PDA

View Full Version : Need price advise on 97 22 Classic

JAM
10-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Hello,
I have a 1997 Donzi Classic and I would like to know what a fair asking price would be for it. The boat is a 22 classic with a 454 and a Bravo 1, with a Mirage 25 prop. It is White with a Teal stripe and gray snap in carpet. It is in excellent condition and shows beautifully. Eagle trailer in matching teal is included. It has been garaged on the trailer when not in use since new, never sat out or in the water over night. All serviced since new, it is in top shape. I have personally known this boat from new. It belonged to the owner of a local Donzi dealer who I know very well, and he had the boat from 97-00 as his personal boat on a small lake in upstate NY until he sold it to an older gentleman locally. 2nd owner passed away this spring and I purchased it. I am now planning a move from NY to FL and I will not be able to take the boat with me. I have looked around some in boat trader and NADA, but I am trying to get an idea of a realistic price to ask, so any advice is greatly welcomed.

Regards,
Joe

Formula Jr
10-15-2004, 10:51 PM
I'll give ya 8K for it........:boat:

The other 10K will need to go for gas.......
:party:

Walt. H.
10-16-2004, 01:42 AM
Hi Joe,

Based on the price you paid for it this past spring, doesn't that give you an idea what to ask for it now? It will be considered a year older for this coming season to the next owner, so if your purchase price was low taking it off the hands of the widow consider that you had the boat for free this season and theres your asking price.
I'm outside of Kinston, NY where are you located? I might be interested in taking a look this time of year if the price is right.
Also which 454 does it have and is it carburated or injected (EFI)

Walt :checkered

Dr. Dan
10-16-2004, 08:16 AM
:wavey: Valuation on any used boat is totally subjective....so its awkward to make a focused and definitive dollar amount...to the boat without pics and some more info!

I would suggest that an EFI motor would push the numbers up slightly...but frankly....we see more MPI 502's and Carberated 454's and they all seem to hold their value well if they have been maintained.

I would guess a range of value for this boat would be in the low to mid $20's( 23-25K) if it was in steller shape you could argue into the 27 range...unfortunately...I have seen a ton of very nice boats for sale this year and with 502 MPI's and they have gone for 24 to 26,000. These boats were in range of your model year....and great condition. I mention this because the 502 is a very desirable power package in a 22 Classic :smash:

So this would represent a higher potential "actual market value"....on the flip side of the coin...I have also had friends get low 20's for their 93 and 94 Classics...so it's a dynamic market.

If ya have specific questions....pm me....

Doc :rlol:
Partial to the Teal Side of Things :wavey:

www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

JAM
10-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Here are a couple pictures of my boat. It is a carburated version. It is pictured here about to get its fall service and detail before storage.
http://members.aol.com/jam1176/donzi2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/jam1176/donzi3.jpg

boxy
10-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Joe, how far upstate are you :D , I'm going to be in the 1000 Islands all week. Looking at your picture, I'd guess somewhere on the shore of Lake Ontario ?

JAM
10-17-2004, 11:38 AM
I live in Orchard Park, NY... it is about 10 minutes south of Buffalo. I will post the boat for sale this eve for anyone interested! Thanks for the info from everyone...

JAM
10-29-2004, 01:27 AM
I have placed my 22 Classic in the Donzi For Sale section. Here is a link to those interested, and thanks for the help!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37184