PDA

View Full Version : Pop Up Demon!

MOP
11-06-2004, 09:11 AM
I run Pop up stopper along with a raft of other what evers, a few days ago I was inundated with pop ups. Checked setting all looked OK, set to Max and prob went away until next boot. I found the only way to get it to work in normal mode was to set to max before shut down then bring to normal on boot. Apparently some SOB has found a pop up stopper semi foiler, I have gone blind in the reg and sys files to no avail, but at least for now the above fix will hold anyone plagued with the same prob until I or someone finds the DEMON!

Phil

Trueser
11-08-2004, 02:38 PM
MOP,

The best program for this is SPYBOT version 1.3. make sure you update it. THIS IS FREE. also you may check thru you installed programs in "Add and remove programs" and look for something strange.
I just ran my spybot and I did see it scan for a " DEMON "

And I am on the internet all day long without a single popup!!!!!!

Have fun.

MOP
11-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Yup I normally cruise with no pop ups, I deleted then reloaded and fixed prob. I run Spy bot, Spy Blaster which blows them off on the way in, Ad-ware 6, Pop Up Stopper, Reg Cleaner and CAI 7 anti virus listed as No1 on Microsoft site which has never failed me in over 6 years. Plus run my security setting pretty high which does kill some of my mail, If it has a paper clip its history I do not even open pictures I save them from viewer pane. As you can see I keep this thing pretty tight as I use it for Biz & Surfing.

Phil

txtaz
11-09-2004, 04:16 AM
Phil, It's actually my new ingenious maketing strategy that's imbedded in the new board I sent you. The pop ups are a subliminal message to make you want to buy thousands in computer parts from me to help pay for the new house. Is it working?

Actually, it sounds like you got market wared. It happened to me once and what a pain. Keep everything updated and scan away. The definition files will get updated to handle what got you.

Good luck,
Wes