PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Members...

Fish boy
10-13-2004, 06:55 PM
ANyone in the canton Ohio area that might be able to look at a boat for me? I am leaning towards getting on a plane this weekend and coming up there, but it is a heck of a trip to find out that the boat has problems.

Thanks in advance,

fish

boldts
10-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Fish,

Canton is about 2.5 hrs. North of me here in Columbus. I'm no expert in boat construction or fiberglass. Maybe I could get some pics for you though.

Fish boy
10-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Fish,

Canton is about 2.5 hrs. North of me here in Columbus. I'm no expert in boat construction or fiberglass. Maybe I could get some pics for you though.

hey scott, thank you for the offer but the boat is probably not worth a 2.5 hour drive. I really do appreciate your offering to check it out though.

fish

ITTLFLI
10-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Sorry Fishboy but that is a 4+ hour ride for us here in cincy! A little more notice and I could maybe do it in the future. I travel up that way 2x a month.

Byron

Fish boy
10-15-2004, 08:12 AM
Thanks anyway Byron but not sure the boat is worth a 4 hour drive to check out. I already talked to a guy who looked at it before, so I feel a little better now, but still a long way away. Wish it was in my neck of the woods, it would most likely already be in my driveway. :bonk:

Rootsy
10-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Fishboy,

give Smoothie a hollar.. he lives in the area...

ITTLFLI
10-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks anyway Byron but not sure the boat is worth a 4 hour drive to check out. I already talked to a guy who looked at it before, so I feel a little better now, but still a long way away. Wish it was in my neck of the woods, it would most likely already be in my driveway. :bonk:

I am tentatively scheduled to head up that way 10/28-29. If your still interested let me know.

Byron

smoothie
10-16-2004, 09:08 AM
I was out of town the past few days, Im about 15 minutes away from canton,give me a call !

cell 1-330-819-9942
home 1-330-832-4456

Fish boy
10-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Hey smoothie, thanks for the offer. I actually got in touch with a few people who already looked at the boat and they were able to give me the skinny on the boat. got a bunch of pics too. I really appreciate the offer though, the people here rock!

The seller is going to meet me half way with it. Picking it up next Saturday in Charlotte NC WoooHoooo! THis boat is sick!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Rootsy
10-17-2004, 10:50 AM
so give us some details already fish! sheesh!!!!!!

JR

Fish boy
10-17-2004, 10:59 AM
so give us some details already fish! sheesh!!!!!!

JR

Here is a hint...

boxy
10-17-2004, 11:03 AM
STV, Mirage, or QuarterShot ..... ????

Fish boy
10-17-2004, 11:06 AM
another hint...

Fish boy
10-17-2004, 11:07 AM
STV, Mirage, or QuarterShot ..... ????

Getting warmer...

boxy
10-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Fish, It's going to be tough to crack, you didn't ask for help in the most likely place..... afraid of poachers :D

Fish boy
10-17-2004, 11:28 AM
poachers around here??? ;) LOL Actually, I am not sure this boat is the "cup of tea" for most of the folks here, but who knows. Just could not work out delivery this weekend so will hav to wait for next weekend.

I should be able to get some good shots of the front of other people's boats... just doubt I will be seeing much of the back anymore. hehehe

here is another hint...

boxy
10-17-2004, 11:31 AM
poachers around here??? ;) LOL Actually, I am not sure this boat is the "cup of tea" for most of the folks here, but who knows. Just could not work out delivery this weekend so will hav to wait for next weekend.

I should be able to get some good shots of the front of other people's boats... just doubt I will be seeing much of the back anymore. hehehe

here is another hint...
Actually I meant I couldn't find where you asked for any help on screamandfly, and I thought you were afraid of Poachers there :D

Fish boy
10-17-2004, 11:37 AM
true! definitely some poachers there but I guess it can happen anywhere. Might even bring it to palatka this year... Geoo, you still in town? LOL

Greg K
10-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Looks like a STV Euro.
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=542878

boxy
10-17-2004, 11:42 AM
You've cropped just enough to make it tough, but I do like the fact that the speedo is mounted with 90mph at 12:00 :eek:

Fish boy
10-17-2004, 11:46 AM
another hint...

here is a really cool shot of the same boat as mine owned by a guy named Helmut. THis was taken last weekend at the Jasper National Drags by a guy who hung off the back with a camera going about a bajillion mph (give or take a zillion).

Fish boy
10-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Looks like a STV Euro.
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=542878

we have a winner! Not the fastest of the STV's, but here is a dash shot of Helmuts tattle tale gauges after a run with 4 guys (one over 300 lbs), full of fuel, full cooler, and lots of camera equipment from last weekend..

I will be happy if I can get close to this without the extra 800-1000lbs

ToonaFish
10-17-2004, 12:28 PM
I should be able to get some good shots of the front of other people's boats... just doubt I will be seeing much of the back anymore.

And now that you've thoroughly challenged the boating Gods...

Congratulations!

Bunches,

Celene 'hitchiking?'

Fish boy
10-17-2004, 12:55 PM
thanks Toona. The way I look at it, the boating gods are already pissed at me since they never let me come back to the dock unless my boat has a rope attached to the back of Budmann's boat. May as well mix in a few triple digit boating excursions to make up for the 3 mph rides home. ;)

Fish boy
10-17-2004, 04:07 PM
It does have enough storage for a tow rope right?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bring it to Palatka.. Lake George was the downfall of the STV crowd last time, lets see if she cooperates this year :D :D :D

gonna have to make room for the rope- gotta have the necessities LOL

Yep, Lake George can get pretty rough but I don't think the stv handling the chop kept the S&F crowd from running the lake... I think the chop spilling their drinks kept them from running the lake ;)

Budmann
10-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Da,Da,Da,damn bro!!! That thing is sweet!!!! Don't worry... it still has that same "Temporary Power" on the back. Hey I have an idea... lets put a big block in it so we can both have a fun weekend in Palatka.LOL

all kidin aside, its sweet!!!

Fish boy
10-22-2004, 05:53 PM
LOL, I am thinking, we both take off at the same time, I leave you in the rooster tail, and break about 15 minutes away. WHen you get there 30 minutes later, I will toss you a rope and we can get back to boating as usual.

BTW, leaving in 10 minutes to go get the stv. :D :D WIll post picks later.

fish