PDA

View Full Version : King Cobra gimbal housing needed

FISHIN SUCKS
11-01-2004, 01:36 PM
I need a gimbal housing for my 454 King Cobra. New or used does not matter, just need one in decent shape. Thanx in advance for any help!

Legend
11-23-2004, 02:17 PM
I have and entire King Cobra gimbal assembly and outdrive. You will have to pay for all of the shipping. I had it in an 18' classic with a 350 engine. I recently purchased a 350 MPI and no longer using the King Cobra setup.
Make me a offer.

MOP
11-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Hi you two need to post a pic or two, there were two different versions of Kings. The early was just a beefed up Cobra, the transom shields and gimbles are different. The true Kings have a fair hump on the upper gear case, Cobras are flat.

Phil

FISHIN SUCKS
11-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Thanx Legend and MOP. My upper half does have a hump on top of the housing (dipstick/screw is on top center). Is yours like this, Legend?

Legend
11-24-2004, 04:31 PM
I will take some pics and send them to you this evening.

Legend
11-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Thanx Legend and MOP. My upper half does have a hump on top of the housing (dipstick/screw is on top center). Is yours like this, Legend?

I am truly sorry for just getting back to you. I have been extremely busy. Please find attached some pics of the Gimbal assembly as well as the King Cobra outdrive. This one does have the dip stick on top, also you will see the original King Cobra decals on the hydraulic rams. Make me a offer for the outdrive and the gimbal assembly....we will have to discuss details for shipping.

FISHIN SUCKS
11-29-2004, 07:27 AM
I now apologize for the delayed response, not a lot of boating action going on when snow is flying around here. Looked at your pix, there appears to be a few differences on yours from mine. I'll do some checking to see if I can make the swap and I'll get back to you. Thanx again.

Walt. H.
12-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Just incase this is of any help, I found this on E-Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50442&item=4507816505&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Walt :wavey:

Craig Lawrence
12-07-2004, 11:36 PM
I may have a line on what you need, I have a chance to buy a complete 454 King Cobra setup, I need the drive, the ratio is related to the engine size. what is the Gimble housing worth for you ? If you want to sell the drive ,let me know, these parts are getting very rare and OMC is not making any new parts for them . when there gone, thats it.