PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Pre Season Planning!

Dr. Dan
11-07-2004, 07:28 AM
:spongebob I know it's very early to discuss this but I thought I would stir it up to get the minds turning.....but do we have months and dates for the "Main Events for 2005" ...

I am looking for AOTH at Lake Cumberland, Spring Classic DustOff in Lake George, 1000 Islands Alexandria Bay (July 15,16,17), Lake Winnie Poker Run(July 30th), Lake George Fall Picnic....and any others...I am not including Jacksons Poker Run in August....

Not only do I wanna plan my own Vacations/Events... but I may want to encourage some Donzis to come to the Mid Atlantic for our own run....or we may select another area for a venue, Like Smith Mtn Lake or whatever....so I am just in the planning phases and I need dates for the above Events if you guys have a handle on them?

Also ...let me know your thoughts for timing..... I am thinking later in the Season(August/September) only to not conflict with alot of our regular Events....what are your thoughts?

Let Me Know

Doc :beer:

mattyboy
11-07-2004, 08:19 PM
D,
I'm planning on towing to 1k isles, then maybe leaving rig north till Winni.. Atlantic Coast the weekend after that might be very doable... :D :D :D
Poodle the way you and Jim are beating on on Cliff's truck and Di's 16 like a red headed rented step mule the lodging up north might not be too hospitable ;) :tongue:
but i'll keep an eye on it for ya :eek: :yes: :)

BUIZILLA
11-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Cliff's truck is just ducky... we took it to the Auto Show at the Beach Convention Center today and joined the geek's doing burnouts in the Lincoln Road Parking Garage...now THAT was cool. Filled all the elevators with smoke purty darn quick like.

JH :p :

boldts
11-08-2004, 09:29 AM
Ahhhh yes. Thanks DOC for the reminder. It's time to get AOTH V into the planning stage. It'll be end of May or first weekend of June depending on which weekend the holiday falls on this year.

Those Donzi owners who own a Minx, get em ready as I've almost decided that the Minx will be our feature Donzi this year. There has been a beautiful red and cream one at the gathering the last couple years from I believe the Chicago area. Bruzilla, you know I'd love to see yours in person and Cuda, this gives you a reason to come a bit North and enjoy some fresh water and beatiful country with Debbie.

Of course, just because you don't own a Minx, don't consider yourself not invited. There is no better time than when we get 50 or 60 Donzi boats together in one place for a long weekend. If you haven't attended a Donzi gathering, there is nothing better in the boating world. Wonderful people who don't care what type of boat you have. They enjoy having a nice relaxing time and meeting old and new friends again.

Dates and traditional shirt design to come very soon.

BERTRAM BOY
11-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Jim,
I don't care what you do with the truck, just so long as you get the smell of that Rastafarian out of my cab!!!!!!!!!!!

BUIZILLA
11-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Cliffie, relax and chill out, Rasta isn't in the cab, he's sleeping everynight in the truck bed, he likes your bed cover... :biggrin.: :tongue:

boxy
11-11-2004, 06:21 AM
Doc has the dates right for The Sound of Thunder 2005 1000 Islands Donzi Run, and for any of you guys who want to tow to the Islands then tow to Winni, it would only be about a 5.5 hour tow if you run through Canada.

roadtrip se
11-11-2004, 07:22 AM
AOTH and Sound of Thunder are the two that we don't miss.

Scott Boldt, Memorial Day 2005 is 5/30.

Now, what about Lake George?

Boxy, you get a minute, give me that Canadian route to Winni.
I'd like to take a look at it.

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new trailer, so we might as well try to wear it out in the first season!

Todd
"What a bore in the winter of 04, ready to come alive and drive in the summer of 05!"

Dr. Dan
11-11-2004, 09:39 PM
:beer: Lake George Dustoff is always Fathers Day weekend! So check your calenders, it is June 17th,18th & 19th in 2005!

Fall picnic is the weekend following Labor Day! So it looks like the 9th,10th and 11th of September.

:yes: If you have yet to attend a Lake George Event...it is a Lake designed for Donzi Running!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Todd ya need to make the DustOff this year!

Doc :spongebob

Jerry Eisele
11-13-2004, 06:19 AM
Roadtrip, What about Lake St. Clair? That was a good time!!! We are in for AOTH, St.Clair and thinking about 1000 Islands. :cool:

Dr. Dan
11-14-2004, 06:41 PM
:smash: Well....I thought I would plant a small seed with you silly MidWest Donzi Types.....Brad and I just got back from a weekend together at Dwights....and Brad and I are going to make a Trip to Michigan next Summer...likely in August due to the Event schedule...but it would be West Side...Grand Haven and the like.....he grew up over there.....and I am originally from Michigan, and used to regularly go to the Dunes to dream....I will let ya know more details as they develop, this will be a casual gathering...at best...not some "Agendized Scheduled Event"...get there ....Splash the Boat, Eat & Drink. rinse & repeat....little Scotch & Cigars....do it again and Getter Done!!!! :smash:

All I can tell ya, is it will likely be in August....if ya think you can stomach hooking up with some Rookies! Then follow this thread....all are welcome, details to be determined!

Doc :party:

roadtrip se
11-14-2004, 09:39 PM
Dan and I have been talking about this traveling, wandering thing for awhile.

Put together something a little more casual...
Maybe even a little Charlevoix or some Torch Lake action.

If somebody local wants to take up the MADCOW banner for St Clair, I'll be happy to help out, but as a rookie here I'd like to branch out and see some more of this place!

August sounds good to me. Better weather possibities up north.

Todd
"Have a tow vehicle, hitch, scotch and cigars, maybe a little tequila, soon to be new trailer, and plenty of attitude, so let's go!"

boxy
11-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Trip, I've had a crazy week, I'll try to get you the Winni route early this week.

DonziChick
11-15-2004, 11:57 AM
I'm in! As dad said, definitely for AOTH, I'm trying to talk him into 1000 islands, and we had a great time at St. Clair. And AOTH will be over my birthday weekend this year :) (May 27th)

I'm ready for next summer to start already! :yes:

Edit: Just to double check, we're going down to Cumberland 5/30 this year? (I need to do some planning and would like to just make sure)

tamburello
11-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Sounds like you're gonna be in my neighborhood Doc. Let me know when you'll be in West MI and I'll join ya for a run.

- Jeff

MikeMiller
11-18-2004, 01:24 PM
You know it saddens me that no one has even made a mention of my little get together in Sarasota for their 2005 planning. I guess its gotten in my head that everyone enjoyed that weekend and really looked forward to it, but I guess that was just my wishful thinking. I have been accused of being full of myself and this just proves it. Man I have got to stop thinking that I matter!

Well... that just sucks!

For anyone who cares, here's my schedule for 2005...
Lake Winnie, AOTH, new Donzi dealer in Canada wants me to host and coordinate a rally in the summer (not sure when - north of Toronto), and really trying to get to Lake George Dust Off. If I can't make Lake George then I will definitely try to make the casual Michigan thing!!

Not sure about the Hometown small gathering that I do, seems no one would come this year or even plan on it. Ho-hum. Oh well.

roadtrip se
11-18-2004, 02:57 PM
With all of these events to chose from during prime summer season, those of us who try to get to more than our fair share start pushing the organizers early to commit to dates, so we can avoid a possible collision and end up in a ditch somewhere after attempting to attend three "must-go" events in the middle of July!

Now how is that for a run on sentence!

Your event typically doesn't compete for time or space in our poor, pathetic, three months of prime time, we call summer up here! Everybody can show in October and typically do.

Okay, sensitive guy, stop staring at that belly button, call your Canadian dealer and get him signed up as a sponsor for the Sound Of Thunder at 1000 Islands on 7/14/05. After findng the right facility, this event is set to be the NEXT BIG THING in Donzi gatherings.

And oh, by the way, I will gladly relinquish my role as auctioneer at the next AOTH to the great one!

Love ya man!

Todd

DonziChick
11-18-2004, 03:04 PM
But you make such a good auctioneer!

So whats up with AOTH dates? Memorial day weekend, weekend before or the weekend after? My vote is the weekend before.

Last Tango
11-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Mike,
As Poodle suggested, the 2005 Hometown Gathering is just one of those events we ASSUME. You will also notice, none of those folks mentioned Eufaula or any other SEADOG events such at Miami boat show and Palatka and our secret annual "Oh, you guys here, too?" SEADOGs Gathering each year at the same hotel and on the same weekend as the Donzi dealers annual meeting, just happening to coincide with the new model roll out. These things are just a "given."
These specific special events need no "planning" as they are the events that people hard schedule and then they "plan" whatever else fits into their time and budgets. Those who have mentioned the other events above are just "hoping" that those events will occur. They are, in fact, making a muted plea for those "other" events, or a probing request, to see if someone says that event is or isn't going to happen again this year. Never know for sure when one of those "other" events will actually happen like it did the year before or become a Baja Event. :biggrin:

Dr. Dan
11-18-2004, 07:26 PM
:smash: Mike to quote Steve Martin..."You Gravey Sucking Pig?" Of course we "Hard Schedule the Owners Rally" I agree with Poodle and Todd....due to the fact that the Sarasota Gig is always after our normal boating Seasons.....it is easy to pencil in sometime from Mid September to Mid October....I always have and it is always on my schedule!

:rolleyes: You have obviously hung around Dwight too much....and are being tooooo sensitve, try a Plaid Wool Skirt, and sipping Boat Drinks in the aftermath of an afternoon of Brisk 40 Degree Boating....it'll Stiffen ya up! :jestera:

Last year Geo,Bertram,AirBoy,Digger and I and would normally be Brad...had coordinated our Caravan on the Rally.....it was an awesome Trip.....in spite of Too much Sunny Weather and Good Friends and Food....and great Boating....

What other Event do I drive 1036 Miles each way to attend...at the drop of a hat................for a weekend!!!! :bonk:

Lighten up!

Doc :smash:

MikeMiller
11-19-2004, 07:28 AM
Whoa... I guess my humor has been mis-taken for some sappy, sensitive girly-man thing.

For those of you who know me, you have to know that I know my event rocks and that everyone wants to be there and at least tries to come!! There's nobody better than me, come on! (Except maybe BigPimpin).

RELAX! This is Mikey. The man of steel. A man of great charm and wit. And a man wanted by women around the world. Even if no one came to my rally, it would still be a party just because I was there! :bonk: :wink:

Love you all!

Last Tango
11-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Yeah, we know, Mike. But we were just checking. Just wanted to make sure you knew you were STILL THE BEST!
I sure wish BP would make an appearance in the flesh. He skirted the edges of our Palatka event. Reports were scattered but unconfirmed. Sort of like Roswell, NM.

boldts
11-19-2004, 01:48 PM
AOTH 5 Date Update - DonziChick, sorry but we can't do it Memorial Day weekend due to resort constraints. Mother's Day weekend is the first weekend of May this year. So, I've got a call into Freida at Jamestown for either May 12 - 15 or May 19 - 22. I'm kinda pushing for the 12 - 15th so that it gives everyone a break before the Dustoff, is off Mother's Day weekend and leaves a week before the big Memorial Day weekend.

It's not in stone yet, but it will be one of those 2 weekends. I've got a number of the members here telling me to get my bottom in gear and I don't want to disappoint!

Unlike Mike, I don't have all that carisma and women falling all over me to keep things going. So, even though I haven't seen snow here yet, I'm working on it. Just been incredably busy with home and work life lately!

I'm decided on honoring the Minx next year. So, Minx owners, be ready to show them off at Lake Cumberland next May. This doesn't mean other Donzi models, Cigarettes, Magnums and all others can't join in the fun. Everyone is welcomed and you won't find a better group of fun loving people on earth!

Have an offer at a possible Donzi magazine article again this year that I really would like to make happen again. Met a new club member this week considering to come who knew Mr. Don Aronow. I'm looking forward to meeting and learning from this participant.

There are a lot of loose ends right now, but this is one Donzi gathering that will happen every year as long as I'm still on this earth. We have to much fun together to ever stop! Who knows, maybe one day it will be as big as a Lake Havisue powerboat gathering. Heck, if we get all the MI owners down in May we'd kick any gathering in the country's butt as far as attendees.

Spread the word folks! Lake Cumberland, KY in May will be the place to be!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1678

DonziChick
11-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Thank you for letting me know what is going on Scott. I am trying to plan a vacation to North Carolina in May as well. I told my friends that we'd have to plan around AOTH and they are anxious to reserve a house, but we can't do that without knowing when. If you could keep me updated, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

roadtrip se
11-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Dustoff is in the middle of June, so we'll all catch a breath!

Better weather and water condition chances!

I wonder if Miller will bring all of that fame, good looks, and women with him to Cumberland this year? It is a sight to behold! Big Pimpim with all of that bling and the pink Hummer ain't got nuthin on the genuine thing!

Todd

MikeMiller
11-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Roadtrip... fame, good looks and women. Hmmmm... are you talking about my brother?

I am trying everything to be there!!!!!!!

Patti
11-19-2004, 04:47 PM
I know Jamie & I will definitely be going to AOTH..it'll be my first time so i'm excited! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

We've also talked about going to 1000 Islands as well..we're going to try to make as many as we can this upcoming spring/summer.

Once we're all settled in the new house things will be much easier!

Looking forward to meeting you all! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Dr. Dan
11-19-2004, 06:23 PM
:banghead: James....am I missing something here? Patti....ya gotta make 1000 Islands...it is gorgeous.....except for that Evil Twin Dude(roadtrip) it's a really good time! He can be unrully at times...plus he is very Tall!

I am seriously looking at Cumberland this year.....I know if it's earlier....(12th weekend) I can probably drag Brad & Amy too!

But I am holding out to see if Jill will make me her famous Jalepeno Poppers! Then I'll decide to come for sure!

Look forward to seeing more new faces next Season!

Doc of the Bay :cool!:

Patti
11-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Well i'm not sure what you'd be missing? lol

Jamie actually left this evening for 10 days...Deer Camp time! He won't be back until the 29th http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

We were just talking about 1000 Islands earlier today..he said he definitely wanted to go http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

I'm sure we'll make it..we plan on enjoying our Spring and Summer this year..less work and definitely more play! :biggrin:

Dr. Dan
11-19-2004, 08:21 PM
:smash: Cool Beans.... I knew he had to be workin on somethin, just didn't realize what! Very Cool!!!!!!!! :spongebob

Patti
11-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Yup!

He has been looking forward to this for months!

We usually go up to the UP every Christmas..beautiful area!

I hope he gets something..I know it'll make him a VERY happy camper! :jestera:

Did you say Jalapeno Poppers?..yum! lol

Looking forward to meeting you Dan! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

boxy
11-19-2004, 09:04 PM
All right then, Jamie's gone for 10 days :D
Patti now's the time to firm up your trip to the 1000 Islands. :D

Patti
11-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Boxy! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Does that mean I get to make decisions for him?

I try not to..but I will if I have to! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Was nice meeting you in Yahoo..looking forward to meeting you this summer! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

roadtrip se
11-20-2004, 08:55 AM
Patti, AOTH and 1000 Islands are both events focused on running the boats, not staring at them tied to the docks.
Awesome scenery shared with good friends.

Then, their is the food that Doc refers to! One recipe, the infamous "Jalepeno Poppers" which is basically sliced jalepeno, stuffed with cream cheese, and wrapped with bacon with many different variations from coast to coast. FarmerTex gets the credit for starting that craze at the original Texas Roundup.

But Doc, you are thinking of Jill's Shrimp Camarones. Shrimp stuffed with jalepeno and monterry jack cheese wrapped in bacon then grilled to perfection. We have stopped a lot of folks in their tracks at gatherings with this heart healthy snack. Last year at AOTH, the smoker producing such delectables, and the gas-power blender never stopped!

Patti, you are going to have a serious dose of culture shock!

Doc, you are overdue at AOTH!

Todd

Patti
11-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Todd http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

You forget..I lived in Texas!..I know all about the Jalapeno Poppers..good stuff! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif

I'm sure it'll be a great time..i've finally decided to participate instead of being behind the scenes for so many years..i'm really looking forward to it! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Patti
11-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Yes, it does.. Somebody has to help "Mr. Decisive" http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gifWell I just got off the phone with Jamie..he said to tell you, that he'd be there this summer with some poison http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif

He said we'll definitely be there http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Cuda
11-21-2004, 11:42 AM
I'd love to do one of the northern events next year. My problem is getting the time to get there and get back. What I was thinking was to let Debbie pull the boat up, I catch a flight for the event, then let her pull it back. The best scenario for this would be to caravan with MP or other S Florida peeps in case she had trouble. She has no problem towing the boat. When we came back from Palatka, she pulled the Minx in front of me while I pulled the Formula. The only problem we had is I kept having to Nextel her to tell her to slow down and wait for me. She's quite capable.

roadtrip se
11-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Cuda,

AOTH would be the rally closest and within striking distance of Florida. Lots of Seadogs have made the trip caravan-style many times.

Patti,

I wasn't talking about the food when I referred to "culture shock!" Always great to have new folks at the rallys, some even come back the following year!

Todd

Cuda
11-21-2004, 12:07 PM
I just asked Debbie with one she'd like to go to. She said "The one with the waterfalls". :)

Dr. Dan
11-21-2004, 12:22 PM
:smash: There is a growing contingent of attendees for 1000 Isles, that are going to be towing back over to Winnie after the Event and fly out of Manchester , NH to their homes...and then come back up for Winnie at the end of July! :jestera: Its only 2 weeks after 1000 Isles....and allows a 2 for 1!!!! :spongebob

Now this last Winnie Run....everyone dressed up in a common theme display/costume for the Run.... of course my boat...we were all wearing Scrubs! With Nurse Liz varfying the health of any random V-8!!!!!!

So logistically, if we can work out some common Rig & Boat Storage for the 10 days in between Events....I promise.....both of these Events are must do's.......... both unique, both beautiful........ and enough water and variety of conditions to stimulate even Todds Pituitary Gland! :biggrin:

1000 Isles is only about 7 hours North of Baltimore....straight up to Harrisburg on I-83, to I -81 towards Scranton....Binghamton.....ending just past Watertown New York..... I live on the Mason Dixon LIne....right off of 83 ...just South of York.... if traffic behaves I can be in Clayton, New York 5.5 to 6.5 hours after I leave the house....

Here's some 1000 views....the Docks are great...Electric,water & Lighted at night.

BUIZILLA
11-21-2004, 12:32 PM
:smash: There is a growing contingent of attendees for 1000 Isles, that are going to be towing back over to Winnie after the Event and fly out of Manchester , NH to their homes...and then come back up for Winnie at the end of July! :jestera:
I'm seriously considering this situation of combining both northern events. But, I would then have to forego AOTH.... decisions, decisions... I just can't do all of those. I would have to leave the Critter, and my truck, up there... hopefully Rasta free..

JH

BERTRAM BOY
11-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Jim,
You and Poodle have no worries for boat space.
Also,I will be importing only the finest Rastafarians to tend to your boats and trucks while they are under my "care".
:wink:

BERTRAM BOY

Dr. Dan
11-21-2004, 04:01 PM
:cool!: Jim........ I understand the dilemma....... If ya have questions concerning the Islands or Winnie....let me know. Love to have ya up there.... so far I am looking at adding the following people to our 1000 Islands Roster: Dwight and his 22, Brad and Amy, Poodle with his own Boat, Cliff with a running boat....and maybe a few others from our MId Atlantic area....depending on their schedules.

We will have access to the BBQ Pit and the Pool Yard & Bar at the Edgewood Resort.

I can taste the Texas Style food now! :yes:

Doc

Darrell
11-21-2004, 04:26 PM
We are talking about moving the dates up on the Texas Round-up IV to June, July or August. Is there some people that might be able to make the trip if it was in the summer rather than late September. We would like to get the biggest group ever for next year, FarmerTX and Jefe's cooking is worth the trip.

Darrell

Darrell
11-21-2004, 05:02 PM
It has been @ Possum Kindom Lake near Mineral Wells,TX. I didn't get make the 1st one, which was the brianchild of Roadtrip SE, but the last two was great fun.

Darrell

DonCig
11-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Darrell, June and July and very early August definately work for me a the 2005 Texas Roundup. I missed last years event because my sons school had started. I miss the smoked chops and the killer steaks.

Don

mattyboy
11-21-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm seriously considering this situation of combining both northern events. But, I would then have to forego AOTH.... decisions, decisions... I just can't do all of those. I would have to leave the Critter, and my truck, up there... hopefully Rasta free..

JH
Umm Jim we have only imported the finest 14th street homeless whinos from the city aged some 65 yrs we're going strictly top shelf, no Boone's farm here stictly 20/20 bums
sounds like 1000 isles will have alot of boats this year I'm in and the family too but they are seeking RSVP on bigger boats as we speak ;)
oh and I bringing real bumpers this year
;) :p

ChromeGorilla
11-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Looks like the events we will make next year wil be Mt. Dora, Spring Dustoff in Lake George, Owners Rally and any Palatka events that his royal supremeness high commander (LT)schedules. Oh and Jacksonville Poker Run (non-Donzi event)
Wish I could do more but next year will be pretty busy for me. I leave the service in Oct so I will be very busy next year in my job search.
Gonna make a long vacation out of the spring dustoff though. All my family lives upstate and we're gonna stay for 2 weeks.My buddy and his wife are comin up with me too. They're gonna bring their new Sunsation. Should be a nice relaxing time up in the mountains My folks have a place on Sacandaga Lake which is 20 mins from Lake george. They may join us in the Donzi for the Dustoff.

Last Tango
11-22-2004, 10:47 AM
CG,
Spring Dustoff in Lake George, is NOT the same Lake George WE run on here in Florida. The Lake George referred to in these posts is somewhere very far up north where snow happens and the boating water freezes in the winter. Unless of course you want us to SCHEDULE a Spring Dustoff for Lake George FLORIDA. But then not much dust gathers on our boats here.

ChromeGorilla
11-22-2004, 10:51 AM
LT, lmao...this I know. I'm from upstate NY. I spent 18 years of my life a half hour from lake george NY. My uncle has a house on Diamond Point. Now about that Lake George Fl dustoff....we could actually do it in the spring unlike those northerners...(june?!?!?!)...lol

Last Tango
11-22-2004, 10:56 AM
CG,
Just having a GO at you. YES, I KNOW you are from that very cold area and have every intention of going up there with the Donzi. Say, maybe I will Knight you as a Servant of the the Crown and you can be the official "SEADOG Ambassador to Northern Realms, Esq."

ChromeGorilla
11-22-2004, 11:00 AM
I would be humbly honored to have such a brave and noble title bequethed upon me.

Last Tango
11-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Heck, A Royal Title might look good on your resume, too! Then when you get hired as a contractor and are relocated to Kinloss or Loosiemouth, Scotland, you can rub elboes with the British royalty.

ChromeGorilla
11-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Oh yea.....do I get a sword!?!?!?!? Exscuse me...ahhhemmm I mean a valiant cutlass. Emblazoned with a ferocious brew swillin hound?

ChromeGorilla
11-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Wow, there's actually work to be done today. Foreman just came in and told us we need to straighten up the office so we can go home. Quiten time fellas. By your leave Supreme Commander..........till next time...hasta la pasta!

Last Tango
11-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Then kneel before the the Great God of DON and foreswear your allegiance to his followers. By the Power invested in me as the Supreme SEADOG, I Knight thee Sir ChromeGorilla, First Ambassador Royale to the Northern Realms (touch each shoulder with a boat hook).
Stand and be recognized, Sir Chromey!
Remember that Sir Bertram Boy and Lady Di are on covert assignment already in your areas. Upon your departure to Lake George Dustoff, make swiftsure your passage and return with news of their progress.

Budmann
11-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Cuda, let me know which one you want to attend. I could be talked into a roadtrip. :tongue: :tongue: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Dr. Dan
11-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Images of Donzis on Lake George! :eek!:

Dwight wins the Auctioned Off Ride in Mighty Mouse, worlds fastest Donzi.....

Brad & Amy looking like a Commercial for Donzi & Lake George.

Dwight and his Brother, realize their Father is in fact still in the back seat!!! :beer:

ChromeGorilla
11-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey Dr. Dan how ya been? My wife says hello over my shoulder here. Seein the Lake George pics I can't wait till June! Looks like from all the banter in the thread, the Dustoff should be a great event next year. like I said..I can't wait!

ToonaFish
11-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Dwight and his Brother, realize their Father is in fact still in the back seat!!! :beer:

It looks more like he is tied in the backseat with all those red lines...

Cuda
11-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Cuda, let me know which one you want to attend. I could be talked into a roadtrip. :tongue: :tongue: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

We are leaning towards Cumberland and ATOH.

Cuda
11-22-2004, 07:54 PM
We are leaning towards Cumberland and ATOH.

That's providing that my Minx doesn't make me look like Fishboy! :eek: :rlol:

boldts
11-22-2004, 08:06 PM
OK, dates for the annual Awakening of the Horses next May will be May 19th thru the 22nd. (Weekend before Memorial Day weekend)

I do not have the rates yet and you might want to hold off a few more days before making your reservations at Jamestown. (It's a holiday week)

I'll be working on a registration form so we can get a good idea on how many to plan for. Probably will be a good idea to start our annual AOTH thread so everyone has one place to look for information. I'll be updating the Midwest Donzi Club website as soon as possible.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and of course meeting new friends again.

ToonaFish
11-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Hey, being towed at Cumberland is awesome... just make sure to break down near Bandit's Party Barge and enjoy the long sloow tooow... :yes:

DonziChick
11-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Toona, I couldn't agree more... except that we were towed in from the middle of nowhere :yes:

Dr. Dan
11-22-2004, 09:40 PM
:banghead: Scott it would be great to run with you in LG, send me your address so I can add you to our Mailing List. Tell your beautuful Co-Pilot I said hello.........

At 1000 Isles you can see some of the truly unique Donzis come out and play, here are but a few; Marios Corsican, Ol Reds El Pescador, Walleyes 80mph X-18 with BlackHawk & Hard Candy...our favorite Jet Boat from Canada. :rlol:

I have added some photos to a few earlier posts on this thread as well, I will continue to add some from all of the Events as Winter sets in to keep us Northerners focused, and to show the Seadogs and others, why it's worth the Trip to Winnie,AOTH,Lake George and the Islands. All of these venues offer spectacular scenery,great friends and terrific boating!

Dr. Dan
11-23-2004, 05:57 AM
I attended my first Donzi Event, the Lake George Spring DustOff!!!!!!!!! :wavey:

Michael Aronow, Miller & Lizard
George & Bonnie in one of the fastest 22's on the planet outside the Sagamore...waiting for prey!
The Unsavory Donzi Judges
Richard Weaver in his Baby

RedDog
11-23-2004, 05:16 PM
I know Jamie & I will definitely be going ...

I have obviously missed something important along the way. Who is Patti and are congratulations in order?

A new Donzi babe?

Dr. Dan
11-23-2004, 08:01 PM
:spongebob Just to keep things on Topic here, Jamies Love Life and Cliff's Pick Up excluded!

Here are some reasons to go West to Cumberland in May 2005.

Cuda...these are for you and your Bride! :beer:

76 Falls
Suzy Showing Off Her Assets
76 Falls

mattyboy
11-23-2004, 08:16 PM
don't forget the happy hour Dan ;)

lake george or 1000 islands both a great time

Dr. Dan
11-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Happy Hours........Coming Up :banghead:

Lake George Beverage Patrol

Cuda
11-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Thanks Doc, I opened those pictures at just the right time. Just so happened, Deb was sitting here looking. "Too awesome" was her initial comment. :)

Dr. Dan
11-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Cuda...thought Deb would like those...... I have a ton for the Awakening! Although I only attended once, it was memorable to say the least, I think it will go down as one of the more memorable by those who attended that year! :cool!:

I will start another Thread for that...soo this one does not get inundated with file uploads! Boldts & others can build on that easily. Also you can go to our www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com site and look under the Gallery Section, and check out all of the specific Event Photos....there are hundreds for each Event!

Doc

Here is a Small Happy Appetizer

Jamestown Docks & Donzis
Brad & Amy love the Awakening
Barb & Big Grizzly
Bad Tat Bateman, Tomahawk, Joe P & Co.

mattyboy
11-24-2004, 07:36 AM
Great pics Dan!!!! can't wait til next season!

but please refrain from shots of me and Todd or my 16 next to a 33zx or Monte's fountain

I gonna get a short/small complex thingy :p ;) :)

Air 22
11-30-2004, 06:17 PM
1000's isles and Winni area a go :yes: ...Poodle if ya drag Jim w/ ya I can work out some passes from Manchester to West Palm or Orlando if ya like...Let me know. Doc...i'm up for a Michigan run w/ ya!!!

Miami Boat.......its SHweeeeet!!! ya'll should try to make it!!Feb 17-20th :yes:

mattyboy
11-30-2004, 08:45 PM
hey boxy,
another red and white boat do you want to layoff some action as it will not have a MI plate

????

Dr. Dan
12-26-2004, 04:14 PM
:bonk: Well .... Not to be ignored, some of the Atlantic Coast Donzi Crew will be attending the local Speedwake Runs this Summer....this is a shot of the Rock the Bay Poker Run....last September....when Hurricane Ivan made its way up the States...."Undertaker & Crew" braved the elements and ran on the alternate day Sunday.....and got some great Copter Shots....Speedwake does a Fun Run June 25th, and a Poker Run at the end of Summer....called Rock the Bay.

:rlol: Maybe this year we could get some Donzis to join in the running....

Doc :wavey:

undertaker
12-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Doc, the Undertaker & Crew are in for the Speedwake events we had a great time last year :biggrin.: , but we need more of a Donzi showing come on Donzi folks let pencil these events on our calendars :rlol:

:wavey: Undertaker

MOP
12-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Usualy a bad time of the year for me but I am giving it some thought, its on my BD what a great way to spend it. Hmmm a short flat tow compared to 1000 Islands.

MOP

Dr. Dan
12-28-2004, 10:52 AM
:spongebob This is a Speedwake Event, they are run for and by the Big Boys.....ya gotta pay to play...cheapest entry fee is $225 for the Fun Run....and the Rock the Bay Run is $500 per boat...and $125/person to attend.

So Phil....I would not write that Birthday Date in INK? Ya really gotta wanna get spanked to attend these runs....Now on the plus side the Winner of the Poker Run(Rock the Bay) took home over $6000...so I guess its relative!( I hate relatives)...

ChromeGorilla
12-28-2004, 12:13 PM
5 bills plus a buck and a quarter per person....too rich for my blood...remember, I'm an underpaid gov't employee.... :rolleyes:

Dr. Dan
12-28-2004, 05:09 PM
:spit: Keep in mind...most of the Rigs that Run in this crowd....start at well above the $150,000 mark in Stock Form...most of their Trucks cost more than our Donzis...even the Evil Twins(Road Trip & Mine)....

Alot of people make it a group Event, many of the Boats are write offs through business or whatever...95% of the Owners are "Contractors" of some form or another!

So it is indeed a different league....now if we were to just happen to be there, and run around...I guess there would be no foul...but if ya wanna play in "Their Reindeer Games" ya gotta cough up the Green! I can't go into what some of that fun entails...but I can say that....it involves, their version of "Donzi Girls" and a derivative of Lake Winnie Fun! :biggrin.:

Sometimes, it's just good to be in the right place at the right time.... ;) Nuf Said!!!!

We will be doing some Donzi based gatherings...and the Jackson Run is normally the 1st Weekend in August.... I think their Run is in the $60 to $100 Range....I've done 4 of them...and won one, Fastrucker seems to have alot of luck there....he has won at least Twice...so don't be discouraged...

I'll post some decadent pics(of the Speedwake Event) when I have time for the Troops...but here is a sample!

Doc :wavey:

Dr. Dan
12-28-2004, 05:18 PM
And a couple more....that's Ed & Kim Schumacher & Lizard herself(don't ask)....lots of Fun Trucks and some super cool Cats and V Bottoms.....

Dr. Dan
12-28-2004, 05:26 PM
:smash: As a point of interest, these shots were taken Saturday when Ivan rolled in from the South.....the Poker Run was delayed until Sunday.....(see pic of Ed's Boat in brown water in above post)....in the last pic of all of the boats, in the Center Dock, there is a Red Cockpit covered boat,just in front of it is a Blue/Purple covered 24 or 26 Scarab!

That Scarab on Sunday hit a Tree or something, sheared it's Drive completely...ripping the Entire Outdrive housing and everything off the boat! It sank quickly I am told...no one hurt...and they got it towed back....but for those who venture in Tree Lined Lakes or Reservoirs....exercise caution after Torrential Rains! :spongebob

ChromeGorilla
12-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Dan, it's definately fun to run with the bid dogs and checkout all the insane hardware. Last Aug I did the Emerald coast poker run...it was a blast. This June I will be doin the Jacksonvile Firefighters Poker Run. Followed quickly by the Spring Dustoff. (Which is held in summer, go figure?!?!) lol

Dr. Dan
12-28-2004, 06:54 PM
:spongebob Technically Summer begins after the Vernal Equinox...which is June 21st...in this Hemisphere. So you're safe....tell no one!

Lake George is worth the Trip, in fact I would highly recommend ya plan for some extra days...you won't regret it....it's the nicest Donzi Classic Water bar none that I boat on...and I have boated at over 90 % of our Regional Event Venues.

Make Sure you order one of those cool 496 Super Cool Cowling covers first....ya wanna stand a chance at beating out AirBoy in his Bling Bling ..."oh did I miss a spot to paint Red Classic?"

Plus there are many 502 and 496's that attend...so we can see if ya can really "Run Whatya Brung!" If ya catch my drift...

ChromeGorilla
12-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Dan, I will be in NY fromt the 14th till the 30th. I am from up there. Stayin at my folks place on Sacandaga Lake which is about 20 mins away. Oh, and I have talked to the cowling dude on the phone.....you'll be seein one on Damn Yankee in LG...:)

MOP
12-28-2004, 07:10 PM
So Phil....I would not write that Birthday Date in INK?

It is lightly penciled in! I may try a spectator thing, the entry is to rich for my waining old pockets!

Phil