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

harbormaster
11-11-2004, 10:14 AM
I was listening to the Arlington National Cemetery ceremony on Fox news this morning.

I have been to DC twice. Two things will always be in my mind.

First was standing watching the guards at the Tomb of the Unknowns. There were hundreds of people standing there watching making no sound at all. It was very humbling.

Secondly was the Viet Nam War Memorial. My wife and I were totally choked up by this Memorial. You can feel the sadness in the air around it. Too many people who died too soon.

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who serves/served in our nations armed forces. You are appreciated.

Walt. H.
11-12-2004, 01:15 AM
:flag-navy :flag-mari
I'm glad you made mention of this, I always make it a point to thank a Veteran on this day. Not so much for me but to bring a smile to someone's face just by telling them your greatful for what they gave is appriciated, really makes a difference.

Walt :wavey:

Fish boy
11-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Thank you.

ChromeGorilla
11-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Thank you for the thank you's everyone. :flag-navy

Team Jefe
11-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Another Big Thanks from me.

I've been fortunate enough to be involved with laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns....that was over 20 years ago and I still get goosebumps when I think about it. The most humbing expereince of my life. And the guards...talk about one squared away crew.

You Warriors drew a line in the sand, kept the faith and fought the forces of evil for the good ole US of A. There is nothing better a person can do for his fellow man.

Gulfbum
11-12-2004, 11:51 AM
I was in the not so popular one and I was proud to serve my country even if I never recieved any thanks.
Thanks to you all for making me feel better.

Frank