PDA

View Full Version : Reaproaching performance

onesubdrvr
10-23-2004, 07:08 AM
First, to all who answered my original post, thank-you. I have done some thinking of how far I'm willing to go on this boat, and for this one it won't be far. My boat is a 1988 21' Ragazza BR. It's got the 4.3l 205hp OMC engine with the Cobra outdrive. I'd like to do some bolt on performance - basically keeping the same engine and out drive, perhaps an intake manifold with new carbs? A cam maybe? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am also hoping to make it up to Palatka on the Saturday, I won't be able to make it on the Friday, but maybe Saturday.
Thanks again in advance for any suggestions / help.

Respectfully,
Wayne
:wrench:

MOP
10-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Another opinion why not fix this one up so it presents its self well enough to unload it, save the $$ for the next boat I feel it will only be wasted on this one. Winter is coming along with the usual good winter deals, something sweet will turn up and make you a much happier Donzite.

Phil

harbormaster
10-23-2004, 11:52 AM
I agree,

I would not spend any money on that boat that you do not have to. The money would be better spent by putting it in savings and appplying it to another Donzi. I do ot want to sound like a snob,
but you are dealing with a 6 cyl.

onesubdrvr
10-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey guys,

Mop & Harbormaster,
I do appreciate what you are saying, unfortunately as stated before, I have a family of 6 (including myself), and the bow rider configuration is pretty much ideal at this time. I moved down (size wise) from a 24' Century Cuddy Cabin, for the layout. Now, I'm not offended by the statement at all (it's only a V6). But, as my wife and I are only 31, with a 9, 8, 4, and 1 year old (all girls), I really want them to spend time riding around in the boat with us until they get too snobby and want to spend the weekends at home with their friends. When that time comes (and I know it will), I will most likely move to a classic, or something else with the power there allready.:yes:

Poodle, I appreciate the heads up, and my family and I are going to try to make it up for Saturday, will be unable to make it Friday, but probably Saturday. I've just ripped the carpet out, checked and repainted the deck (all solid), pressure cleaned the carpet, and will be putting it back in next weekend. The point I'm getting to :bonk: is that I'll be out of town for the next week, and am unsure as to whether or not everything will be done by the 13th, but intend on making it up on Saturday either way, just looked for the dumbfounded looking guy :propeller that's trying to keep track of 4 young girls :outtahere while oogling at boats!!

Until then my friends,
Wayne
:wrench: + :boat: = :biggrin:

Cuda
10-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Palatka. :)