PDA

View Full Version : New Member / My Boat

HotRodr56
11-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Hi folks,
Thought I would introduce myself as a new member to the Donzi forum. I am the owner of a 1986 Z-33 red and white Donzi. Serial number is DMR33011L586 so I assume this is hull #11?? It has the single glass hatch in the deck, 454 magnum engines, TRS drives, and I assume Borg Warner transmissions. I have been working part time on the boat for about 6 months fixing small items and stitching up new cockpit upholstery. The hull is in good shape and the gel coat shines up pretty nice after a little elbow grease with the buffer. Plans include a redo of the cabin and the addition of a real flushing head - no porta pot, for the wife. One of my first questions is, do I hurt the value by making non OEM changes to the boat? I am a street rodder at heart and modifying a car doesn't bother me in the least, but I don't want to ruin a collectible boat through ignorance. Any and all advice / opinions will be appreciated.
Thanks for listening.
HotRodr56

Dr. Dan
11-03-2004, 05:26 PM
:cool: Welcome and Congratulations...you're in great company here. There are alot of great looking older 33's here...the owners will give ya some advice....I would look up Digger and Donzigo...both have very nice Rides...as well as Xtreme Measures....each have a unique perspective on there specific boats and can offer some direction....

Good Luck....and Welcome to our Family!

Doc :smash:
www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

TMANN
11-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Welcome. I'm not much help around here but glad to have a new member!!!

TMANN

Trueser
11-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Welcome to the board,

Lets see some pictures!!!!!

Mike

Donzigo
11-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the site!

Your assumption is correct. You own hull #11 and it was out of the mold in L = 12th letter or month = or December of 1985 and it was a 1986 model year. I have a 1989 and hull #110. I don't think you will destroy the value of the boat by customizing her. I gutted my Z-33 6 weeks ago and have been restoring her since. I am only waiting for the two couches to arrive from Premier Upholstry and will be finished, (see before & after pictures thread). I'm making a day-boat out of her. Got rid of the weight so she can get up and run fast with the other dogs. Good luck with your boat, If I can help you, throw me a call. 727-867-7020 Richard Aaron, St. Pete, Florida.

gcarter
11-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Welcome!
Lots of resto/ customizing done here.
:wavey:

Digger
11-04-2004, 07:16 AM
welcome to the board, you'll find lots of great info here and better yet make great friends. Regards head replacement, I would strongly suggest Vacuflush. It's a great system, its what I have and can't say enough about how good it is.

http://www.sealandtechnology.com/intro.htm

they are a little spendy but once you do some research nobody else comes close to: quality of components, ease of use, ease of maintenance, and LACK OF SMELL. The vacuum system cant be beat.

Good luck on your mods! enjoy!!

HotRodr56
11-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the welcomes. I will post a picture or two once I take some. The boat is solid structurally, just shows some age and looks kinda dated 80's disco style inside. This is my first boat resto but I have done cars from the ground up so I hope a lot of experience will transfer.

HotRodr56

HotRodr56
11-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Here's some pictures I took the other day. Just showing the good (outside) side. Inside is under reconstruction.

Walt. H.
11-17-2004, 09:59 AM
H.R-56,

Congrats and welcome. :wavey:

She's a real beauty!! :yes:

Walt

Trueser
11-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Very NICE,
Can we see more pictures? What does the engine compartment and interior look like?

I like the stripe on the side!

Welcome aboard!