PDA

View Full Version : Who are you voting for?

txtaz
10-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Just an informal pole to see who you are voting for. I split out Florida because you are a swing state and we all remember 4 years ago.
Wes
PS, I've always wanted to post a poll. ;)

Gearhead99
10-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Bush should be YOUR ONLY CHOICE...

Fish boy
10-25-2004, 07:34 AM
Hummmm, I find it somewhat ironic that twice as many Kerry voters chose to support the hanging chad vote as Bush voters... :eek: :eek:

goatee
10-25-2004, 10:19 PM
wonder how many bush in mi.?

no! no! no!

i'm serious, 4 years ago "we" voted for gore. (not me)

Rootsy
10-26-2004, 07:16 AM
well i know of at least one ;)

Patti
10-26-2004, 08:57 AM
No Bush for me..i'm voting for Kerry :)

MissRepublican
10-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Although it's probably obvious at this point....I'm voting for President Bush.

TBroccoli
10-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Kerry's head is like pinoccio's nose. Every time he lies or flip-flops his face gets longer :rlol:

Scott Heidt
10-26-2004, 01:00 PM
I am voting BUSH! I can't vote for a Waffle Head!

txtaz
10-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Wow, Not even close to what the news polls have. Anyone want to venture a guess why?
Could it be that those with discerning taste (such as Donzi owners) are more conservative? Perhaps it's because we are conservative that we can afford the Donzi's in the first place. Could it be that conservatives have more to lose if a liberal gets a hold of the Federal budget?
Just some ideas.
Wes
BTW MissRepublican voting Bush, Who'd of thunk. :) :biggrin:

Lenny
10-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Is that a DONZI ? ;)

MissRepublican
10-26-2004, 02:00 PM
www.electoral-vote.com (http://www.electoral-vote.com)

Scott Heidt
10-26-2004, 02:11 PM
www.electoral-vote.com (http://www.electoral-vote.com)

Dam California! 55 votes! Arnold needs to get out there and beat the drums!

mattyboy
10-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Alfred E Newman!!!

Fish boy
10-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Wow, Not even close to what the news polls have. Anyone want to venture a guess why?
Could it be that those with discerning taste (such as Donzi owners) are more conservative? Perhaps it's because we are conservative that we can afford the Donzi's in the first place. Could it be that conservatives have more to lose if a liberal gets a hold of the Federal budget?
Just some ideas.
Wes
BTW MissRepublican voting Bush, Who'd of thunk. :) :biggrin:

Theory makes sense Wes, but would it surprise you to find out that there was a similar pole on another boating site with a very different member base and the same result? The site has a few high dollar rides, but by and large, the guys (and girls) there are rolling quarters to get parts to keep their boats going? THey were close to 70% bush as well.

txtaz
10-27-2004, 09:28 AM
So Fish, Does that mean economics does not play a role, or a smaller role? Perhaps boaters in general have a better sense about them.
I have a hard time believing the poles on TV.
Wes

Fish boy
10-27-2004, 10:47 AM
wes, I am not really sure what it means. I am not as surprised to see the poll results here as i was to see the same results on another site. I do not have any particular expertise and am basing my assumptions solely on the impressions i get from news reports (ok, I see my mistake), but the other site had a much larger cross section of members, and it was a pleasant surprise to see the same results.

mattyboy
10-27-2004, 10:51 AM
So Fish, Does that mean economics does not play a role, or a smaller role? Perhaps boaters in general have a better sense about them.
I have a hard time believing the poles on TV.
Wes

boats and bush great together :smileybo: if ya know what I mean :tongue:

Craig S
10-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Probably has to do with identifying with similar socio-economic settings. I wonder if sail boaters would have a different perspective?

Fish boy
10-27-2004, 11:05 AM
boats and bush great together :smileybo: if ya know what I mean :tongue:
...and beer!!!

gcarter
10-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Probably has to do with identifying with similar socio-economic settings. I wonder if sail boaters would have a different perspective?
Craig, I think they do, I think they would want to blame the president for not enough wind, or the wind is from the wrong direction! :bawling: ;)

Craig S
10-27-2004, 11:41 AM
I'm purty liberal, here.
But its a continuum, and we're looking at a group, not individuals. Motorcyclists aren't all the same. Boaters probably aren't either. Maybe planing power boaters would have similar identifying markers. Maybe trawler and cruising sailers would look different. Dunno. The magazine ads look different (to me, anyways). Craig:us-texas:

txtaz
10-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Leave it to George to come up with a good one.

"Maybe planing power boaters would have similar identifying markers."

Do you mean hair swept back, tears from the wind and one big a$$ grin? :rlol:

Anyone care to speculate on the relativness of education in the polls. :rolleyes:

OK, I admit, I'm bored waiting for real estate agents to call so I thought I would get other opinions. BTW Florida look out, I hear you have a massive influx of unqualified (un-licensed) bottom drewlers heading your way. :wavey:
Wes

RvR
10-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Could be due to “Pier Pressure” :D

BUIZILLA
10-27-2004, 01:36 PM
I am a moderator of 2 large auto enthusiast sites and cruise another beyond that. Our polls are ALL at about 65% = or - 3% in favor of Bush. Every hobbyist site I have visited is this way... where these 49-51 polls come from gets me..

JH

gcarter
10-27-2004, 01:43 PM
I am a moderator of 2 large auto enthusiast sites and cruise another beyond that. Our polls are ALL at about 65% = or - 3% in favor of Bush. Every hobbyist site I have visited is this way... where these 49-51 polls come from gets me..

JH
Jim, the others that are bloating the polls only see a computer when they visit the public library or the welfare office! :) :lightning

MissRepublican
10-27-2004, 01:49 PM
They have liberals in Texas? Wow...as Johnny Carson would say..."I did not know that."

MOP
10-27-2004, 02:49 PM
The latest Dem adds talk about casualties due to the war, how soon we forget that in a matter of about 30 minutes the terrorists killed over 3,000 on 9/11 98% civilians. Since the war on terrorism was taken up by the US the loses we have endured have been half of the 9/11 toll. Our war loses have taken place over 3 years not the 30 minutes it took the terrorist on 9/11. If they do and probably will strike here again you can bet your lucky stars they will kill many more in a short again. If you want to keep the war off our shores and keep them busy else where Vote Bush, if you want them in your back yard Vote Kerry. Yes I do feel bad about civilian casualties else where but that is the key to my thinking "ELSE WHERE"

Phil

Craig S
10-27-2004, 04:05 PM
They have liberals in Texas? Wow...as Johnny Carson would say..."I did not know that."
Yea. We sorta huddle together in the urban areas to keep warm. Craig:us-texas: :us-texas::us-texas:

gcarter
10-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Darcy, most of them hide out in Austin.
But that shouldn't be a surprise since it's a university and government town.

MissRepublican
10-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Darcy, most of them hide out in Austin.
But that shouldn't be a surprise since it's a university and government town.

That would explain the general outrage that the Austin paper endorsed Bush...
Austin Residents Protest Bush Endorsement

Major Texas Papers Endorse President

POSTED: 1:08 pm EDT October 25, 2004
UPDATED: 1:27 pm EDT October 25, 2004

AUSTIN, Texas -- At least 300 people upset about the Austin American-Statesman's endorsement of President Bush for a second term gathered near the newspaper offices to protest.

The Sunday demonstration was organized shortly after the American-Statesman posted the editorial on its Web site at 6 p.m. Saturday, protesters said.

"As soon as it hit online, people started phoning and e-mailing and saying, 'What should we do?' " said Glen Maxey, a former Democratic state representative, who used a bullhorn to urge people to go door to door promoting Democrat John Kerry and his running mate, John Edwards.

http://www.ksat.com/news/3848002/detail.html

roadtrip se
10-27-2004, 08:47 PM
even those in Austin!!

Hard to believe that the rags in Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Houston, and yes, Austin sobered up long enough to think this thing through!

Trust me, having lived in Texas for 16 years, these papers typically don't report a balanced perspective.

There is hope and I am home sick!

Todd
"Voting in Texas via absentee ballot!"

:ribbon: :ribbon: :ribbon:

txtaz
10-28-2004, 04:19 AM
Austin is also the "Same sex union" capitol of Texas. I have a sneaking suspiscion most of them are liberals.
Todd, Where in Texas did you live? We have lived in Rockport, now Boerne and soon to be closer to SA.
Wes

Richard Rees
10-28-2004, 07:50 AM
Wes, I guess that why you see all the "Keep Austin Weird" signs and Hippie Hollow on lake Travis is now called Gay Bay.

txtaz
10-28-2004, 08:04 AM
Too funny Richard, We were there over Labor Day with some friends from Houston who brought boats up. We visited Hippy Hollow early Sunday morning in a light rain and didn't know where we were. At lunch some friends filled us in. Good thing it was quiet when we came through. The rest of the weekend we headed upstream just to be safe.
BTW, how did the water leak come out? Get it nailed down?
Wes

MOP
10-28-2004, 08:24 AM
Back on track! An email I received

The other day, my nine-year-old son wanted to know why we were at war.

My husband looked at our son and then looked at me. My husband and I were in the Army during the Gulf War and we would be honored to serve and defend our Country again today. I knew that my husband would give him a good explanation.

My husband thought for a few minutes and then told my son to go stand in our front living room window. He said, "Son, stand there and tell me what you see?"

"I see trees and cars and our neighbors' houses," he replied.

"OK, now I want you to pretend that our house and our yard is the United States of America and you are President Bush."

Our son giggled and said, "OK."

"Now son, I want you to look out the window and pretend that every house and yard on this block is a different country," my husband said.

"OK Dad, I'm pretending."

"Now I want you to stand there and look out the window and pretend you see Saddam come out of his house with his wife, he has her by the hair and is hitting her. You see her bleeding and crying. He hits her in the face, he throws her on the ground, then he starts to kick her to death.

Their children run out and are afraid to stop him, they are screaming and crying, they are watching this but do nothing because they are kids and they are afraid of their father. You see all of this son....what do you do?"

"Dad?"

"What would you do son?"

"I'd call the police, Dad."

"OK. Pretend that the police are the United Nations and they take your call, listen to what you know and saw, but they refuse to help. What do you do then son?"

"Dad...but the police are supposed to help!" My son starts to whine.

"They don't want to son, because they say that it is not their place or your place to get involved and that we should all stay out of it," my husband says.

"But Dad...he killed her!" my son exclaims.

"I know he did...but the police tell you to stay out of it. Now I want you to look out that window and pretend you see our neighbor who you're pretending is Saddam turn around and do the same thing to his own children."

"Daddy...he kills them?"

"Yes son, he does. What do you do?"

"Well, if the police don't want to help, I will go and ask my next door neighbor to help me stop him," our son says.

"Son, your next door neighbor sees what is happening, but he refuses to get involved as well. He'll not help you," my husband says.

"But Dad, I NEED help! I can't stop him by myself!"

"WHAT DO YOU DO SON?" Our son starts to cry.

"OK, no one wants to help you, the man across the street saw you ask for help and saw that no one would help you stop him. He stands taller and puffs out his chest. Guess what he does next son?"

"What Daddy?"

"Watching you in the window, he walks over to the old lady's house, breaks down her door and drags her out. He sets her house on fire and then he...he kills her. He does this while he laughs at you and her. WHAT DO YOU DO?"

"Daddy..."

"WHAT DO YOU DO?"

Our son is crying and he looks down and he whispers, "I'd close the blinds, Daddy."

My husband looks at our son with tears in his eyes and asks him..."Why?"

"Because Daddy.....the police are supposed to help people who needs them...and they won't help.... You always say that neighbors are supposed to HELP neighbors, but they won't help either...they won't help me stop him...I'm afraid....I can't do it by myself Daddy.....I can't look out my window and just watch him do all these terrible things and... and..... do nothing...so....I'm just going to close the blinds.... so I can't see what he's doing........and I'm going to pretend that it is not happening."

I start to cry. My husband looks at our nine year old son standing in the window, looking pitiful and ashamed at his answers to my husband's questions and he says..."Son."

"Yes, Daddy."

"Open the blinds, son, because that evil man.... now he's at our front door..."WHAT WILL YOU DO NOW?"

My son looks at his father, anger and defiance in his eyes. He balls up his tiny fists and looks his father square in the eyes, without hesitation he says: "I'LL DEFEND MY FAMILY DAD! I'M NOT GONNA LET HIM HURT MOMMY OR MY SISTER, DAD! I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM, DAD, I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM!"

I see a tear roll down my husband's cheek and he grabs our son to his chest and hugs him tight, and says... "It's too late to fight him, he's too strong and he's already at YOUR front door son.....you should have stopped him BEFORE he killed his wife, and his children and the old lady across the way. You have to do what's right, even if you have to do it alone, before it's too late," my husband whispers.

THAT scenario I just gave you is WHY we are at war with Iraq and other terrorists. When good men stand by and let evil happen son, THAT is the greatest EVIL of all. Our President is doing what is right. We, as a free nation, must understand that this war is a war of humanity. WE must remove evil men from power so that we can continue to live in a free world where we are not afraid to look out our window so that my nine year old son won't grow up in a world where he feels that if he just "closes" that blinds the atrocities in the world won't affect him.

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!" BE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! BE PROUD OF OUR TROOPS!

SUPPORT THEM! SUPPORT OUR PRESIDENT IN THE MIDST OF THIS WAR, SO THAT IN THE FUTURE OUR CHILDREN WILL NEVER HAVE TO CLOSE THEIR BLINDS...."

BOGUS AMMO DUMP STORY YESTERDAY TIMED TO DISCREDIT THE MILITARY AND PRESIDENT BUSH...
A bogus ammo dump story headlining the news Monday was strategically timed to shift the vote to Senator John Forbes Kerry as individuals are filling out and mailing in absentee ballots or voting early. Sadly, voters may have been swayed in their presidential choice by untruths trumpeted by John Kerry himself in speeches and interviews this week. (Sound like the Clinton days all over again?) The fact is, the huge ammo dump was emptied and moved BEFORE Coalition troops arrived in Baghdad (just as weapons of mass destruction could have been moved). This was happening as President Bush was making final diplomatic attempts encouraging the international community to join the Coalition to oust the Iraqi dictator and murderous regime.

-------------------------------------------------------
This message is NOT from the Bush-Cheney campaign. I trust this message won't get blocked by those who disagree with the First Amendment, which was written specifically to protect free speech in the time of national elections.

PLEASE, GET OUT AND VOTE FOR PRESIDENT BUSH ON TUESDAY. THERE'S MORE AT STAKE THAN WE KNOW. DON'T CLOSE YOUR BLINDS. PASS THIS ON

mattyboy
10-28-2004, 08:52 AM
...and beer!!!

beer always makes bush look better !! it's the 3am syndrome I think :tongue:

Fish boy
10-28-2004, 09:01 AM
beer always makes bush look better !! it's the 3am syndrome I think :tongue:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Fish boy
10-28-2004, 09:13 AM
THis is a little eerie, but has been correct for 7 decades. Guess we will find out who will win the election this sunday..

7 decade correct election prediction event (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&e=1&u=/ap/redskins___politics)

Darrell
10-28-2004, 10:38 PM
I predict that the game will be a endless tie, and then at some point there will be touchdown that ends the game. Wait the call is under review, half the refs go for Green Bay and half say Redskins. The game is over since the game is being on Redskins field, the call goes to the Redskin. The Packers vow to win the next one. :)

Darrell

ToonaFish
10-29-2004, 09:11 AM
Darrell, I thought the referee was the brother of the Quarterback from Green Bay? :biggrin:

pmreed
10-29-2004, 09:01 PM
This poll is way more lopsided than Fish's poll a few weeks back. I'd like to think that some have changed their minds, but I suspect that's not the case. Has any member changed their mind either way? That might be an interesting poll...with I think no replies.

Phil

Darrell
10-31-2004, 05:45 PM
THis is a little eerie, but has been correct for 7 decades. Guess we will find out who will win the election this sunday..

7 decade correct election prediction event (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&e=1&u=/ap/redskins___politics)

Packers 24
Redskins 14

MissRepublican
10-31-2004, 05:50 PM
God, please encourage people to look into their hearts on election day, and help them to see through the false promises of a man who has lied about everything of import in his life, who has betrayed those beside whom he should have stood in unity; who has betrayed his faith.

Help them to see the truth. Help them to understand the faith, the honor, the integrity, and the works of the courageous Christian who holds our nation's highest office.

Lord, this man has proven, through his compassion, through his faith, through his strength in the face of horror, through his ability to stand firm in the face of the winds of changing public opinion, that he is a man willing to do what is right; that he is the man who is best to lead us.

Please save this nation from a Kerry presidency.

Amen.

BUIZILLA
10-31-2004, 05:59 PM
"This is the millennium for all trends to be broken." :chilipepp

Darrell
10-31-2004, 08:23 PM
"This is the millennium for all trends to be broken." :chilipepp

Red Sox "World Champs" ..... you may have something there.

Fish boy
10-31-2004, 10:54 PM
Packers 24
Redskins 14

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: