PDA

View Full Version : Maybe selling my 1987 Z-33 with trailer.... "maybe"

TEAMPSI
10-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Hello everyone and how are you. I have a 1987 Z-33 that I am thinking of selling. This boat is in great shape and has been well taken care of... the engine hour meter shows 380. The paint looks good... probably an 8 out of 10. The bottom of the boat has been cleaned and is ready for a new coat of under sealant if you’re going to store it in the water.

All electrical equipment works on this boat!!! The twin bolsters are electric and yes, they work as well. Comes with an onboard battery charger, etc..etc.. I tested all of the lights, they work. I tested the rear trim tabs, they work.

Story on this Donzi... Original owner of this Z-33 passed away about 2 years ago. The old man left this boat to his grandson... but sat in the water for about a year during the processing of the will. During this year... the boat was never started... just sat in a wet dock in NJ. The grandson knew very little about boats so he decided to sell it. The boat was sold to a guy in VA... that is where the below picture was taken. Real good guy I met up with a short time ago... He had it for about a year and did not touch it... just did not have the time. I bought it from him a few weeks ago. I live in South Carolina... so I had to tow the boat about 7 hours to get it back. Trailer worked great... all lights work, breaks work, etc..etc..

Now I am gearing up to restore it.... but before I do, I wanted to offer it as-is first. The wife is on me to fix up the house among other things... so selling it as-is would get me out of hot water with her. Otherwise, I'll continue to sleep in the yard and work on the boat in my spare time.

Both Motors are still in the boat (Merc 454 Mag), but have been taken apart. I still have most everything but the heads. In my opinion, the drives (Alpha) and transoms need to be replaced or changed out with Bravo drives. If you remember right... < 1987 is the most sought after year for the Z-33... Donzi still had ownership in 87 and hand built all of their Donzi's. In 88 Donzi was taken over by OMC, which did nothing for their quality. In 88, OMC tried to automate the building process and really muddied the waters with quality issues. I welcome inspections, etc...etc.. This Donzi is built like a tank and the stringers are very strong. Again, I welcome any inspections before purchase.

Looking for $15,000 or trade for???? The NADA value on this boat is 32K without the trailer. That does not take into account how rare it is to find an available 1987 Donzi Z-33.

If you have any questions you can e-mail me at

Thanks again everyone!

Q

http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/7e/42/69_1_b.JPG

westwick99
10-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey, DonziGo- Are you seeing this?
It looks like something right up your alley. Nice looking chance to get a great rig with not a whale of a lot of work...

Trueser
10-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Teampsi,
Give me a call.

Mike 708.912.8224

TEAMPSI
10-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Teampsi,
Give me a call.

Mike 708.912.8224

Looking forward to the pictures Mike.

Trueser
10-21-2004, 10:39 AM
You have MAIL

TEAMPSI
10-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Hello guys and how are you. Thanks for all of the good questions. At this point... I am jumping in head first.... the Z-33 is being picked up today and will be under reconstruction for the next 6 months. Goes to the gellcoat man this afternoon... changing the color from:
:uzi: Teal

to YELLOW.

ALL Gellcoat..no Earl Shives paint job.

I also bought a pair of 502 EFI motors for it... will be working on them over winter.

Wish me luck.. I'm going to need it. :wavey:

Q