PDA

View Full Version : My new ride

rchevelle71
11-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Its not a Donzi, but it was Made in North Miami.

1981 24 pantera, single 200 Outboard, needs a total restoration, but the hull is solid, I will update as I go along. The pic is before stripping, I will update the rest as it sits now, and how I bought it, at another time.

rchevelle71
11-03-2004, 04:13 PM
A little modernization:wavey: :wavey:

JimG
11-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Cool ride! Good luck with her!

rchevelle71
11-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Thanks Jim:biggrin: :biggrin:

EricG
11-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Congrats on your new ride!! I can't wait to see the restoration take shape. Now at least there is 1 less person I'm competing with for my next boat :D

-EG

rchevelle71
11-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Congrats on your new ride!! I can't wait to see the restoration take shape. Now at least there is 1 less person I'm competing with for my next boat :D

-EG
SO, your saying you next boat will be a 24???

I got a little history on this thing last night from one of the previous owners. It was race in the 80's with twin 2.4's, in a local organization on the Northeast, then stored for 8 years in a warehouse(explains no rot), then Dave Bennett of Stratfor CT, got it, and converted it to a single(not sure why??? Maybe one was missing or blown???, and ran it for several years on Long Island Sound, then he bought another 24, got in a Bike accident, and sold both, they are both currently in South Florida, Georges(from OSO) orange one, and Mine(Angels).

Jo, and Pepe from Pantera, have both contacted me, and asked me to bring it by so they can look at it, and let me know its true condition, and make suggestions on what to do, these guys are great, and the reason anyone should be proud to own one of their boats, I know I shouldnt be saying that on a Donzi forum, but I DO love Donzi's, but right now an outboard boat was right for me.

Rick

Fish boy
11-05-2004, 04:34 PM
hey rick, congrats on the new purchase! What did you decide as far as rigging and setback? you gonna put the setback bracket with the supports on the stringers?

Don'y worry, there are more of us outboard guys here than you think... we are just undercover. I'll give you the secret handshake when you finally launch her LOL

Fish

rchevelle71
11-12-2004, 09:19 PM
hey rick, congrats on the new purchase! What did you decide as far as rigging and setback? you gonna put the setback bracket with the supports on the stringers?

Don'y worry, there are more of us outboard guys here than you think... we are just undercover. I'll give you the secret handshake when you finally launch her LOL

Fish
She comes home tomorrow, I have my work cut out for me on everything else, gonna worry about setback, when everything else is complete, if I am in a rush to run her, I may just bolt the 200 back up to the transom, 'til I get some $$$ saved up for a bigger outboard, and a bracket.

Rick

rchevelle71
02-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Well,

4+ years later, she is finally dialed in:eek: