PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Offshore 2004

Lenny
10-21-2004, 01:07 AM
OK, I am coming down with a friend, (not my gal) and we are going to hit Key West and see this stuff. It is my FIRST time, yes I am a Virgin to Florida. :rolleyes:

Anyways, are there ANY DONZI folk that are planning to hit this event? I am all ears. We will have fun regardless, but I would realy love to meet some of the local folk and get an insight to their lives, living in this place.

Soooo, if anyone is interested, I would LOVE to hear from ya.

Lenny... :) I "think" we will be at the Hyatt.

ToonaFish
10-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Any chance of a layover in Atlanta?

Bunches,

Celene 'not that kind of a layover, heathens...'

fasttrucker
10-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Sloppy joes bar.See the street shows at sunset down by the pier,see the performing house cats.If you like *****.I mean kittys.Go see the gold from mel fishers museum.Go to jimmy buffets resturant.Lots of gays around if your into that.....I try not to laugh out loud.They have a hemingways look alike contest.Also a fantasy night when the ladys wear paint and run around.They also have a boat race. :rolleyes:

BUIZILLA
10-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Lenny, there's a really good restaurant right around the corner from Sloppy J's. Second floor is the eatery, top floor scenery might be clothing optional though, bring your fig leaf :hyper: ... a *certain* southermost hotel has a killer party on Sunday afternoon's, eye candy galore. ;)

anonymous :lifeprese

rchevelle71
10-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Come By and see us in the pits, P5-12, 24 Pantera, Kean Racing, although we probably wont be running the Pantera due to some rule changes, most likely have a purple 29 Activator "Offshore Addiction" F-1 boat converted for P-5. We should have plenty of FREE T-shirts to give away, so stop by for a Beer, and a shirt:beer:

Lenny
10-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Will do !!! thanx :)

Now, is there a "pass" or VIP ticket or something available to buy so that I can get into the Pits and look around?

rchevelle71
10-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Will do !!! thanx :)

Now, is there a "pass" or VIP ticket or something available to buy so that I can get into the Pits and look around?Here is a link to the SBI SIte for VIP, http://www.superboat.com/calendar/world/worldvip.html
but all it says is "coming soon". VIP may be needed to access the best viewing areas, but as far as I am concerned there are some Great Free viewing areas.

You should not need anything to access the pits, depends on the site, not SBI or APBA, some places charge a few $$ for access, but it usually goes to a good cause if they do. If you need help accessing the pits, give me a call when you get to the gate, and I'll try to get you in, but I am just a lowly trailer bitch for the team(although I did get my pic taken with Reggie Fountain on stage at Deerfield while we were receving the 1'st place trophy).

954-254-0414

Rick

gcarter
10-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Lenny, Key West has a long colorful history and one of the best ways to get an idea of the whole thing is the Conch Tour Train (no kidding!). Do yourself a favor and do it. :yes:

Lenny
10-24-2004, 01:12 AM
George, thanks for the info. I really want to take your advise, and if I was there for more than 2 1/2 days I would, and I am sure I would LOVE IT :) I trust your judgement and you are obviously well versed. :yes: I love learning new stuff about places and people, BUT, with only 2 1/2 days there, and it being my FIRST time in FLA, let alone Key West, I can't bring myself to do it. I have 2000 HP boats at one end of the road and I could not sell my house and be able to buy one. This is neat S H I T to me as a first timer. I have to spend every minute surrounded by this and the night life, the racers and their boats.

Next time, maybe in spring (May-ish)

Thanx for the info, it has been filed. :D

rchevelle71
10-25-2004, 09:23 AM
George, thanks for the info. I really want to take your advise, and if I was there for more than 2 1/2 days I would, and I am sure I would LOVE IT :) I trust your judgement and you are obviously well versed. :yes: I love learning new stuff about places and people, BUT, with only 2 1/2 days there, and it being my FIRST time in FLA, let alone Key West, I can't bring myself to do it. I have 2000 HP boats at one end of the road and I could not sell my house and be able to buy one. This is neat S H I T to me as a first timer. I have to spend every minute surrounded by this and the night life, the racers and their boats.

Next time, maybe in spring (May-ish)

Thanx for the info, it has been filed. :D
Definitely go, and take in as much race chit as you can handle, and then come back again in the off season with your woman, and do all of the tours, walking shopping, sunsets, all that crap, Not Just Key West, but all of the keys are freakin' awesome, Being so close to the Tiki Bar in Islamorada, Bahia Honda State park(great Camping), Marathon, and Key West, is the main reason it would take a LOT to make me leave South Florida!!! We go to almost all of the races in the Keys, but I also sometimes just pack the tent, or call one of the little chitty hotels in Marathon, and head down for the weekend with absolutely NO plans, and a FULL cooler:cool: .

DonziChick
10-27-2004, 10:29 AM
I came very close to going this year with some friends, but alas I decided to be responsible and save my money :(

Have fun and take lots of pics!

Lenny
10-27-2004, 10:31 AM
:( :( :(

DonziChick
10-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Lenny you're testing my sense of repsonsibility here! :banghead: (a major reason I decided not to go is lack of a place to stay that was decent.)

Lenny
10-28-2004, 05:04 PM
We have a pull out hide-a-bed that is available for Friday night. We have two SEPARATE beds in the loft. (Me and Gerry, NOT your Jerry) Accomodations are TIGHT, and when we booked this morning we had this above scenario for two nights, only to find that we now have it for one. So, on the Saturday night, we have one Queen bed, two guys and a chair. We are fighting over the chair. I could care less, it is all fun. And I am sure the Saturday eve sleep will be measured in minutes :D

You are more than welcome to the pull-out on Friday eve if you like. Saturday, well, we could hang like bats :)

Gerry and I could also sleep on the floor. No biggy.

Accomodations are sure tight in Key West at this time of year :eek:

Lenny
10-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Also, Cherie is watching for ANY cancellations and if ANYTHING comes up in the next 3 weeks for Saturday night to make our stay a bit less vertical she will grab it for us :yes:

Lenny
10-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Also, Cherie is watching for ANY cancellations and if ANYTHING comes up in the next 3 weeks for Saturday night to make our stay a bit less vertical she will grab it for us :yes:

Just got a one bedroom(queen) for two nights, c/w a pull-out bed as well. So there is room for a couple more people if anyone is interested. :)

Lenny
10-28-2004, 08:34 PM
:cistineb:

Point noted ;)

You only live once, and it might be the only time I ever get there.

I'll take my chances ;)

...chastity belt in rear...

boxy
10-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Accomodations are sure tight in Key West at this time of year :eek:
Lenny you'd better hope they're tight when you leave too ..... :eek: :eek: