PDA

View Full Version : Any 25Z owners out there?

Gulfbum
10-15-2004, 08:19 AM
I was just wondering if there was any 25Z owners out there or is that a bad boat? Just curious. :biggrin:

Donzigo
10-15-2004, 10:33 AM
I owned a Z-25 and totally refurbished it over the 10 years I owned it. It's one of the best examples of this model in the country - IMHO, and now owned by a prince of a guy in Vermont, Dennis Bosch.

I am presently refurbishing a 1989 Z-33, (see changes to Big D).

I have been through the Z-25 literally from front to back. What questions do you have? I love the Z boats. Fishboy's family has a great looking Z-25, too.

You aren't too far away from us; so, come ride with us some weekend.

Richard
727-867-7020

Gulfbum
10-18-2004, 07:15 AM
I would like to do that sometime. Right now I am getting it back in shape and would be ashamed to be seen on the water with it....lol. It looks like one big chalk board right now but I will give you all a shout when I get it into decent shape. No I was just wondering if anyone owned one because I haven't seen anyone talking about that model in the threads since I came on here. All I have heard is about the outdrive problems with the big Ford motor in it which I have. Thanks again for your response.

Frank:wavey:

Fish boy
10-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Hey gulfbum, I am only about 2 hrs to the west of you. you can come over and take a look is you want, it only has about 100hours since new and always been under cover. Took it to the hometown rally two weeks ago. Might be able to answer a question or two, but clearly do not have the experience donzigo has. IMHO, great boat! Congrats.

if you need pics of anything let me know.

fish

zzrhino
10-18-2004, 08:19 AM
As donzigo said the Z25 is a great boat ,The time spent to fix up is well worth the fun on the water!!Good luck ZZRHINO :outtahere :outtahere

Gulfbum
10-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Well both your boats have the same colors as mine. The only difference fishboy is that mine has a hatch and portholes on it. I hope mine looks as good as the both of yours when I am done. Oxidation on the outside and mildew on the inside have taken over. Like I said it is a 1989 year boat with 220 hours on it. I can't wait to get it out on the water and I would love to come over and take it out on a ride with you all over there.

wytmike
10-18-2004, 12:00 PM
We've had ours since 1987 and it has been a great boat. Not alot of them out there. Good luck with your restoration.

Mike

Gulfbum
10-19-2004, 07:58 AM
The exhaust manifolds are plugged from metal rusting inside them. I am trying to replace them and they say at the parts house it will take 6 months to get them. I can't believe that so does anyone know where I could get them quicker?
The motor is a 1989 460 ci Ford. The part number for the manifolds is 984681. The cost I was quoted was $1400. Thanks for any help.

Greg K
10-19-2004, 01:58 PM
A pair of exhaust manifolds should only cost around $800 unless they quoted you the elbows on top as well which would add $400 to the total.

Legend
01-16-2005, 08:30 PM
As donzigo said the Z25 is a great boat ,The time spent to fix up is well worth the fun on the water!!Good luck ZZRHINO :outtahere :outtahere
Hey ZZRHINO

Do you still have the 25Z anf if so can you post some more pics. I am in the process of purchasing one. What were the color options from the factory and what kind of speed does she get.
Many Thanks

Legend

Donzigo
01-16-2005, 10:52 PM
They orginally came in Red, Yellow, Blue & maybe Teal.

The speed is 60 mph.

tlmalone
10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
I've had a yellow, Z25 for about 7 yrs or so, and since I bought it started producing kids, and NEVER use it...so was thinking of selling it. It has about 325hrs on it, 454, very clean, kept inside a Boatel last couple years. All pretty much stock except the SS prop. Willing to let it go for 13k, and curious if this is too much or too cheap. I can send pics, and will post some as soon as I get home, posting this from work, since I just found this site! love this boat, hate to sell, but willing to send to a good home.

Donzigo
10-22-2007, 11:10 PM
If your boat is is pretty good shape, that price is about right. the issues that someone will have to face is that they will most certainly need a new fuel tank and a new set of exhaust manifolds and risers. ($3,000) Then, there are other things.

if the boat has a trailer, your price is even better. I think that it depends on what shape it's in. Post a few pictures in the for sale section and you will get some comments that are constructive and you can go from there.

Call me if I can be of assistance to you.

727-867-7020

StefanM
02-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Hello there

I bought a Z25 -89 a few mounths ago and just started to refurbish it.
I have sold the OMC combination and bought a new built Merc 454 Magnum and Bravo 1. Engine is a little bit updated with different pistons, camshaft, manifold etc., seller says 450hp, i will found out about that later.
I´m rebuilding the engine room completely and my plan is to mount the sterndrive 2.5 inches higher than original. Otherwise my goal is to make the boat look like when it just left the factory.
Can anybody tell me where I can find a new gas spring (to the hatch) and a new glass to the front lantern. They are a bit hard to find here in Sweden.

Regards
Stefan

The Hedgehog
02-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Hello there

I bought a Z25 -89 a few mounths ago and just started to refurbish it.
I have sold the OMC combination and bought a new built Merc 454 Magnum and Bravo 1. Engine is a little bit updated with different pistons, camshaft, manifold etc., seller says 450hp, i will found out about that later.
I´m rebuilding the engine room completely and my plan is to mount the sterndrive 2.5 inches higher than original. Otherwise my goal is to make the boat look like when it just left the factory.
Can anybody tell me where I can find a new gas spring (to the hatch) and a new glass to the front lantern. They are a bit hard to find here in Sweden.

Regards
Stefan

Stephan, sounds like you have a neat boat. There may a few that can help you out. Maybe the technical section.

Do you have any pics of your project?

StefanM
02-24-2008, 04:38 AM
I just have to figure out how.....

StefanM
02-24-2008, 04:42 AM
Here are some more

StefanM
02-24-2008, 04:47 AM
The progress so far.
Right now I´m waiting for warmer weather before i can start the plastic/glassfibre work.

The Hedgehog
02-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Nice looking project. Keep us posted.

You may want to post that specific question directly on the technical section. I would think that one of the guys that has re-done one of these would know,

StefanM
09-21-2008, 09:58 AM
I havent been here for a while....

Here are some pics from when I rebult the engineroom this spring.

StefanM
09-21-2008, 10:14 AM
I have been participating i two Poker runs and three other powerboat meetings this summer, my best boating year so far.

Top speed 55 knots (Mirage 23plus@5000rpm).
For next year I want to buy a Bravo 1, 24.

Now the season is over in Sweden so my boat is back home.

See you later.
Stefan