PDA

View Full Version : bravo vs blackhawk

RSlick
10-10-2004, 12:47 AM
When Donzi uses the blackhawk drive on a 22 classic, is it mounted in the same location as a bravo 1 would be or is the x demension different?

Lenny
10-10-2004, 02:34 AM
Blackhawk sits higher, hence the proximatey of the 4"exhaust outlets at the rub rail. Manifolds used on these two set-ups are the same on a Bravo 502/415 BH as they are on a Classic 22 502... Mercury service manual in "1995" states that the BH is to be mounted 3" higher than the standard "X" dimension measurement for any given Bravo measurement in relation to the transom angle and "X" dim.

Mr X
10-10-2004, 08:14 AM
I wonder how much higher the propshaft is on the Blackhawk edition.

3" higher X Dim. and a shorter drive.......it must be quite a bit higher than the stock.

MOP
10-10-2004, 09:42 AM
I am working on doing that swap on a 22C with a SB, from what I have gathered the ones that are setup right have the gear case bottom level with the hull bottom only the skeg and bottom of the blades are below the hull. I am going to try mounting mine at stock X as I have straight bottom in hopes of getting enough bow lift so it will run decent. That will put my gear case just below the bottom. I will also be trying to run B3 wheels which require slight machining of the forward prop to fit but should give more bow lift. If it does not work out I will hang a Bravo on it, I am shooting for a higher cruise speed not top end though it may do fairly well even at top end.
In the post below Donzi Blackhawk tells about removing cup to get rid of some of the lift the drive generates so I may have a decent shot at getting mine to run OK.

It won't be a true BH but it will be one very short B3!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29224

Phil