PDA

View Full Version : Merc blown 2001 225hp 3 liter

Outboard Donzi
10-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Well, I overstressed my engine and it let go. I am ready to send the block off to have it bored and cleaned up but I have reservations about what kind of pistons are going to work the best. If memory serves, I haven't heard the best things about wiesco. Does anyone have a recomendation???

Jamesbon
10-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Try posting that one over on www.screamandfly.com . Sorry to hear the news :(

Fish boy
10-24-2004, 06:25 PM
SOrry to hear it too. Nate is right, S&F is the best place to get that question answered. You previously mentioned that you had a guy that was going tp build your motor up. I assume there will be some porting, shaving of the heads... etc. You might want to find out what the plan is before you decide what pistons you want since clearance might become a problem.

There are a couple of guys on S&F that do some pretty amazing things with powerheads like "US-1" John Marles, "JSRE" Jay Smith, "Mercman" as well as many others. You might also drop a line to Rick at rickracers.com they have really good prices on anything engine related and give a screamandfly discount if you tell them you are on the board. They can get anything that you need even if it is not on their site, and he lives to help people and build motors.

Good luck,

fish