PDA

View Full Version : The People of Texas

David O
10-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Subject: A Texas Declaration!!!!

[Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union. (Reference the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848.)]

We Texans love y'all, but we'll have to take action if Kerry wins over Bush. We'll miss you too. Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the results of the last election. After seeing the whiners along the campaign route, the folks from Texas are considering taking matters into their own hands.

Here is what will happen:

#1: If John Kerry becomes President of the United States, Texas will immediately secede from the Union.

#2: George W. Bush will become the President of the Republic of Texas.

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. We will control the space industry.

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those northern states. John Kerry will figure out a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications--small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. Dallas has some of the best hospitals in the United States.

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University of Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT (University of North Texas), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers. We could just open the border when we need some more.

10. We have essential control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Kerry:

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Kerry will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.

You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Signed, The People of Texas

P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about...BEFORE YOU VOTE THIS NOVEMBER.

SLEEP WELL TONIGHT.

gcarter
10-29-2004, 02:26 PM
You know, along w/ that right, Texas also has the right to divide into five states....
Just imagine ten senators, the same number of reps, maybe even more electoral votes.

Craig S
10-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Not all the people of Texas signed that.:us-texas:

TuxedoPk
10-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Perhaps my understanding of US history is wrong but didn't we buy Texas from France and then swap it with Spain to get Florida then buy it for 3 million down and 12 million owner financed at 6% with Mexico in the 1848 Treaty giving Texans rights on par with Floridians? (I wonder if this has something to do with Jeb Bush :) )

Here's a link to a copy of the Treaty http://www.azteca.net/aztec/guadhida.html

Can someone please show me a link that supports the claims Mexico and succeed or divide?

gcarter
10-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Tux, it's in the Articles of Statehood, not in the treaty.
I have personally never read it, but these are "facts" I've believed to be true all my life.

The "Declaration' reminds me of the 1974 era in the first oil crises. Prices went up, as did profits, so Congress in its wisdom instituded an additional tax on these profits as though it was the US oil companies fault the radical Muslim dictators cut off the oil.
Additionally Congress removed the "Depletion Allowance", the "deprecion" of the oil industry.
So all over Texas for several years, there were bumper stickers intimating turning off the refineries and the natural gas with the statement "Let the Bastards Freeze in the Dark"
Living in Houston at the time, I felt it was very appropriate!!!

:wavey:

TuxedoPk
10-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Not all the people of Texas signed that.:us-texas:

Here's the results of the vote: http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ref/abouttx/annexation/voters.html

TuxedoPk
10-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Tux, it's in the Articles of Statehood, not in the treaty.
I have personally never read it, but these are "facts" I've believed to be true all my life.

I did a little research and learned the following:
- There be truth to the ability for Texas to elect to divide into a maximum of 4 more States
- The Joint Resolution to admit Texas as a State does not provide any legal right to secede from the Union.

http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ref/abouttx/annexation/index.html

I know how difficult it is to have life long "facts" like this to be false. I never believed that the Red Sox would ever win a World Series :outtahere

gcarter
10-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Tux, can you tell us how to re-create the searches you did? Unfortunately the site searches "expire" when they're closed.

TuxedoPk
10-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Tux, can you tell us how to re-create the searches you did? Unfortunately the site searches "expire" when they're closed.

George, I fixed both of the links; unfortuneately I can't do anything about the Sox having won the World Series ;)

Fish boy
10-30-2004, 07:20 AM
Can anyone send me the classifieds from Texas just in case???

BUIZILLA
10-30-2004, 07:42 AM
Fish, the only thing for sale now in those classifieds is a democratic candidate, or opinion. Then again, it must be a pretty big publication.. :biggrin.: :hyper: :wink:

Darrell
10-31-2004, 09:12 PM
Subject: A Texas Declaration!!!!

[Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union. (Reference the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848.)]

We Texans love y'all, but we'll have to take action if Kerry wins over Bush. We'll miss you too. Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the results of the last election. After seeing the whiners along the campaign route, the folks from Texas are considering taking matters into their own hands.

Here is what will happen:

#1: If John Kerry becomes President of the United States, Texas will immediately secede from the Union.

#2: George W. Bush will become the President of the Republic of Texas.

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. We will control the space industry.

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those northern states. John Kerry will figure out a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications--small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. Dallas has some of the best hospitals in the United States.

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University of Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT (University of North Texas), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers. We could just open the border when we need some more.

10. We have essential control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Kerry:

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Kerry will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.

You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Signed, The People of Texas

P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about...BEFORE YOU VOTE THIS NOVEMBER.

SLEEP WELL TONIGHT.

HOLLY CRAP.... Where the hell will the Sooners find thier best football players, This S@*T just got REAL. :eek!:

txtaz
11-01-2004, 04:35 AM
Can anyone send me the classifieds from Texas just in case???

Here ya go Fish http://sanantonio.abracat.com/
You have to buy a pair of boots and learn to say "Howdie".
Also look out for a 30ZF cruising the intercoastal scouting for red bikinies. He's been known to make radical turns. :eek: :eek: :eek:
:wavey:
Wes