PDA

View Full Version : Z-33 Going to the Gellcoat man. Changing the color to Red or Yellow.. your thoughts??

TEAMPSI
10-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Hello guys and how are you. My Z-33 is being picked up today and will be under reconstruction for the next 6 months. Goes to the gellcoat man this afternoon... The original color was:

:uzi: Teal

At first I was really leaning towards Yellow... but like Red as well.

What do you guys think?? This is a pretty perminant change... gellcoat, not regular paint, so I'd like to see what you guys think before I move forward.

Thanks and let me know.

Q

gold-n-rod
10-27-2004, 10:29 AM
I didn't vote, because red, yellow or teal all look nice on that boat. I don't think I agree on changing the color, unless the original gel is in that poor of a condition. I like the teal on that boat. If you are spending all that $$$$ just to change the color of already serviceable gel, I think the money could be better spent on something else.

But that's just my 2 cents.

another Randy

marcdups
10-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Just put a bigger motor in it :wavey: and the colour will not matter :eek: :rlol: :eek:

Dr. Dan
10-27-2004, 08:59 PM
:smash: Keep the Teal....get it professionally sanded out....you may be surprised!

Doc
www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

TEAMPSI
10-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Just put a bigger motor in it :wavey: and the colour will not matter :eek: :rlol: :eek:
I like that one... pretty good. The guy is picking this beast up tomorrow... I understand what you guys are saying about the Teal. I did not mean to be so harsh.... but I grew up in Bradenton, FL just 15 min. away from the Donzi factory... so I have seen my fair share. I can remember always wanting a red or yellow Donzi... so that is probably driving my decision at this point. Again, the Teal does not look bad and the gell coat actually looks good... the only other option was to paint it with Emron pain which may chip in the long run...

BacDoc
10-27-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm curious what does it cost to re gelcoat a 33' donzi ?
Thanks
Dan

Cybercop
10-28-2004, 12:05 AM
I'd like to know too, since my 1991 33C could use a freshening!

Fish boy
10-28-2004, 09:21 AM
great dilemma. I ahve always loved the yellow and from time to time wish I had chosen the color myself for my 23. However, I have seen many yellow 33's and many red 33's, and when they are sitting on the water with the engines rumbling, Th red really has an awesome eye-catching presence. If it were me, i would have the same dilemma but would go with the red since it looks sooo awesome on the water.

Trueser
10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
To have the top of the 29 redone in gel will cost me $2500.00

Mike

CaptWK
10-28-2004, 03:35 PM
I have owned two Zs and the red was harder to keep up than the yellow. I have pictures of both boats in the water and you can't beat the yellow in my thoughts.

CaptWK
10-28-2004, 03:39 PM
More yellow pictures. If you don't want to repaint yours buy mine its for sale!!!

marcdups
10-28-2004, 04:12 PM
Given the choices I did vote for yellow, but I would personally keep the teal as it is an unsual colour coming from Donzi, I may be partial but I do like teal, although given a choice and maintainance, I would go for yellow!!

BUIZILLA
10-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Given the choices I did vote for yellow, but I would personally keep the teal as it is an unsual colour coming from Donzi, I may be partial but I do like teal, although given a choice and maintainance, I would go for yellow!!you sound like John Kerry :D

DON N.
10-30-2004, 04:06 AM
Teal

marcdups
11-01-2004, 01:04 AM
Coming from a " pink flaming go " :eek: I believe I shall leave that comment alone :uzi: :uzi: :biggrin.:

Team Hula Girl
11-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Curious as to why you don't have Paint as an option? What is the reasoning between the two? I just can't see Gel Coat being a better option regardless of cost unless it's free.

What have you heard about gel/paint that would make you sway one way or the other?

J Mitch

DonzigoJR
11-01-2004, 09:25 PM
I am a little Biast as my father has a Red Z-33 and it may be or better yet is one of the nicest ones ever to touch the water. I will post a couple pics to help with the best decision :yes: ..........

Trueser
11-01-2004, 10:13 PM
This is why we like the RED!

Cuda
11-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Was the 33 available with both front seating options?

Walt. H.
11-02-2004, 01:16 AM
I'll throw in my $.02 worth. :toiletpap

Don't fix what isn't broken Cause you'll only be opening up a can of worms. :banghead:

Spend the money if you must on items that will up grade the boat's value. Then get a set of cheap sun glasses and Dat dah! the boat is a different color. :cool!:
Don't forget to think about the interior also. :crossfing

Walt :wrench:

Morgan's Cloud
11-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Curious as to why you don't have Paint as an option? What is the reasoning between the two? I just can't see Gel Coat being a better option regardless of cost unless it's free.

What have you heard about gel/paint that would make you sway one way or the other?

J Mitch

Oooooh ,

Can't wait to see if anyone picks this up ! :biggrin:

boldts
11-02-2004, 02:52 PM
It's your money, but I personally like colors out of the ordinary. Red is a beautiful color on a Donzi, but in FL just about every one seems to be red. Yellow is not seen as much so with those 2 colors being the choice, I like yellow.

Now, loving the color blue, my 33 would be blue and white simply because I've never seen a blue 33 Z or ZX. I'm sure there have been a few built as special orders, but you just don't see that color every day on the lake or ocean.

Keep the teal again because of the rarity. Heck, it's a Donzi! Really doesn't matter what color it is as long as you as the owner love it.

FISHIN SUCKS
11-08-2004, 07:41 PM
I have received a lot of compliments w/red, but teal and yellow are definitely sharp! I tend to agree that red is a big pain in the booty to keep up.

We had a saying a long time ago when my sperm-donor had a muscle car lot that went like this 'if a car sets on the lot for more than 30 days and hasn't sold, paint it Quick Sale Red'.