PDA

View Full Version : St John's River

Cuda
10-25-2004, 11:45 PM
Does anyone know if the St John's River is still all no wake? Who has authority over it?

Fish boy
10-26-2004, 06:22 AM
no first hand knowledge, but there was a s&f trip schedule for this weekend that got moved to nov 12 weekend due to water level

gcarter
10-26-2004, 09:47 AM
Jody, I like your "new" avatar!

Fish boy
10-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Jody, I like your "new" avatar!

Thanks George, I aim to please..... and irritate! LOL

ChromeGorilla
10-26-2004, 11:15 AM
What part of the St. Johns are you talkin bout? As far as I know there are not any No Wake zones from Palatka to downtown Jax.

Last Tango
10-26-2004, 11:34 AM
The river was "No Wake" south of Lake George after the hurricanes. I don't know if it is still that way. There are normally "No Wake" zones between the Route 44 bridge and north of Deland. Also, in the military reservations, State Parks, National Forrests, and in parts of Downtown Jax. The US Coast Guard, FMP (Florida Marine Patrol), Florida Fish and Wildlife Patrol, Park Rangers, local County Sheriffs, City Police, and the Military Police including Army, Navy, Air Force, and National Guard, all have authority to stop you for breaking the laws of the river.
Other authorized water police include (but are not limited to): FBI, DEA, ATF, NSA, and the Secret Service. Also, near airports the FAA security and Department of Homeland Security patrols.
Check the online NOTAM's of the US Coast Guard and Florida Marine Patrol to find out what the story is in your area regarding the continuation of the No Wake Zones imposed after the hurricanes.

Don't argue. Just stop when hailed...
... but then you already knew that.

Cuda
10-26-2004, 07:21 PM
I wanted to know because my cousin is here, and I wanted to take him for a ride on the river, but not if it's all idle zone. We ate supper this evening at a restaurant on the river at the Hwy 44 bridge. A boat pulled in that was coming from the north so I asked them. He said there weren't any signs from just north of the bridge to Astor. He said in other places he had seen temporary no wake signs, so I guess it's just where marked now. I had heard right after the storm is was no wake the entire length of the river. The river has gone down about 18 inches from the highest point.