PDA

View Full Version : It even happens to Bill Gates

Fish boy
10-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Anyone who has ever received the blue screen of death from a windows crash will get a kick out of this one...

Blue Screen of death (http://www.big-boys.com/articles/windowscrash.html)

txtaz
10-13-2004, 10:01 AM
What many people don't know is that MS has used the same OS core from WinNT 4, for their other OS's untill XP. They would modify the user interface (GUI) and disable some of the features in order for people to upgrade if they were in a networked environment. Most of the BSOD's were caused by a page fault. Which really is incorrect. A page fault is where the OS is looking for a "page" of memory from the swap file (hard drive). When it cannot find it, it sends back a page not found which to the OS does not create a problem. But for some reason MS blames it on something other than their OS.
It's too bad I have integrity, otherwise I could be a bazillionaire also.
I only use XP. It is a stable platform. So after spending money on MS for 10 years, I finally get something that works. ONE note to those thinking of upgrading, to update all of the patches you need, you NEED to have a broadband connection. Some of the updates are as big as 80 Meg. Try that on a 56K modem.
Hope this helps someone,
Wes