PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Vs. Yankees

DONZI
10-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Red Sox vs. Yankees. A.L.C.S..
It's the talk of the town! Little kids,Grandmothers, they are all on the same subject.Boston is a buzzin.It's an exciting time here. The ultimate rivalry! http://www.letsrumble.com/
Who do you think will take it ?

What curse ? Never heard of it.

Home of the Superbowl Champion New England Patriots.
19 Consecutive wins !

Patti
10-10-2004, 05:24 PM
The Yankees of course :biggrin.:

MissRepublican
10-10-2004, 06:41 PM
The thing about being a lifelong Red Sox fan is that it teaches us not to talk trash. I think the Sox will win, but I say that every year....:crossfing

Pats are undefeated...

BUIZILLA
10-10-2004, 06:49 PM
we need a third choice here...

is Nader available?? Perot maybe?? Pat Paulson? Griswold?

mattyboy
10-10-2004, 07:34 PM
umm I think the

J E T S

are also undefeted

sould be an interesting series the yanks are not firing on all cylinders, and the Sox are rolloing along , but it is now October when the wind has a bitter bite and the seasons change, the ghost of octobers past once again take the field,
now taking the mound oil can booooooyyyyyd, how sweet would it be to see Roger Clemens crying again in a NY dugout after not winning a world series??? but i won't rush that revenge till we deal with our perennial foes, I believe the Babe has just called for a round, we know this will be a 7 games series, think I'll watch a tape tonite
How bout NO NO NANETTE, spirits are stirring in the south bronx, baseball can it get any better?? :beer:

my prediction Bernie Willams will be the B in Bostons bonnet

hell my Giants are 4-1 :propeller

Ps all you sunshine boys want a 3rd choice stick with Hotlanta they seem to always get it done???
what are the marlins and rays parking cars down there or what by now ;)

ToonaFish
10-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Ps all you sunshine boys want a 3rd choice stick with Hotlanta they seem to always get it done???
what are the marlins and rays parking cars down there or what by now ;)

Thank you, Mattty. Shall I call you from the game? :party: :yippie: :crossfing :wavey:

DONZI
10-11-2004, 09:10 AM
M.P.- Who cares ? :smile: :smile: Bostonians sure do ! We've been in kinda of a drought for a while. 1918 :eek: Oh yeah. We have football also. :smile:
http://cachewww.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=GeneralNewsDetail&PID=9246&PCID=41

Miss Rep.- No trash talkin here.I know better also.
Matty,This should be a great series.The Jets will be a good game also.

Buzz- To heck with the politics.They just seem to toss out constant lies to each other.Its to the point of turning off all the voters.

BUIZILLA
10-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Buzz- To heck with the politics.They just seem to toss out constant lies to each other.Its to the point of turning off all the voters.
ya know, I gotta really agree with you on this...

the passing of Superman sure overshadowed the politics of the day.... the epitome of courage has moved on.. :boggled: :bawling:

JH

Digger
10-11-2004, 07:13 PM
I hope the Sox win, because I have to hope the Sox win. I was born in Boston. My bus route passed Fenway, twice a day, every school day all through grade school. They'll always be my team, win or lose.

Yankees? An undisputably great team. A dynasty. So many legends, and not an easy out anywhere in todays lineup. Gotta respect them.

But then, when is the last time the Yankees had fun, as a team, playing ball? Their dugout looks like a meeting of stiff CEO's. Watch the antics in the Sox dugout every game, it'll make you laugh. The Sox still know how to have fun. Because no matter what the stakes, in the end, no matter how much the money says it is, it's not a business. It's a game of hit, run, and catch.

Woodsy
10-11-2004, 09:09 PM
We... The Red Sox Nation know pain! Its hard not to root for the underdog Red Sox. They will be battling the Evil Empire, NY Yankees for the umpteenth time since the NY Highlanders became the NY Yankees in 1913. Shortly thereafter in 1920, with the rivalry already well established, one of the most vile events in Red Sox history occurred. The Red Sox traded the Babe, destined to be one of the most storied players in baseball history, George Herman Ruth to NY for a paltry some of $125,000 cash and $350,000 mortgage on beloved Fenway Park! ( I guess even back then the NY Yankees had the most cash) Shortly thereafter in 1921 the NY Yankees clinched thier first American League Pennant. On April 18th, 1923, the Red Sox lost to the Yankees on the opening day of the brand new Yankee Stadium. The rest is storied history... If the Yankess didn't beat us and go on to the World Series, we beat ourselves. In 1975, when I was just an impressionable kid, we lost the the World Series to the Cincinnati Reds in 7 games... but still, being young I had faith that maybe next year... I said that alot.... Then came the banner year of 1978... it was a hot August, we had Don Zimmer as the manager, a 14 1/2 game lead on the Evil Empire, and all was right with my world! Then it all fell apart... the Yankees somehow (I still think they sold out to satan) overcame that deficit, and tied the my beloved team for the season at 99-63. So we had to have a one game playoff... at Fenway! Needless to say it was a heady time for Red Sox Nation, I skipped school to watch this game on tv! Then, at top of the 7th inning he came to bat... he being Bucky Dent... a light hitting Yankees shortstop, a veritable nobody in baseball, the type of player whose baseball card you put against the spokes of your bike to sound like motorcycle, hits a 3 run homer over the green monster... only his 5th home run of the year! There are some that swear they saw the ghost of Babe Ruth in the fuzzy picture of the tv that day. I too believe he was there laughing... But I still desperately clung to the faith that there was hope, and maybe next year would be the year for my beloved Red Sox! It was an eight year drought, but the 86 Red Sox looked pretty good all season, won the ALCS and went on to face the NY Mets for the Championship Series! WOOHOO! The Red Sox nation is excited! Its our best chance yet! October 25th, 1986... a game forever burned into the tortured souls that comprise Red Sox fans... The Sox lead the series 3-2, bottom of the 10th inning, Bob "Jelly Donut" Stanley on the mound... we are ONE count 'em ONE strike away from winning it all... the emotion level is intolerable, truly I started weeping, because for once it seemed like there was no way to lose.... enter the ghost of that F#@KING George Herman Ruth.... here's the pitch, Mookie Wilson hits a dribbler up the first base line.... right thru the legs of one Billy (I can't play first base) Buckner... scoring a win for the Mets, who, get this, went on to win Game 7. a kid playing street lot baseball could have fielded that ball... BUT I'M NOT BITTER! Well ya, actually I am STILL bitter about that one... I mean come on... 1 freakin strike away! How hard can that possibly be?

So here we are again... 18 years later playing the Evil Empire for a chance at the World Series... and STILL I BELIEVE! Go SOX!

Woodsy Von Outboard

PS: The line in Vegas is 5:1 Armeggedon will occur if it ever boils down to a Red Sox / Cubs World Series....

McGary911
10-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Hmmm..Guess who this disgruntled Met fan went with? :)

It's Jet season anyway.......At least for us Met fans it is!!

ToonaFish
10-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Heck, even the threat of jail couldn't keep us in the game tonight! Oh well.

Bunches,

Celene 'basket weaving AND yoga?'

ChromeGorilla
10-12-2004, 07:59 AM
26 titles in 100 years...nuff said......LONG LIVE THE EVIL EMPIRE!

Whats the difference between a Yankee stadium hot dog and a Fenway frank?.......You can get a yankee stadium hot dog in the end of October.

Gotta love the letter B... #2 just like the Red Sux

Babe Ruth
Bucky Dent
Bill Buckner
Aaron $&*#@% Boone

Hey Pedro.... who's your daddy?!?!?!?!

CG must now prepare to celebrate excessively tonight.......

And on a side note........ J E T S jets, jets, jets 4-0.....look out Pats.......

mattyboy
10-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Digger,
you play for fun, we'll play for championships ;) :)
if you want to see or have fun in NY baseball you're a met fan!!! :eek: :p

Woodsy great post!!!
I remember it almost the same way, ;) well not really ;)

in the Bronx skipping and school had a hole nother meaning,
and it was a Yaz, or a Fisk card that was run thru the spokes
( If I could go back in time this is the one thing I would change I ran atleast 50 seaver and ryan rookie cards thru the spokes who knows what other valuable cards :( )

baseball in Oct , gettting of the subway walking home, the groups that never really got along, oldtimers, punks sitting on the corner listening to it on the radio or watching thru a window at a TV shop, the crowd outside the local pub,
cheering, booing, it was like a block party

Thanks for the memory Woodsy

I wish they would bring back day games in the LCS and series
my kids are usually asleep by the time the 7th inning rolls around, MLB is loosing their future fans, robbing the kids of their future memories

yup baseball is fun this time of the year,
lot of stories going on , with the astros winning could the babe be looking for revenge on Clemmens for leaving us, or will the rocket come back and stop the sox ( if they get by the Yanks) once again from baseball holy grail.

pretzles beer check
GAME ON

good luck

AquaV
10-12-2004, 10:29 AM
My 2 cents.

Since I am from Laconia, I have a soft spot for the Red Sox, but let's face it... whoever ends up going to the end of the series....Houston will have your ass.

Awwww yeah 'stros!!!!

-A

Digger
10-12-2004, 07:00 PM
roger that Matty, but I would rather have fun AND win championships. :p

you're right tho, we are driving kids away from the game... mostly because you cant afford to take a family to the game these days .... we're all too busy lining the owners and players pockets with way too much freakin cash!

boxy
10-12-2004, 08:23 PM
As a hockey loving Canadian, could somebody please explain to me how Kurt Schilling exactly plans on making 55,000 Yankee fans shut up.......... :D
Looks like it is going to be a short night for Kurt, and a long night for the Sox...

TuxedoPk
10-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Game 1, 3rd Inning: Yanks fall prey to Boston's master plan of tiring them out by making them keep running round the bases and crossing home plate :)

MissRepublican
10-13-2004, 07:42 PM
As a hockey loving Canadian
Speaking of money-grubbing players....the NHLPA makes me want to toss my cookies. I didn't watch baseball for YEARS after the strike...and I LOVE hockey, but the NHL players ass'n can kiss my patootie. I'm done with them. I hope some of them actually have to WORK for a living this winter!

mattyboy
10-15-2004, 09:03 PM
the heart of the rivalry, some of the stories that have lead us to this

1. Fenway was a lucky place until 1919. the sox never lost
2. the babe nuff said
3. the first world series won by the yankees in 1923 had 14 former red sox members all hand pick by the yankee GM who of course was a former sox GM
4. the 2 teams have had superstars in the same position at the same time, williams - dimaggio, munson - fisk, mantle -yaz, jeter - nomar,
5.some sox find their way to the evil empire and like it
ruth, lyle, boggs, clemens, but the reverse is not true ask mike torres about bucky dent
6.the 1978 season etched the curse in stone, the 2003 season made it the main attraction at Ripley's believe it or not
7. never before has a team been so blessed or cursed, close but no cigar, the bills and the vikes somewhat but on a smaller scale, the cubs rarely make the playoffs, the mets and the jets have at least one gaurantee and a miricle ;)
8. Nu yorkas are demanding bastards we always expect the prize, but some now have made "I don't care about the series just as long as we beat Boston" a mantra! does the same hold true in Bean town??? I think not
9. I have a new respect for sox fans, hope springs eternal
10. I'm glad the game tonite was canceled, all I could see was an ex-con on a john deere blasting out onto a muddy field to bring Arroyo a dry talc bag ;) oops wrong sport
11. man i wanted to watch baseball tonite i guess the vcr will get game 6 of 86 or game 7 of 2003, I could go to the Bird hi-light tape but my Celtics are a long way aways.

TuxedoPk
10-16-2004, 09:50 AM
And the #1 difference between Yankee hotdogs and Fenway hotdogs?....

You can always (almost) get a hotdog at Yankee stadium in October :outtahere

mattyboy
10-17-2004, 07:58 AM
(in my best Darth Vadar voice)
Pedro I am your father
the evil empire has landed a terrible blow 19-8 :eek:
as warner wolf says" if you took boston and 12 points , you lost
sunday's game will be ugly has to be atleast one brawl

getting out the brooms????

DONZI
10-18-2004, 06:25 AM
We are still barely breathing. :umbrella:
You are right Matty.It"s a shame the kids are missing out.
Godzilla is killin us !

Pats 20 Wins in a row !

RedDog
10-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Where's the third "Who cares" choice?? ;) ;) :D :D

The other Scott

Football season is here, the rest is trivial :)

Even it it wasn't football season "who cares." I even like the NBA compared to MLB. TV golf is even more exciting...

TuxedoPk
10-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Say what you will about the Yankees- they are a class act.

What other franchise would walk away from a clean sweep after Saturday night's game (ok, batting practice) just so as not to steal the Jet's first ever 5-0 season start? :D

mattyboy
10-18-2004, 03:51 PM
MLB has to pull it's head out of it's ass 1:30am :eek: glad it only went 12 innings
today the Sox save face and force a game 6 back the big apple :applecomp
and you bored southern fans who don't care can go watch the grass grow or fry an egg on the side walk ;) or whatever it is you do when you're not boarding up the windows ;), what happen to all the marlin fans???

TuxedoPk
10-19-2004, 07:04 PM
today the Sox save face and force a game 6 back the big apple :applecomp

Matty, since when do we have to be so politically correct on the board. Game 6 is all about winning in Yankee stadium v. on the road :lookaroun

DONZI
10-20-2004, 05:38 AM
Here we go !
Game 7.
There will be no vehicle or foot traffic.The Malls & stores will be empty.The 2nd shifters will sneak in their televisions. Grandparents will sit with the kids and actually watch the same show.
Will the Babe forgive us this yr. or haunt us forevermore?

Why do we care ? Because it's the best damn rivalry in all of sports !

Hmmmn a Rawwwwwwgerr vs. Pedro match up could be fun.
May the best team win !

RvR
10-20-2004, 06:21 AM
The Yankees are in trouble now. No one has ever won game 7 after winning the first three in a 7 game series :biggrin:

Tidbart
10-20-2004, 06:43 AM
Go Sox!

Cuda
10-20-2004, 07:38 AM
The Yankee fans showed their well documented lack of class last night by throwing stuff on the feild after the call on ARod at first didn't go their way. There was no doubt the umps got the call right, but the yankee fans just don't care. It's a shame when we have to watch the game with riot police lining the field. :mad:

Cuda
10-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Just to make myself clear, I'm not saying the Yankee players don't have class, you'd be hard pressed to find players that comport themselves with more dignity than Torre, Williams, Jeter, and ARod. I imagine the yankee fans even embarassed them last night.

kjly63
10-20-2004, 07:49 AM
:frown: I hear ya.......The next step would have been to give the pitcher a bulletproof vest :nuke:

Ken

Kirk
10-20-2004, 01:13 PM
I Believe

boldts
10-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Not sure why, but I'm pulling for the Red Soxs. Since Columbus, OH is the home of the Yankee's farm team (Columbus Clippers) we get to see a few of those big show players come through town. I think my dislike for the Yankees comes from them beating up on the Indians every year. I've always gravitated towards Cleveland when it comes to baseball and football. Having fun watching Jeff Garcia run the Browns this year and the new stadium is a great asset to the team and fans. Jacobs field is one of the best ball parks in the country. I can remeber going up to Cleveland and getting a ticket to an Indians game any day of the week when they played in the old stadium. Now, if your not at the ticket vender the first day tics go on sale, your paying a scalper for a game seat.

I agree with Matty & Digger on the cost and pulling the game from our kids! Hockey used to be fun. We have a brand new arena here, but the cost again only allowed me to see a game or 2 a season. I was really disappointed when I found out that hockey players are the highest paid in sports. It's no wonder the arena owners want more of that money in their pockets to pay for these grand ice rinks.

Oh well, enough soapbox.....Pulling for the Astros in the NL only because I lived there for 3 years at a youger age. Loved seeing the Astro Dome from the freeway. Everyone who visited our home got to go to a Astro Dome tour. Unfortunately, I never got to do that tour. Got to see a BOAT show in the dome once though. What a spectacular sight when your standing up close.

mattyboy
10-20-2004, 06:41 PM
The Yankee fans showed their well documented lack of class last night by throwing stuff on the feild after the call on ARod at first didn't go their way. There was no doubt the umps got the call right, but the yankee fans just don't care. It's a shame when we have to watch the game with riot police lining the field. :mad:

let's see the documentation???

when you can't beat them call them names

first i agree a handfull of fans( do not lump all of us in with them) ruined last nights game and we have won more championships than any other city in the US and have NEVER HAD A RIOT for a celebration not even a trash can tipped over, nevermind a car!!!! So if we are class less then some fans must be hooligans and heathons .

and the show of strength seen last night is all too familar here in NY city it is the way the police "deal " with peaceful protests, parades, and public places, and possible terrorists targets, They come in numbers loaded for bear they could have made several announcements and taken alot longer to let the bad fans Know they're not fooling around, knock it off they came out lined up stayed for 5 minutes and left,
I had friends at last nights game and they said the ones that threw stuff were quickly pointed out and even confronted by fans and security they said it changed the entire amotsphere
Don't be surprised if arrests come out of this I am sure video tape is being reviewed.

now back to history

game seven

oh boy

I run the full gambit here,
proud,neverous,confident,optimystic,pesimystic,

my prediction

Yanks in extra innings

if it is a 9 inning game we loose :sad:

classless in the north

mattyboy
10-20-2004, 10:16 PM
I give !!! I give!!! UNCLE UNCLE !!!!!!!

:(

ToonaFish
10-20-2004, 10:33 PM
What's that noise I hear?

Could it be?

Why, yes, I do believe, that is the fast approaching sound of a fat lady singing...

Digger
10-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Holy ass kicking batman, they did it!!!!!!

Red Sox=2004 World Series!!!

I guess money doesn't always buy the best team after all.

MissRepublican
10-20-2004, 11:34 PM
I Believe.

TuxedoPk
10-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Swallowing pride and want to get this over with-

Congradulations on a great series!

Yup, it did hurt saying it.

Still stings...

Still stings...

This is going to be a LONG year.

ToonaFish
10-20-2004, 11:43 PM
My, what a noisey fat lady!

Congratulations to the Sox!

Bunches,

Celene 'at least college ball ends at a decent hour!'

MissRepublican
10-20-2004, 11:54 PM
As a potential FLIQ (fat lady in question), I have but one thing to sing....TESSIE: The Official Anthem of the Boston Red Sox

Tessie is the Royal Rooters rally cry
Tessie is the tune they always sung
Tessie echoed April through October nights
After serenading Ortiz, Schilling, and Damon,
Tessie is a maiden with the sparkling eyes
Tessie is a maiden with the love
She doesn’t know the meaning of her sight
She’s got a comment full of love
And sometimes when the game is on the line
Tessie always carried them away
Up the road from Third Base to Huntington
The boys will always sing and sway
Two! Three! Four!

Tessie, Nuff Ced McGreevy shouted
We’re not here to mess around
Boston, you know we love you madly
Hear the crowd roar to your sound
Don’t blame us if we ever doubt you
You know we couldn’t live without you
Tessie, you are the only, only, only

The Rooters showed up at the Grounds one day
They found their seats had all been sold
McGreevy led the charge into the park
Stormed the gates and put the game on hold
The Rooters gave the Yankees a dreadful fright
Boston’s tenth man could not be wrong
Up from Third Base to Huntington
They sang another victory song

Two! Three! Four!

Tessie, you are the only, only, only

The Rooters gave the Yankees a dreadful fright
Boston’s tenth man could not be wrong
Up from Third Base to Huntington
They sang another victory song

Two! Three! Four!

Boston, you are the only, only, only
Red Sox, you are the only, only, only

GO BOSTON RED SOX!

Cuda
10-20-2004, 11:55 PM
my prediction

Yanks in extra innings

if it is a 9 inning game we loose :sad:

Very prophetic.

TuxedoPk
10-21-2004, 01:08 AM
If Houston wins game 7 this will be the first time history that the World Series will be played in an election year with the presidential candiates from the same states.

One upset a year is about all I can handle.

DONZI
10-21-2004, 06:15 AM
Victory over the Yanks! Priceless :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

mattyboy
10-21-2004, 07:51 AM
:frown:

Fish boy
10-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Just checked the weather, apparently....

HELL IS FREEZING OVER!!!!!

Kirk
10-21-2004, 08:27 AM
WHO'S YOUR DADDY

mattyboy
10-21-2004, 09:09 AM
well it is time for me to tip my hat to my northern brothers of the sox nation,
congrats on a great win and wishing you all the best in the series :)

who the hell am I trying to kid, the only thing better than having the pennant ripped from the sox's hand due to a scandal involving performance enhancing drugs, game fixing,umpire bribing,bat corking,selling their soul to the devil scandal,
would be for a giant sink hole to open at fenway swallowing both the astros and the sox on game seven when my daddy pedro and rodger the dodger are due to pitch :tongue: :eek: hehehe

classless
pennantless
less is not more

in NY

Cuda
10-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Matty, would it make you feel better to fly down here and rub the Stanley Cup? :cistineb:

TuxedoPk
10-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Matty, would it make you feel better to fly down here and rub the Stanley Cup? :cistineb:

If I remember correctly, that was the 'toonafish looking' cup that someone took a crap in when it was at home in NY right?

I guess when you don't have a hockey dynasty a sports strike is the next best way to keep the cup an extra year :smash:

ToonaFish
10-21-2004, 07:53 PM
If I remember correctly, that was the 'toonafish looking' cup that someone took a crap in when it was at home in NY right?

Picture, please. :eek!:

Cuda
10-21-2004, 08:32 PM
I guess when you don't have a hockey dynasty a sports strike is the next best way to keep the cup an extra year :smash:

And if you don't have a team competing for a championship, the best way to cover that is to pooh pooh a reigning champion.

Cuda
10-21-2004, 08:36 PM

:

Now why don't I find that hard to believe from a New Yorker? :toiletpap

McGary911
10-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty happy being a Met fan....Sox fans must be euphoric....This is how my office in NYC has been for the past 2 days:

Subject: more red sox trash talk

How does it feel?

How does it feel to be a part of history, but this time, experiencing it on the LOSING SIDE?!?

How does it feel to be up 3-0 in the ALCS, coming off of a 19-8 stomping of your opponent, only to watch it all crumble away in the GREATEST COMEBACK IN

SPORTS HISTORY?
What is it like to watch your arch-rivals celebrate on the field in the House that Ruth Built?

Did the Babe throw the Mick a birthday party on the field after the Red Sox won?

Does the sequence now read: "Babe, Bucky, Buckner, Boone, BROWN?"

What is it like not getting all the calls from the umpires?

Where was Jeffery Maier when you needed him?

After A-Rod tried to cheat and the Yanks didn't pull one over on the umpires in Game 6, what did you throw on the field? Where any of you that guy who threw his cell phone and keys?

What's it like to hear the deafening silence of 55,000 strong in the final 2 games played at Yankee Stadium in 2004?

Following Thursday morning's emergency meeting in Tampa, who will get fired first: 1) Torre - "it starts at the top." 2) Cashman - "$194 MILLION is not enough cash, man?" 3) Mariano Rivera - "how many saves did he blow?" 4) Mattingly - "where did the bats go in games 4-7?" 5) Kevin Brown "great start, buddy!" 6) Jeter - "what kind of Yankee captain loses to Boston at home in Game 7?"

Who will be the next group of overpaid ego-maniacs to join the pinstripers in 2005, and will they be enough?

What will the payroll be in 2005, and WILL IT BE ENOUGH?

Where's Tino? Broscious? Roger? Wells? Leyritz? O'Neill? Pettitte? Wetteland? Sojo? Do you think those guys would have went down like A-Rod, Giambi, Sheffield, Lofton, Brown, Mussina, and Gordon?

Who's your Papi?

Did any of you actually think that the Yanks would collapse after being up 3-0?

What do the voices of Mike Francesa, Michael Kay, John Sterling, and Suzyn Waldman sound like with bitter sorrow in them?

Since the curse is reversed, does this mean that the Yanks are cursed now?

I could (and would like to) go on, but I have to go back to work...
Forward this to your favorite Yankee fans!

Donzi Di
10-22-2004, 04:51 PM
McGary911 said (I was not sure how to do a quote item)

"Since the curse is reversed, does this mean that the Yanks are cursed now?"

My reply to that is: The curse is not reversed - they haven't won a World Series yet.....

mattyboy
10-22-2004, 04:55 PM
did someone say met fan???? :eek:
they still have fans???? :tongue:
i dunno If i would say that out loud :jestera:

Woodsy
10-22-2004, 04:58 PM
How do you make 55,000 New Yorkers shut up???

Win 4 games in a row.... 3 at Yankee Stadium! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Who's YOUR Daddy? Maybe ole George & Joe should have spent more time coaching team than making Visa commercials!

Whats that? Yankees Stabium is closed? No hot dogs today? I guess I'll just have to go to FENWAY!!

RED SOX RULE!!!

Woodsy Von Sox fan!!

mattyboy
10-22-2004, 05:00 PM
yadda yadda yadda ;)

kjly63
10-22-2004, 06:12 PM
:smash: THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT THEY STILL HAVN'T WON A WORLD SERIES SINCE 1918. I KNOW BEATING THE YANKS IS A MILESTONE :( .........BUT THEY STILL HAVE TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

CARDINALS IN 6 :jestera:

KEN

TuxedoPk
10-23-2004, 03:03 AM
Picture, please. :eek!:

That was back when the cup was in the hands of the Howard Stern show.... I'm surprised no one else remembers that incident.

DONZI
10-23-2004, 07:58 AM
McGary911 said (I was not sure how to do a quote item)

"Since the curse is reversed, does this mean that the Yanks are cursed now?"

My reply to that is: The curse is not reversed - they haven't won a World Series yet.....
Di & Ken,
I agree with you.It hasn"t been lifted till they win the big one.Ck out the soundbite from the Bambinos own daughter.

http://www.baberuth.com/curse/audio/julia_audio.htm

Woodsy
10-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Hey Matty...

There is an eeeirie noise coming from NY.... something never before heard... the sound of SILENCE as not only did the NY Spankees suffer the worst collapse in baseball playoff history, but the 5-0 Jets are now 5-1 courtesy of the NE Patriots!

how bout them JETS? HAHAHAHAHA!!

It was a Great weekend for NE sports fans!!

Why Not US? Go SOX!

Woodsy Von RedSox!

MissRepublican
10-26-2004, 06:55 AM
Why Not Us?

I Believe!!!!

mattyboy
10-26-2004, 07:48 AM
Hey Matty...

There is an eeeirie noise coming from NY.... something never before heard... the sound of SILENCE as not only did the NY Spankees suffer the worst collapse in baseball playoff history, but the 5-0 Jets are now 5-1 courtesy of the NE Patriots!

how bout them JETS? HAHAHAHAHA!!

It was a Great weekend for NE sports fans!!

Why Not US? Go SOX!

Woodsy Von RedSox!

sure kick a guy when he's down ;)
yup boston is the town they've been on a roll,
2 games away but you guys have been closer ;) just make sure you're not the first team in history to come back from 3-0 to loose the next series after being up 2 0 !!!
Now I'm begging you do something with the Celtics up there ;)

oh BTW our chowda is still better ;) :tongue:

a loosa from nu york

where's the caaar I'm outta here ;)

Woodsy
10-27-2004, 11:56 PM
The Bambino has LEFT THE BUILDING!!!!

WOOHOO!!! CONGRATS ON AN UNPRECEDENTED 8 GAME WINNING STREAK!

GO SOX!!!

Woodsy Von RedSox

MissRepublican
10-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Bam who? This happened because we believed, en masse...

Darcy "When Irish Eyes are Smiling" Republican

DONZI
10-28-2004, 06:23 AM
Party Time !
World Champion Red Sox.
World Champion New England Patriots.

Matty, Even the Celts beat the Pistons last nite !

mattyboy
10-28-2004, 08:16 AM
just as the NY rangers silenced the chants of 1940 the red sox have now lifted the curse and I give a big kudos to my northern brothers it must feel great,
love the scheduling of the rings ceremony when the yanks are in town it just doesn't get any better for you guys.
Now win like 18 more world series or better yet maybe 2 in a row and then the sox can be mentioned in the same sentence has the yanks, now the pats are a different story they're only a few wins away from becoming a football dynasty,

Now to make it a clean sweep all you guys need to do is get that bonehead from Mass elected president
That surely is the the ride of the four horseman of the apocolypse :eek: :tongue:

my daddy is going to disney world and he didn't take me!!! :P

man it's going to be a long time to pitchers and catchers, If I hear one more word from Mike Barnacle I'm gonna poke my eyes out!!!

congrats guys!!! and the only thing worse would have been if the mets won !!