PDA

View Full Version : 454 MAG MPI Complete Drop In (OF37.. block)

TEAMPSI
10-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Hello everyone and how are you. Up for graps is a newly rebuilt 454 MAG MPI complete drop in. I bought this motor for a single engine boat project... but sold the boat and bought a Z-33 with space for twins..... so now I need to sell this and am looking for a twin big block set up. This engine was rebuilt about one year ago (30 over)... the guy I bought it off of said that the engine ran ruff and after only a few hours of use... he pulled the engine and replaced with a different power set up. I have inspected the engine and everything looks great. It does fire up, but runs ruff as noted. Everything is included that you see in the picture... MPI system, risers, complete drop in from intake to oil pan. Shoot me a solid cash offer to quint@teampsi.com I am also open to trades... I am looking for twin big blocks (EFI) and I am switching to Bravo drives... so anything along those lines is fair game! P.S. the engine is an "OF37..." engine code.

http://www.speedwake.com/classifieds/images/5964581.jpg

Donzigo
10-13-2004, 11:48 PM
I do have a Z-33 with 454's. It's a great set-up.

Things those interested in this engine might want to know:

a. An explanation of the rust on the pullys and alternator. Looks to be salt water.

b. Hours on engine and hours & age of exhaust manifolds, particularly if they were exposed to salt.

c. Looks to be a non-vortec engine, from the pulley set-up, with fuel injection? Perhaps a Gen-4 or 5? True?

d. Runs rough at idle? Or at what speed? On bench or in boat?

e. What do you think you want for it? Asking for an offer on an engine that can't be seen or heard, given the "rough" sound, (and that could be almost anything), is asking a lot. You'd be better served to let us know what you think it's worth. That way you wouldn't be offended if someone didn't want to take a chance on it and made you a low offer.

TEAMPSI
10-14-2004, 09:47 AM
I do have a Z-33 with 454's. It's a great set-up.

What kind of top speed have you seen with your 454's? Are they carb or EFI?

Things those interested in this engine might want to know:

a. An explanation of the rust on the pullys and alternator. Looks to be salt water.

This is simple to explane.. When the engine runs, the belts rub the paint off of the inside of the pully... all engines do this. The engine has been sitting for a few months without opperation. By sitting without operation, you can see some minimal surface rust start to form. This same type of situation happens to the disk breaks on your car when you have not driven it for over a week. Pretty comon.

b. Hours on engine and hours & age of exhaust manifolds, particularly if they were exposed to salt.

This engine is orginally from NJ and came out of a 27 foot Baha. Rebuilt once to 30 over only a year or so ago. The original owner paid about 10K to have this motor rebuilt... after the installed the motor he tried it out only for a few hours and said it ran ruff. That is all I know about the motor. I took the plugs out but was unable to see into the cylinder... I wanted to get a look at the walls, but no dice. The engine itself looks like brand new... not a scratch on the manifold, no chiped paint on the engine, no signs of water damage anywhere. Worse case senerio... and I mean really worse case, the buyer would have to put new rings in it. My guess is that it was sucking water through one of the manifolds which would make it run ruff. In that case, you would need to re-gasket the exhaust manifolds.

c. Looks to be a non-vortec engine, from the pulley set-up, with fuel injection? Perhaps a Gen-4 or 5? True?

I looked on the net and the OF37 engine code is for 1996 style engines if I remember right.

d. Runs rough at idle? Or at what speed? On bench or in boat?

See "b" above for more detail

e. What do you think you want for it? Asking for an offer on an engine that can't be seen or heard, given the "rough" sound, (and that could be almost anything), is asking a lot. You'd be better served to let us know what you think it's worth. That way you wouldn't be offended if someone didn't want to take a chance on it and made you a low offer.

Good point. I would like to see this engine sell for $,3,995.00

From what I have seen them going for... that is a fair price, even if it does need some work (worse case). I am also open to trades or outright cash deals.
Thanks Donzigo for the questions, very well thought out.

Thanks again everyone and if you have any questions please let me know.

Q

TEAMPSI
10-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Here is the block casting number and info I got off of the net...

10114182...454..........4-bolt, Gen.V