PDA

View Full Version : Rootsy, how much to employ you to build a motor ?

Lenny
11-04-2004, 01:38 PM
James, how much do you want to supply and build a 4-bolt 350 hp RELIABLE 350 (355, 377, 383, 434, whatever) ?

RELIABLE and longevity.

Complete, top to bottom, everything included except for exhaust. Dyno sheet included and jetted for sea level.

Rootsy
11-04-2004, 01:42 PM
how much you got ;)

seriously.. depends on what you want for internals and what power numbers and max rpm you want to turn... give me a budget we can talk about what that can get ya... i'll supply you with a formal quotation....

and yes it'll include dyno break in, and some pulls to get the tuning correct...

it also depends on using a supplied or existin motor or starting with a fresh GM block...

give me a hollar we can talk about some options...

J

Lenny
11-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Fresh block, 4_bolt mains, max of 5200-5400, 350-375 prop shaft ponies, and I want it to stay together (within reason). Only the best components in this given situation, Hyper pistons, Forged crank, Steel rods, ARP, World Products on top, whatever intake and whatever carb. All pulleys, flywheel, belts, pumps etc...

It won't be getting abused anymore than any of our boats, but I want it to be happy running WOT 10-20 seconds at a time over at least the next few years. Pump gas, nothing esoteric. Raw water cooling.

No, I won't put my $$$$(budget) up front ;) Remember, I build kitchens for people and everyone has only a couple grand to spend, and then, when they are HAPPY, about 10K$ walks by.

Doug L.
11-04-2004, 06:00 PM
:wavey: Your going to need more then that if you going to run with Old Yeller and rootsie!!!
Doug

gero1
11-04-2004, 08:16 PM
10-20 seconds at a time?? at wot????? is that all i am supposed to run my black hawk at wot for????

Rootsy
11-04-2004, 08:26 PM
10-20 seconds at a time?? at wot????? is that all i am supposed to run my black hawk at wot for????

Don't say such things to doug L... he has two speeds.. idle and WFO... for as long as she'll hang together ;) :smash: :biggrin: right doug???

J