PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP finding

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-28-2004, 06:31 PM
OK, we have all heard my trailer nightmare, which I need to bring back to the top! :)

So what I seek is what Digger has, I have searched and not found, I need a side trailer mount that looks like the attached hand drawn photo (open photo, it is viewable). The plate where the tire goes I can drill to modify any spare line up issues.
I would think the plate that will through bolt the trailer would be about 5" square and the plate at the other end similar.
No Luck at west Marine or Boat US.
Keep in mind this is 7.5" I Beam.

Can you guys help me find something similar?
Winter project list has started, Saturday is our last day out for this year.
THANKS
Bryan

MissRepublican
10-28-2004, 06:57 PM
A lot of farm use and stock trailers use similar mounts. If there is a Tractor Supply Company, or Big R, or some other farm and ranch supply place near you, they might carry something like that. Otherwise a high school or junior college vocational tech class would probably be able to build one for you for a song if you supply the material.

RickR
10-28-2004, 07:01 PM
http://www.expediter.com/index.html

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-28-2004, 08:31 PM
RICKR, thanks, but I didn't find anything there.
Bryan

Jamesbon
10-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Have a reputable welder fabricate one up. :) ...All in a days work.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-29-2004, 09:46 PM
MPoodle, can't get a picture that quick.
Digger is laying low this weekend.
It is a winter project, so no rush, I appreciate the help and you may be my only hope. But rest assured I will send the data and a picture soon.
Thank you. And of course if there is a cost, I got it covered.

Tomorrow is our last day of the season, running across the bay to the eastern Shore of VA, the new Bay Creek Marina. Wish us luck. I hope to cover her up for the year Sunday.

Hope you and the wife are well, (no storms in sight! :).)
Bryan

Darrell
10-31-2004, 01:16 PM
Bryan I'am not sure I undrstand just what you need, but I have a white trailer spare mount like the one below that you are welcome to, if you can make it work.

Darrell

Note: I think that the frame on my trailer is 8" that it went a round, I would have to check.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-31-2004, 06:47 PM
Darrell
How long is the center shaft?
It would work, I would through bolt the base vise using the bracket.
Thanks
Bryan

Darrell
10-31-2004, 08:19 PM
Bryan:

I'll have to pick it up at the building I keep the boat at, I'll bring it home and give you a call and we will see if will work.

I still have your no. from when you helped me with my prop.

Darrell