PDA

View Full Version : Yard Sale in the Cabin

MissRepublican
11-06-2004, 09:48 PM
Is there anything you can buy similar to a net tailgate or something that could be snapped or otherwise secured across the opening that goes to the bed, in the front of the boat? It seems like people would want something like that to prevent everything they stow up there from ending up on the floor against the door to the berth...

gcarter
11-07-2004, 05:30 AM
Darcy, blow boaters have stuff like that. I'm sure you can imagine the reasons why.
:)

Dr. Dan
11-07-2004, 07:12 AM
:bonk: I have seen many Offshore Boats with an Elastic Net...that can be stretched to mounts on either side of the walk way....normally mounted just under the edge of the Seat Cushions....works very well....

It was always a joke to put items up in the V Berth and they would find the floor eventually no matter what...the net just kept them down or up in the V berth.

Doc :wavey:

Rootsy
11-07-2004, 07:56 AM
i donno but i am about to make that another project on my list cause i am sick of chasing crap all over the cockpit of the 16... things just don't want to stay up in ski locker darn it :o

Greg K
11-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Try this for starters...
http://www.cargogear.com/CoversTarpsNetsCAT.asp?page=7

ToonaFish
11-07-2004, 09:48 AM
i donno but i am about to make that another project on my list cause i am sick of chasing crap all over the cockpit of the 16... things just don't want to stay up in ski locker darn it :o

And this has nothing to do with the way you pilot the boat...

Bunches,

Celene "it was a tight fit, but the safety of Rootsy's ski locker was the most enjoyable part of that ride"

MissRepublican
11-07-2004, 09:54 AM
My brief experience in Cliff & Diana's 16' leads me to believe that not even duct tape...lots and lots of duct tape...could secure anything in those boats.

In fact, I wonder why those buggers don't have seat belts or cockpit harnesses and ejection seats!!!

Team Jefe
11-08-2004, 08:38 AM
Darcy - that Dam Greg has the right idea. I use a big cargo net on the Revenge to stow the beanbags and stuff, but these smaller versions are just the ticket.

Thanks G. I think I'm gonna get a few of these for the side panels in the cabin.

Team Jefe
11-08-2004, 08:41 AM
....and yes Toona, just to anticipate your next question.

......It is how I pilot the boat that creates the need. I've actually been thinking of installing some posts on the Aft rod holders and wrapping a net around the entire after portion of the boat just to help keep unsuspecting passengers from going swimming. :p

ToonaFish
11-08-2004, 09:00 PM
....and yes Toona, just to anticipate your next question.

......It is how I pilot the boat that creates the need. I've actually been thinking of installing some posts on the Aft rod holders and wrapping a net around the entire after portion of the boat just to help keep unsuspecting passengers from going swimming. :p

We could call it a Jefe condom...

Team Jefe
11-09-2004, 08:55 AM
We could call it a Jefe condom...

and I can think of Nothing better than wrapping you up in it and taking you for a ride.....we can go on the boat as well :D

"sitting over here loving Toona till the day I die"

ToonaFish
11-10-2004, 08:03 AM
"sitting over here loving Toona till the day I die"

I have it on good authority that loving Toona lowers your blood pressure and does delightful things to all your cholesterol... not quite sure what the Jefe Condom lowers or does to your cholesterol... :eek: