PDA

View Full Version : Is a roller trailer ok for Classic 16

patp
10-09-2004, 12:23 AM
I am looking at new trailer and have been told some boats can not handle the stress of rollers. Can the 16 handle the rollers? Or should I go with bunks. The trailer dealer is telling me there is no problem with rollers.

Lenny
10-09-2004, 12:30 AM
bunks bunks bunks bunks, not to mention the perk of the drive on issue, or the support from hooking while stored for long durations and high PSI pressure load areas against the hull, (an even worse scenario in any cored areas if roller).

Just SHOP around and pay up front now for a GOOD one instead of later.

This will become another "hotbed" topic, I can feel it. :D

Walt. H.
10-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Bunks are best! :checkered :spongebob

How would you like to lay on a dozen lumpy roller balls even just over night. :bawling: Boats are like people, and they prefer to rest on a flat surface, keep the hull from dimpling. :yes: :biggrin.:

Walt :wrench:

patp
10-09-2004, 08:58 AM
I am going to go with the bunk trailer! I also feel it is the best setup for the boat and it is less expensive than the roller trailer. The other problem I am having is finding a trailer that is small enough for the boat (16'5") and has a high enough weigh capacity (2500 pounds plus 32 gallons of feul). The trailer that the dealer has is just barely small enough to fit the classic 16.

MOP
10-09-2004, 09:44 AM
I am going to go with the bunk trailer! I also feel it is the best setup for the boat and it is less expensive than the roller trailer. The other problem I am having is finding a trailer that is small enough for the boat (16'5") and has a high enough weigh capacity (2500 pounds plus 32 gallons of feul). The trailer that the dealer has is just barely small enough to fit the classic 16.

When I bought my 16 it had the trailer that really did match it size wise, it was a pain back into my tight spot next to the house and at the ramp. I happened onto a used really good shape trailer for a 19 footer it was 4 feet longer I readjusted it to fit the 16, it not only backed 100% better it was a dream to tow ever at 85 on the throughway. You can not beat the extra length, the bigger rubber and capacity.

Cuda
10-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Most bunk trailers are adjustable. Don't worry about having too much trailer, it's like being too rich.