PDA

View Full Version : Great day boating, but... coooolddddd...

Lenny
10-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Clear skys, and sunny, I took a break from the shop and spent the afternoon out blasting around the Islands. Had a riot but there was one thing. It was 41 degrees F outside, and I was travelling 40-55mph for most of it.

Anyways, I had on two mackinaws' and one giant pleated corduroy overcoat, (basically added 20 pounds of jackets to my body) all this over a long sleeved shirt a Donzi T-shirt, and then a life jacket. Had my collar(s) buttoned up and had to do up the buttons on my sleeves as well.

Anyways, it was a blast but I have never been sooo cold in my life :eek: These things without windshields are better suited to Miami I think ;)

:) ...wouldn't change it for the world tho :)

Ed Donnelly
10-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Lenny; Good to see that I am not the only idiot out there.
My buddy and I decided to take the boats out to Lake Ontario Sunday before winterizing. 2 emergency no heat calls to take care of first. Hit the ramp at 4 p.m. Raining really good now.
The lake is a little rough 3' to 4' Buddy has a 30' so no big deal for him. It is really refreshing having the waves come over the windshield and pound the s**t out of you.
Been sick in bed since Monday. My 8 yr. old daughter reminded me this morning,, Daddy you are 60 yrs. old now and you should know better......Ed